Top Five Accessories For The New Scout

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Top 5 accessories that aren’t even necessarily for me (other than dog accessories) that I believe have a need:

1) Dog kennel area that allows ample cooling (dogs get hot fast) with the accessory floor actively cooling, yet waterproof, and enough traction so a K-9 isn’t slipping around.
Many people don’t have kids in the potential market for a Scout…..but they do have fur kids. Capture this market, and other areas will follow such as Police K-9, veterinary, animal control in well funded areas, agriculture, etc. However, even though separate from front passengers, give capabilities for total separation, so dog can be properly harnessed in. Offer 2 sizes, one still allowing rear seats, and the other using cargo area only. Cameras are now CHEAP, so instead of a clunky school bus mirror, a cam that will pair into the infotainment. I will STRESS the cooling floor aspect as many HVACS don’t do well in the back without expensive HVAC engineering. Perhaps, electrically similar to ventilated seats, that easily plug in.

2) Lockable areas under front seats, and center console that can be controlled with vehicle lock. Regardless of one’s view on 2nd Amendment, we all can agree that those who choose firearms, should keep them safe. Yet not exclusively marketed for firearms, as some get shut down just seeing a firearm. Perhaps show stowed passports, cash, and camera accessories.

3) Plows….these vehicles will finally be heavy enough to effectively plow deep snow. Those in deep snow areas understand that weight is what is needed, the newer scout can effectively be a better plow than the first one, as it will weigh more.

4) motorized side steps, that are also durable enough for rock guards. They should not feel flimsy at all, and should have led illumination on the step when motorized down, and off when stowed. This will add class, yet keep a rugged stance, as no off road enthusiast I am aware of likes a low looking vehicle, even though the step would motorize down to easily accommodate disabled and elderly assistance to entrance /egress.

5) Jerry can power pack/air compressor that either stows underneath where most pick up truck tires stow, yet is theft resistant, or where Jeeps currently keep their spare tire (I am absolutely not saying to delete the spare tire for clarity). Ideally this could possibly give an extra 30ish miles range, and help with range anxiety that is absolutely real.

Top 5 accessories that aren’t even necessarily for me (other than dog accessories) that I believe have a need:

1) Dog kennel area that allows ample cooling (dogs get hot fast) with the accessory floor actively cooling, yet waterproof, and enough traction so a K-9 isn’t slipping around.
Many people don’t have kids in the potential market for a Scout…..but they do have fur kids. Capture this market, and other areas will follow such as Police K-9, veterinary, animal control in well funded areas, agriculture, etc. However, even though separate from front passengers, give capabilities for total separation, so dog can be properly harnessed in. Offer 2 sizes, one still allowing rear seats, and the other using cargo area only. Cameras are now CHEAP, so instead of a clunky school bus mirror, a cam that will pair into the infotainment. I will STRESS the cooling floor aspect as many HVACS don’t do well in the back without expensive HVAC engineering. Perhaps, electrically similar to ventilated seats, that easily plug in.

2) Lockable areas under front seats, and center console that can be controlled with vehicle lock. Regardless of one’s view on 2nd Amendment, we all can agree that those who choose firearms, should keep them safe. Yet not exclusively marketed for firearms, as some get shut down just seeing a firearm. Perhaps show stowed passports, cash, and camera accessories.

3) Plows….these vehicles will finally be heavy enough to effectively plow deep snow. Those in deep snow areas understand that weight is what is needed, the newer scout can effectively be a better plow than the first one, as it will weigh more.

4) motorized side steps, that are also durable enough for rock guards. They should not feel flimsy at all, and should have led illumination on the step when motorized down, and off when stowed. This will add class, yet keep a rugged stance, as no off road enthusiast I am aware of likes a low looking vehicle, even though the step would motorize down to easily accommodate disabled and elderly assistance to entrance /egress.

5) Jerry can power pack/air compressor that either stows underneath where most pick up truck tires stow, yet is theft resistant, or where Jeeps currently keep their spare tire (I am absolutely not saying to delete the spare tire for clarity). Ideally this could possibly give an extra 30ish miles range, and help with range anxiety that is absolutely real.
Your word combo made me think of the following: we heard educated feedback that a Jerry can won’t provide enough recharge capability but what if accessory Jerry cans were built for other purposes, like the saddle pack on the Range Rover defender. Could carry/be a compressor unit, could be additional storage, etc….most people like the “cool” feature a Jerry can adds so why not make it an accessory. Perhaps its a cooler unit, perhaps it hinges open to store wet gear/shoes, etc…. Design it like the lockable fuel release door so that it doesn’t just walk off
The saddle on the defender is kinda cool because it’s different but losing the visibility isn’t great and the Jerry can could mount rear.
I’d buy one of those just for the look.

Reactions: Trailguide79
Your word combo made me think of the following: we heard educated feedback that a Jerry can won’t provide enough recharge capability but what if accessory Jerry cans were built for other purposes, like the saddle pack on the Range Rover defender. Could carry/be a compressor unit, could be additional storage, etc….most people like the “cool” feature a Jerry can adds so why not make it an accessory. Perhaps its a cooler unit, perhaps it hinges open to store wet gear/shoes, etc…. Design it like the lockable fuel release door so that it doesn’t just walk off
The saddle on the defender is kinda cool because it’s different but losing the visibility isn’t great and the Jerry can could mount rear.
I’d buy one of those just for the look.
Perhaps a hot swap able range extender where the swing away spare tire carrier normally is, or under the truck rear like most pick ups use to place spares, or a larger hitch battery.

Till infrastructure is closer to ideal, this would stop my range anxiety, and likely most others to essentially just activate it when needed, with a battery the size of a large tire, or hitch it’s reasonable to have possibility for 30 miles for the tire size, and 50 miles or more for a larger tow hitch option.

Reactions: J Alynn
Perhaps a hot swap able range extender where the swing away spare tire carrier normally is, or under the truck rear like most pick ups use to place spares, or a larger hitch battery.

Till infrastructure is closer to ideal, this would stop my range anxiety, and likely most others to essentially just activate it when needed, with a battery the size of a large tire, or hitch it’s reasonable to have possibility for 30 miles for the tire size, and 50 miles or more for a larger tow hitch option.
I’m not jumping on you for this (but you’re the most recent post-😂) but I’ve heard it numerous times so gotta ask/comment. I’m 51 years old. NEVER in my life have I run out of gas. I’ve ridden down to a 1-2 mile range once or twice but knew I was 5 minutes from home so it was worth the thrill/risk. I just don’t understand why people have range anxiety unless you simply don’t have a fuel service station with a charging unit less than 10 miles away. Assuming you own a home it is more than feasible that you can install a home charger and charge over night while sleeping.
My daughter’s Bronco gets 18-20mpg and I recall that’s roughly a 19-20 gallon tank so theoretically she can drive say 350-360 miles per full tank. If the Scout has a range of 325-350 where is the concern?
Do people not plan ahead for fuel? Am I the small percentage that does? @R1TVT has provided a lot of real world feedback from driving his Rivian and I don’t recall him ever running out of juice (at least he hasn’t admitted it on this forum 😀). Now assuming you stop periodically your EV stops-nothing running, no fuel consumption so you are actually gaining over an ICE. I also realize freezing weather is detrimental as is towing your airstream over the Rockies but it’s part of the planning process. If you are road tripping for 3-5 solid days you must have chargers somewhere? Sure it adds 20-25 twice a day but that’s the perfect time to have a caffeine and a slim Jim and take a mental break.
I just wonder (and I’m admittedly guilty too). Is it the love of Scout and fear of the unknown that has everyone thinking range anxiety is truly an issue? I was flat out pissed when I learned the Scout resurrection was missing its soul but the idea of a legacy vehicle-EV or ICE is amazing. The balls of Scott K to jump from VW (to a foam pit-sorta) and folks like Jamie and others to take the chance to leave comfort and “go further” is so very applaudable. They understand the industry-more than any of us so maybe we should trust their plan for now. If nothing else we are all part of something that’s never been done before. Instead of people coming on here saying DON’T. Let’s all pause and ask -WHY NOT? And offer ideas to that end. Tell SM where you want chargers-VW is partnered with Electrify America (right company-correct?) so maybe someone with range anxiety needs to start a thread titled-I WANT EV CHARGERS HERE.
All that said I want to thank @R1TVT (again) for all the info he provides based on solid experience in his Rivian. He’s a big reason I’ve opened up to an EV and continue learning all the time. I drive a hybrid now (which I once said I would never do) so I will agree a hybrid still has merit to me even if he doesn’t so much but having opportunities to create the next horseless, engineless vehicle is just flat out COOL AS F%#?!

Last edited:
I don’t feel you are jumping down my throat my man. I’m 44, and never ran out of gas.

I have faith in Scout, yet while we plan, charging infrastructure is my concern. Even not all that far from where Scout will be built.
Not even looking for chargers, I have came across ones out of service, that can make the planning margins tighter.

So I’m posing perspectives, on what can potentially be SOLUTIONS. I believe if an additional swappable battery, either on the hitch, or where a Scout could store tires (on the back or underneath), that may be a solution that isn’t yet here, but could be engineered and available….certainly by 2026.

I have 3 vehicles, but potentially many customers, a Scout may be their only one, and I am keeping that in mind as some may have less available options near them for rapid charging.

My thought is that the additional battery would not act as a charger, but could ultimately plug in an additional 30 miles range, and kill any concerns when margins get tight due to infrastructure missing, off line, detours, etc.

I want to have a Scout or Rivian in 2026, but there are areas where gas stations are sparse, so a hot swappable extender (not charger for clarity) are what I hope venders and aftermarket are working on so in 2026, Scout can be a viable one car option to a person or couple,.

Reactions: J Alynn