What kind of tech do you expect enabled in the car or interface?

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Rivian also has multiple cameras specially used for off-road spotting. Some in this forum do not want any cameras. so i think a "happy middle" is to have these extra cameras as apart of an off road package/option.

Rivian has space for their spare tire underneath both of their models, the battery doesn't extend past the wheels so there could be space behind the rear wheels (at the sacrifice of extra under floor storage.)

Also if the spare is mounted outside Jeep Wrangler incorporates their rearview camera with the spare holder and it sticks out the middle hub where the spare mounts to.
The Scout the SUV is small. Based on the renders it is about 3 feet shorter than a Rivian RS1 with very little overhang behind the rear wheels. Rivian are using the overhang space and also have a compact spare. I don’t see how there could possibly be space in the Scout even with a compact. Also a compact spare is a joke on an off road vehicle, it must be full sized.

The Scout the SUV is small. Based on the renders it is about 3 feet shorter than a Rivian RS1 with very little overhang behind the rear wheels. Rivian are using the overhang space and also have a compact spare. I don’t see how there could possibly be space in the Scout even with a compact. Also a compact spare is a joke on an off road vehicle, it must be full sized.
3 feet shorter is quite a significant estimation. based on what renders do you gain a reference for size? Everything that officially has been put out is that wheel base will be comparable to any of it's main competitors (rivian, wrangler, bronco).....and if the wheelbase is "similar" then i don't know how they will cut 3 feet somewhere.

Reactions: J Alynn
My daughter’s Bronco is similar. The spare doesn’t interfere. I’m sure if setting up for overlanding/of-roading with extra gear packs it may start to hinder but that’s just an effort of planning your set up
3 feet shorter is quite a significant estimation. based on what renders do you gain a reference for size? Everything that officially has been put out is that wheel base will be comparable to any of it's main competitors (rivian, wrangler, bronco).....and if the wheelbase is "similar" then i don't know how they will cut 3 feet somewhere.

The Rivian 1RS is 200.8 in long without a spare tire
The Bronco 4 door is 189.4 in long with the spare tire

I measured the teaser images with a pair of calipers to study ratios. Tire size vs length, width vs height, tire size vs width etc. I make just two assumptions, 1) the wheels are not bigger than 35 in and 2) the width (with mirrors folded) is not less than 79 in. I conclude that the Scout rendering model is just a bit shorter than the Bronco in length and width. Length is as short as 164 inches without a spare on the back. Wheel base looks to be about 110 in. This fits with the fact Scout have said they are making a “small” SUV.

I understand that these are just renders but they are all we have to go on. If my measurements are correct we are looking a vehicle length that falls in between the 2 door and 4 door versions of the Bronco (and Defender), has the width of a Defender, has Sasquatch sized wheels but the overall height of a non-Sasqutch Bronco.

Given that it will have a frunk instead of an engine, overall internal storage volume might be similar to the 4 door Bronco even though it is a bit smaller. A full sized spare could potentially go in the frunk.

The Rivian 1RS is 200.8 in long without a spare tire
The Bronco 4 door is 189.4 in long with the spare tire

I measured the teaser images with a pair of calipers to study ratios. Tire size vs length, width vs height, tire size vs width etc. I make just two assumptions, 1) the wheels are not bigger than 35 in and 2) the width (with mirrors folded) is not less than 79 in. I conclude that the Scout rendering model is just a bit shorter than the Bronco in length and width. Length is as short as 164 inches without a spare on the back. Wheel base looks to be about 110 in. This fits with the fact Scout have said they are making a “small” SUV.

I understand that these are just renders but they are all we have to go on. If my measurements are correct we are looking a vehicle length that falls in between the 2 door and 4 door versions of the Bronco (and Defender), has the width of a Defender, has Sasquatch sized wheels but the overall height of a non-Sasqutch Bronco.

Given that it will have a frunk instead of an engine, overall internal storage volume might be similar to the 4 door Bronco even though it is a bit smaller. A full sized spare could potentially go in the frunk.
I can appreciate your attention to detail but there is one main factor that is apparent: the design has not been finalized yet, and second those are just teasers.....so a teaser is an image produced by an artist's interpretation of this initial stage and not a 3d model of the current model.

given that you say the wheel base is 110 for the 4 door that is very small considering the R1S is 121, Wrangler 4d is 118, and Bronco 4d is 116.

Not to toss sand in your process but i think right off the bat to assume a 4d version will be between the size of the 2 and 4 door bronco is not likely.

also if the R1S is 121 and you estimate 110 thats only a difference of 11"....and based on my NY public school math is much less than 3ft.

one more thing to add is that the battery is going to live within the wheelbase. and to have such a small wheelbase is going to severely hurt the battery pack volume. i would say just based on that the renderings are giving you an inaccurate picture.

Last edited:
I can appreciate your attention to detail but there is one main factor that is apparent: the design has not been finalized yet, and second those are just teasers.....so a teaser is an image produced by an artist's interpretation of this initial stage and not a 3d model of the current model.

given that you say the wheel base is 110 for the 4 door that is very small considering the R1S is 121, Wrangler 4d is 118, and Bronco 4d is 116.

Not to toss sand in your process but i think right off the bat to assume a 4d version will be between the size of the 2 and 4 door bronco is not likely.

also if the R1S is 121 and you estimate 110 thats only a difference of 11"....and based on my NY public school math is much less than 3ft.

one more thing to add is that the battery is going to live within the wheelbase. and to have such a small wheelbase is going to severely hurt the battery pack volume. i would say just based on that the renderings are giving you an inaccurate picture.

I admitted that I am making some assumptions, I also detailed them and I don’t intend to be dogmatic. It’s very easy for us to project our own wishes onto what we think Scout are working on. I’m trying to avoid that.

Scout have said they are working on a “small” SUV. I’m just pointing out that what they have presented so far is (relying on some reasonable assumptions) a bit smaller than a 4 door Bronco. Few people would consider a Bronco “small” so I think the measurements I estimated are not a million miles away.

Some of the renderings are based on 3D models and there is no reason why those models would not share basic data with early prototypes rather than be pure artistic speculation. It is true that little is going to be nailed down at this point but I think they do know the general size and the renders are intended to give an idea of at least that.

Some of the media articles I read said it will compete against the Rivian. That’s the media for you. The Scout is not going to be in the size class or luxury class or price bracket of the Rivian.

The 3ft I mentioned is total length (not wheelbase). The Rivian is 200.8 inches and my Scout estimate based on the artist sketch came out at 163.8 inches. That’s a difference of 37 inches. This could be wrong but we have no reason to think Scout are making something the size of a Rivian. The Rivian has 3 rows of seats and large overhangs. The Bronco is quite a bit shorter than the Rivian, especially when you take into account the spare wheel on the back. Based on my estimate the Scout is a bit smaller than a 4 door Bronco.

On the topic of "what kind of tech do i expect".... I'd expect everything the vehicle is capable of. What companies like Mercedes, BMW and others are doing, in my subjective opinion, is sort of greedy and off-putting. If the motor is capable of N amount of horsepower, just give it to the consumer. If the seats already have heaters in them, just let the buyer use them. I am hoping Scout Motors doesn't do stuff like this. If the company is looking for incremental revenue I would prefer they actually add something that isn't already there if they want to charge more.

Reiterating an earlier comment…
If it were up to me size wise and using my own model names:

Scout III (4 door)= Grand Cherokee

Travelall (4 door, 3 row). = Grand Cherokee L

Scout 80 (2 door) = Jeep L J, the long wheelbase version of the TJ

Scout Terra (4 door truck)= Rivian R1T

Scout TerraMax (4 door truck)= Ram 1500/F150 size but with 3/4 and 1 ton capacity.

Scout Metro (van)= VW ID.Buzz

Scout MetroMax (van) = Sprinter/Transit

Reiterating an earlier comment…
If it were up to me size wise and using my own model names:

Scout III (4 door)= Grand Cherokee

Travelall (4 door, 3 row). = Grand Cherokee L

Scout 80 (2 door) = Jeep L J, the long wheelbase version of the TJ

Scout Terra (4 door truck)= Rivian R1T

Scout TerraMax (4 door truck)= Ram 1500/F150 size but with 3/4 and 1 ton capacity.

Scout Metro (van)= VW ID.Buzz

Scout MetroMax (van) = Sprinter/Transit
I didn't know we were expecting so many versions. I was only expecting a 2 door (future) 4 door suv, and 4 door truck. I do like the idea of expanding the line up to a van in the future too....there is no electric minivan yet in the space (until ID Buzz) which would be a hot vehicle for the US market.

i also wanted to add a non electric reference for the expected size of the Terra: a Toyaota Tacoma. that is likely the size i expect.

When we say small, we mean smaller than the pickup truck. That doesn't mean smaller relative to the competition in this space.
Thanks for the clarification.

Here’s an overlay of one of the teaser images with a Bronco Sasquatch for comparison. Assuming the wheels on the teaser image are not larger than those on the Bronco Sasquatch the wheel base is quite a bit shorter and overall length is also a bit shorter.

I guess the teaser image is just a bit off?

A lot of buyers feel torn between the 2 door and 4 door bronco because the shorter wheelbase is superior off road. Coming in slightly shorter than the 4 door Bronco might be a killer move.

Scout:Sasquatch overlay.jpg

Here’s an overlay of one of the teaser images with a Bronco Sasquatch for comparison. Assuming the wheels on the teaser image are not larger than those on the Bronco Sasquatch the wheel base is quite a bit shorter and overall length is also a bit shorter.

A lot of buyers feel torn between the 2 door and 4 door bronco because the shorter wheelbase is superior off road. Coming in slightly shorter than the 4 door Bronco might be a killer move.

View attachment 925
I wanted to do this kind of analysis too, however as i mentioned before these teaser images are not 1:1 models of the final version. These might be an artist's version of an image they have seen of the current plan. This is for a few reasons 1 reason could be to protect industry secrets by not giving out too much information before they are ready and 2 in-order to make sure the image that the public sees looks good and appealing instead of a boring 3d rendering.

Have you done a comparison with the official photos and the teaser image that you are showing here? I'm going to say that they wouldn't line up either.

another note is that you can see that the bronco's body is both taller and lower than the teaser that you are overlaying. I would say at a minimum the scout will be the same size. Not only does the scout have to have the passenger volume but since it is an EV it will need to have a battery pack under the floor. Considering Scout has said they will be using prismatic cells we can expect the battery to require at least 6-8 inches of floor space.

I want to clarify I'm not trying to slam you. I really appreciate your attention to detail. I even considered doing this myself when i was trying to calculate how large the battery compartment might be and then trying to calculate possible range...but in the end there are too many variables and the biggest problem with making calculations off of renderings or teaser images is you have to remember one thing: These images are products of the art/public relations/media department and a product of the engineering department so with that in mind you have to know that it will not be accurate.

I wanted to do this kind of analysis too, however as i mentioned before these teaser images are not 1:1 models of the final version. These might be an artist's version of an image they have seen of the current plan. This is for a few reasons 1 reason could be to protect industry secrets by not giving out too much information before they are ready and 2 in-order to make sure the image that the public sees looks good and appealing instead of a boring 3d rendering.

Have you done a comparison with the official photos and the teaser image that you are showing here? I'm going to say that they wouldn't line up either.

another note is that you can see that the bronco's body is both taller and lower than the teaser that you are overlaying. I would say at a minimum the scout will be the same size. Not only does the scout have to have the passenger volume but since it is an EV it will need to have a battery pack under the floor. Considering Scout has said they will be using prismatic cells we can expect the battery to require at least 6-8 inches of floor space.

I want to clarify I'm not trying to slam you. I really appreciate your attention to detail. I even considered doing this myself when i was trying to calculate how large the battery compartment might be and then trying to calculate possible range...but in the end there are too many variables and the biggest problem with making calculations off of renderings or teaser images is you have to remember one thing: These images are products of the art/public relations/media department and a product of the engineering department so with that in mind you have to know that it will not be accurate.
My guess is the tires on the Scout render are bigger than reality-probably 37’s or slightly larger. Car renders always look better with larger tires-probably because seeing a void at the top between wheel and metal opening doesn’t look sexy enough. I’m guessing the render has oversized tires and your overlay has them scaled a a more standard size to match the Bronco below. I’d guess if you scaled the entire Scout up to take the tires up in size it would be nearly identical in scale to the overlayed Bronco image below. Just my thoughts

Reactions: Rustic_father

View attachment 925

I would say in general that sketches like that one aren't proportionally correct all the time. Particularly the wheels which look huge.

Driven EVs for six years now so have some experience on what makes a good one as far as tech goes.
- heat pump!
- apple car play/android auto
- heated/ventilated seats and heated steering wheel.
- vehicle that locks automagically when you walk away
- battery preconditioning before fast charging
- climate timer (for preconditioning vehicle before use)
- 800V battery architecture for ultra fast charging (not really "tech" but it's important).
- if the screen themes could change from dark to light based on local sunset/sunrise that would be cool and much appreciated.
- heated windshield wipers
- vehicle to load capability (1.5kW standard outlet or better) with plugs front and rear.

Driven EVs for six years now so have some experience on what makes a good one as far as tech goes.
- heat pump!
- apple car play/android auto
- heated/ventilated seats and heated steering wheel.
- vehicle that locks automagically when you walk away
- battery preconditioning before fast charging
- climate timer (for preconditioning vehicle before use)
- 800V battery architecture for ultra fast charging (not really "tech" but it's important).
- if the screen themes could change from dark to light based on local sunset/sunrise that would be cool and much appreciated.
- heated windshield wipers
- vehicle to load capability (1.5kW standard outlet or better) with plugs front and rear.
This should be a list of must haves! 100% agree. I’ve had EVs since 2019 and this is spot on.

I'm sure it's been brought up, but a discussion in another thread led me to making sure it's posted here. I would love to see Scout push advancements in V2X tech. Yes, I'd love to power my worksite and campsite, but I'd also love to save on my electric bill with vehicle-to-home capabilities. I want that big ol' battery to power my house during peak hours and store what my solar panels generate. I think the ROI would be far higher if my vehicle is also a power plant for my home and a generator in an emergency.

Another thing I'd love to see is plug-and-charge capability. Right now the screens at EA chargers are very inconsistent and the I also get inconsistent performance with the app. If I could just plug in to start charging and make my payment without pushing any buttons, I'd be a happy scout. This is my favorite part of the Tesla charging experience. Since VW owns EA, I hope Scout can work with EA to make this easy and reliable.

I am all for the apple play stuff as long as it’s basic and really like the idea of a removable Bluetooth speaker if it has a hard plug to the audio in it’s parked state but I would like the audio to be customizable from crutchfeild should the owner so desire without working around awkward ohm and voltage requirements.

For creature comforts I get that there will be varied users and people willing to shell dollars for options can help offset startup costs, but some of us are excited for a no frills experience where windows, radios, hvac and the like have mechanical interfaces you can operate with a pair of work gloves on.

I do think heated seats are a good standard item given the anticipated use.

The ideas expressed about cameras and off-road Mac apps sound good but please make them optional

For Nannie’s please make them optional for purchase and optional to turn on.

for the love of everything scout do not put electrically powered door latches or automatic door locking on these. These are my biggest deterrent to the Tesla architecture and will prevent a sale.

I am all for the apple play stuff as long as it’s basic and really like the idea of a removable Bluetooth speaker if it has a hard plug to the audio in it’s parked state but I would like the audio to be customizable from crutchfeild should the owner so desire without working around awkward ohm and voltage requirements.

For creature comforts I get that there will be varied users and people willing to shell dollars for options can help offset startup costs, but some of us are excited for a no frills experience where windows, radios, hvac and the like have mechanical interfaces you can operate with a pair of work gloves on.

I do think heated seats are a good standard item given the anticipated use.

The ideas expressed about cameras and off-road Mac apps sound good but please make them optional

For Nannie’s please make them optional for purchase and optional to turn on.

for the love of everything scout do not put electrically powered door latches or automatic door locking on these. These are my biggest deterrent to the Tesla architecture and will prevent a sale.
Pretty sure Jamie already noted the doors would have mechanical openers which is a big plus for all of us