Top Five Accessories For The New Scout

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
I don't know if this would be better as an accessory or a built in, but let's use the electric battery to our benefit!

Besides having an inverter for AC power (possibly even with 240V?)

Have 1-2 built in, compressor driven coolers, ideally some that can be left on when the car is off as long as the projected state of charge will be high enough. You could have the software calculate that for the driver so that if someone say leaves their house with a 300 mile range, drives 50 miles out to camp, it could run but ensure it warns you and shuts the coolers off before it runs the traction battery down too low to get home. This could be nice for those that always like to keep cold beverages in the car for themselves/kids, but are plugging the truck in at night at home too. The cooler could stay on "continuously" if desired and it would just slightly decrease the range.

Having a way to tap into the power in an elegant way for camp lights, either on the roof or underneath that would be very dimmable so they could create a soft glow when desired.

I also love the other users' suggestions about having a couple of "always charged" flashlights (maybe one in the front and one in the cargo area) so that I never have to worry that I have them ready.

While not everyone would want it, you could make an optional "tailgate package" that could incorporate a TV on the inside of the tailgate to catch the pregame as you tailgate waiting for the game you're there for. Bonus points if it has an HDTV antenna unobtrusively incorporated or along the roof rack so that you can pick up the local channels.

I think this would be an option, as a lot of folks wouldn't care, but some people would love it and it would absolutely set the truck apart for tailgating, camping, going to the beach, etc.

Would also love if there are camp chairs that can really compactly slide into slots in the body/cargo area so you could "always" have them with you having something clogging up the trunk area. My kids play sports and we're forever dragging a couple of camp chairs out of the trunk or loading them in (along with beverages - see above) to go to games/practice, etc. It would be a killer feature to have first aid kit, camp chairs, and a cooler onboard at all times.
Rather than chair slots I’d rather see a collapsing wagon to haul all the kids crap you were mentioning. Could use for sports (been there-done that), or groceries or beach “stuff”, etc…. Even if it was a slot under the vehicle -sorta like a U-haul truck had the slide and hide ramp

Might not be for everyone but I like your thinking. Also would open up a branding collaboration

Are you suggesting that SM affiliate with California Closets? A niche for everything that fits nothing else? No, please give us a clean simple truck with good access to systems, and appropriate functional accessories that allows me to adapt it to my needs without having to destroy or modify the integral vehicle.
Are you responding to my post? This thread is literally the "options" thread, so don't buy the options you don't want.

Hi Scouts!

Our Accessories Team is looking for feedback on your top five accessories you would like to us offer on the new Scouts. This would include factory accessory bumpers, brush guards, interior protection, interior organizers, roof racks, roof tents, etc., etc. Basically things that don't initially come with the car but would be nice to either order special or after you purchase the car to add to it.

I also want to introduce the Scout Community to Bryan Mutchler who is our Director of Accessory Development. I’ll let him do his own introduction and background below.

Chris and I are excited to have some fresh meat in the forum cage. 😁🍺
Roof racks, tow hitch, an entry/exit step, blind side monitoring, targa type top - for easy removal

Removable doors. Is that a given? I Love Jeeps with their doors off on a hot summer day.

Reactions: J Alynn
While factory roof racks might be tempting - they are probably a manufacturer's nightmare. Put a load on your roof, and the vehicle will be top heavy. As soon as someone rolls their vehicle, someone will want to sue the manufacture. Net effect, manufacturers rarely put even a mid duty roof rack on their vehicles for liability limitation. I have had some fairly heavy duty roof racks and love them - but I have never seen a modern vehicle manufacturer (at least in countries that tend to be lawsuit heavy) willing to accept the risk to put anything close to them on their vehicles. FWIW, the rack on my current Jeep is rated at 600lb dynamic load. I will never drive with that weight - but can easily see putting more on it stationary. When I kayaked, I think the most I ever drove with was about 400lbs of kayaks. That said, on one trip (not my vehicle) we had at least that on top when we had a rack failure. Nothing quite as exciting as hearing a whaap, then hearing a passenger scream (she happened to be looking back when it happened) - then seeing 8 kayaks/canoes going airborn like a covey of quail (and saying a silent prayer that they did not hit any oncoming traffic).

Best I really can hope for is that the design at least lends itself to putting a decent aftermarket or custom built rack on. I had to have a semi custom built hardtop built for my Jeep to be able to hold it's current rack.

I like the idea of a trim line that is as stripped down as possible. An interior, behind the front seats, that could be hosed out when needed. [Not sure what “marine carpet” is, but that sounds waterproof!] Also, jump seats or foldable seats in the back that are light and easily removed. I expect to rarely use more than the two front seats.

While most “SUV” buyers wouldn’t want that, a number would and that option would stand out in the market place. And it could be the saved expense of a really spartan interior would offset the cost of having two trim lines.

Reactions: TaconicBear
What connects you to your Scout emotionally?
I'm really late to the party on this thread, but nonetheless, I still want to reply. My Dad. He did some of the interior design on some of the Scouts in the 70's and early 80's until he was laid off. I have photos of some of his handy work. I think it'd be cool to have the retro interior look with the modern conveniences. There's something that is nicer about clean, uncluttered dashboards. It also helped give the cabin area a more open feeling. Now days everything seems so claustrophobic. The simplistic design of that time is worth going back to. I don't have much to add as far as a wish list of bells and whistles. I just want a truck like my first, a 1978 International Scout II Traveler. Preferably with a lift gate that the shocks don't give out in freezing weather making you prone to getting hit in the head and no need to have to bang, wiggle, spray, or other random things to try (including pep talks and threats of the bone yard) to get the old girl started. Though, those are cherished memories.

I'm really late to the party on this thread, but nonetheless, I still want to reply. My Dad. He did some of the interior design on some of the Scouts in the 70's and early 80's until he was laid off. I have photos of some of his handy work. I think it'd be cool to have the retro interior look with the modern conveniences. There's something that is nicer about clean, uncluttered dashboards. It also helped give the cabin area a more open feeling. Now days everything seems so claustrophobic. The simplistic design of that time is worth going back to. I don't have much to add as far as a wish list of bells and whistles. I just want a truck like my first, a 1978 International Scout II Traveler. Preferably with a lift gate that the shocks don't give out in freezing weather making you prone to getting hit in the head and no need to have to bang, wiggle, spray, or other random things to try (including pep talks and threats of the bone yard) to get the old girl started. Though, those are cherished memories.
Have to agree. The Scouts simple, linear design is always timeless and still looks good today

Reactions: TaconicBear