Top Five Accessories For The New Scout

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
My top 5 are primarily storage based but well built, well thought out accessories with great materials and eye catching. As you know I’m not a rock crawler or overlander so I’ll leave those thoughts to the die hards. I prefer a soft top option in the vehicle but if hard top with operable panels ends up being the direction then a simple roof rack that works with Thule and other bike mount systems would be great. Also still adding the interchangeable grills is a MUST. That said here are my 5:
-Door mounted saddle packs
-“dead space” storage at roll bars, between seats, back side of seats, interior ceiling spots and above on roll bars
-in-floor lockable storage if ladder frame and batteries will permit
-tailgating tent similar to photo but better design and color matched to the rig
-along with a possible electric ‘fridge’ in the frunk (which I like) I think a simple, Yeti or top brand cooler with colors to match Scouts would be high take rate option
-interior lighting option at rear cargo to give overhead lighting options so the tailgate can be used as work bench, counter top/fish gutting station for when it gets dark before you are cleaned/fixed up
Well the Yeti idea is out. Just got a Bronco off-rodeo update and sure enough Ford scooped them up. Bummer

Attachments

• Yeti.PNG
    Yeti.PNG
    162.4 KB · Views: 12
1) A nice set of secure, waterproof, pelican cargo boxes that mount onto the vehicle
2) Potable water containers that mount onto the vehicle
3) Multipurpose compressor with value for quickly setting tire pressures
4) Roof rack that works with a removable top
5) An off-grid charging station/garage/carport. This could be sold to farms, ranches, ranger stations etc. The structure would have a solar roof, battery pack, charging station, basic maintenance tools, power washer etc. Scout could contract out the design and/or work with a partner to deliver it. The product might be a pre-fab structure or might just be a set of plans/materials list for a general contractor. Something like this could also be set up at or near certain off road trails. It would be really cool if the manufacturer of an off road electric vehicle provided places where customers could not only charge but also wash down and air up.

1) A nice set of secure, waterproof, pelican cargo boxes that mount onto the vehicle
2) Potable water containers that mount onto the vehicle
3) Multipurpose compressor with value for quickly setting tire pressures
4) Roof rack that works with a removable top
5) An off-grid charging station/garage/carport. This could be sold to farms, ranches, ranger stations etc. The structure would have a solar roof, battery pack, charging station, basic maintenance tools, power washer etc. Scout could contract out the design and/or work with a partner to deliver it. The product might be a pre-fab structure or might just be a set of plans/materials list for a general contractor. Something like this could also be set up at or near certain off road trails. It would be really cool if the manufacturer of an off road electric vehicle provided places where customers could not only charge but also wash down and air up
Post in thread 'Dealerships Are Dying' https://scoutmotors.community.forum/threads/dealerships-are-dying.110/post-1699

Reactions: J Alynn
Hi Scouts!

Our Accessories Team is looking for feedback on your top five accessories you would like to us offer on the new Scouts. This would include factory accessory bumpers, brush guards, interior protection, interior organizers, roof racks, roof tents, etc., etc. Basically things that don't initially come with the car but would be nice to either order special or after you purchase the car to add to it.

I also want to introduce the Scout Community to Bryan Mutchler who is our Director of Accessory Development. I’ll let him do his own introduction and background below.

Chris and I are excited to have some fresh meat in the forum cage. 😁🍺
As an owner of a father/son self-restored 79 scout II in high school, and the son of a dad who was former president of the local Scout club and has owned 9+ Scouts himself, here are my top 5 "accessories" for the new scout:
1 - Although not necessarily an accessory, front and rear lockers are a must.
2 - If the top comes off, interior lockable storage.
3 - Bead-lock capable wheels
4 - In relation to #3, an on-board air-compressor
5 - Although also not an accessory, I enjoy how proud the Ford bronco is to be American-made, with American flags and small design cues littered throughout the interior. This would be very cool to have on the Scout, as this has always been an American-made icon.

Last edited:
A jerry can that holds a small gas generator to add an additional 20 miles of charge.
An air compressor that will air up tires in a reasonable time.
Antenna jacks for additional radio install.
Seat covers in retro styles and colors.

Most folks are posting the usual stuff. I would like to see something else
1: Ultra strong windshield. Flatter upright windshields are much more prone to breakage. Jeep Wrangler has it as an option, and you can also get it from Mopar.
2: 4 wheel steering. It's a no-brainer off road, but also nice when parking at the mall.
3: airbag suspension, also a no-brainer off-road, but my wife would like it if it dropped closer to the ground so she could get into it without a stepstool.

Hi Scouts!

Our Accessories Team is looking for feedback on your top five accessories you would like to us offer on the new Scouts. This would include factory accessory bumpers, brush guards, interior protection, interior organizers, roof racks, roof tents, etc., etc. Basically things that don't initially come with the car but would be nice to either order special or after you purchase the car to add to it.

I also want to introduce the Scout Community to Bryan Mutchler who is our Director of Accessory Development. I’ll let him do his own introduction and background below.

Chris and I are excited to have some fresh meat in the forum cage. 😁🍺
factory Fender Flares for oversized tire options, Factory brush guard/bumper with factory option for winch with matching oversized rear matching bumper, Roof rack with an option for a factory tent, external receptacle, and most importantly - a factory option to customize factory paint and trim to retro styling ;) such as Rallye Gold with a Woodgrain Shadow decal.... haha

Tomorrow's weather forecast reminds me:
1. Snowplow - The Scouts of the first 10 years were fantastic snow plows. Small, agile, and the best plow trucks many of us ever owned.
2. Winch mount points both front and rear.
3. Tow hooks or loops or adequate attachment points for rescue, both front and rear.
4. Support for a sanding unit in the bed of the pickup model.
5. Systems to keep windshield and side windows snow/ice/condensation free in heavy weather - inside and outside: A/C, heat, defrosters, treated glass.
6. True 4WD/AWD to make real winter (deep-snow & ice) driving possible.
7. Heated/self-cleaning radar, optical, proximity sensors which remain active and don't flash warnings when snow, slush, frozen rain, coats them.

1. Absolutely easily removable and durable top and doors.
2. Some of the comments/ suggestions above seems like it will make it more complex. Proximity devices, electric switch between driving conditions, passenger display, integrated 2 way radio, etc. I love my scouts because they are simple. Probably not possible anymore, but if there's an option of simple and mechanical version vs. all electric over mechanical, that would be great.

simple and mechanical version
One bit of news I find encouraging is the Scout CEO, Scott Keogh, said in an interview last week that he believes in "chunky buttons." So while vehicle of today won't be as simple, I'm glad Scout doesn't seem to be aiming for a touch-screen-only cabin. I hope this means there's still a good tactile connection between vehicle and driver.

One bit of news I find encouraging is the Scout CEO, Scott Keogh, said in an interview last week that he believes in "chunky buttons." So while vehicle of today won't be as simple, I'm glad Scout doesn't seem to be aiming for a touch-screen-only cabin. I hope this means there's still a good tactile connection between vehicle and driver.
Chunky buttons sounds good. I sure don't want common controls hidden in the menus of a video screen. But I have a caution. Now that steering wheels have become almost disks in order to enclose the air bag and a multitude of controls they have become very effective is masking a lot of the dash area. Those chunky buttons better not be hiding behind the steering wheel. Buttons also need to be up on the dash closer to the driver's line of sight, and definitely not down where the dash curves under toward the pedals. Those controls that traditionally over in the center area (like heat, AC, and audio) need to have big type labels with highly contrasting ink. The '23 Tundra limited is a good model of how to do button controls in the most frustrating way.

I second the desire for…
Bumpers/guards
Interior protection
Modular storage
Power inverter
… and this last one may be more of a feature than an accessory, but a retractable/removable rear roof panel in the hard top (ala Studebaker Wagonaire) would be a nice feature for hauling tall loads (frig, tree, etc.)

I'd like to see these accessories for "Scout Loadouts"
  1. Battery Armor: Additional protection from rocks and debris
  2. Modular Overlanding Racks: Lockable racks with an innovative fastening system that can accept custom, configurable loadouts, (think MOLLE system)
  3. Dog Kit: In addition to a REAL pet restraint system, offer a compartmentalized pet loadout box that holds food, water, leashes, etc.
  4. Wet/Dry Stowage: Sealed wet box for muddy boots, clothes, dry for electronics and other items to stay dry
  5. Multiband/two-way removeable radio: Shortwave/CB/Weather radio that is rechargeable and removeable for use at basecamp
  6. Bonus: Compartment(s) that lock along with central locking, e.g., when vehicle has top removed, it still has the ability to secure items in one or more compartments lockable via central locking.
Love, love the idea of a dog kit!!

Dear Scout Team:
Accessories/Trim Options:

• Rear step bumper from Discovery: Facilitates easy access to the cargo area and enhances rear-end protection, combining functionality with a sleek and integrated design, appealing to the emotions of practicality and safety.
  • Bumper pushers from Blazer: Provides added protection and style to the vehicle's exterior, enhancing its off-road capabilities while adding a rugged and adventurous aesthetic.
  • Exterior/Interior case from LR Defender: Offers additional storage space for adventure gear and equipment, catering to the needs of outdoor enthusiasts and travelers, appealing to the emotions of exploration and preparedness.
  • Easy Upgrade Speakers: Elevates the driving experience with immersive sound, whether on adventurous journeys or everyday commutes, appealing to the emotions of music lovers and audiophiles alike.
  • Custom graphic additions and rubber mats to protect doors sills: Provide capability to individualize and provide OEM quality and protection
  • Easy clip on/off tire deflectors: Provides versatility and convenience for adapting to different driving conditions, ensuring protection against debris and enhancing the vehicle's off-road capabilities.
  • Rear tire carrier swing away mount if not undermounted. The off road option make access easy and gives more interior space for supplies.
  • Clear coat stone protector matched to vehicle paint: Preserves the vehicle's appearance and resale value, safeguarding against damage from road debris and environmental elements, appealing to the emotions of pride and craftsmanship.
  • Built-in rear trays: Enhances convenience and organization for rear passengers, offering practical storage solutions for small items and personal belongings, catering to the needs of families and travelers.
  • Emergency vehicle options/mounts: Enhances safety and readiness for emergencies, providing essential tools and equipment for various situations, appealing to the emotions of security and peace of mind.

I don't know if this would be better as an accessory or a built in, but let's use the electric battery to our benefit!

Besides having an inverter for AC power (possibly even with 240V?)

Have 1-2 built in, compressor driven coolers, ideally some that can be left on when the car is off as long as the projected state of charge will be high enough. You could have the software calculate that for the driver so that if someone say leaves their house with a 300 mile range, drives 50 miles out to camp, it could run but ensure it warns you and shuts the coolers off before it runs the traction battery down too low to get home. This could be nice for those that always like to keep cold beverages in the car for themselves/kids, but are plugging the truck in at night at home too. The cooler could stay on "continuously" if desired and it would just slightly decrease the range.

Having a way to tap into the power in an elegant way for camp lights, either on the roof or underneath that would be very dimmable so they could create a soft glow when desired.

I also love the other users' suggestions about having a couple of "always charged" flashlights (maybe one in the front and one in the cargo area) so that I never have to worry that I have them ready.

While not everyone would want it, you could make an optional "tailgate package" that could incorporate a TV on the inside of the tailgate to catch the pregame as you tailgate waiting for the game you're there for. Bonus points if it has an HDTV antenna unobtrusively incorporated or along the roof rack so that you can pick up the local channels.

I think this would be an option, as a lot of folks wouldn't care, but some people would love it and it would absolutely set the truck apart for tailgating, camping, going to the beach, etc.

Would also love if there are camp chairs that can really compactly slide into slots in the body/cargo area so you could "always" have them with you having something clogging up the trunk area. My kids play sports and we're forever dragging a couple of camp chairs out of the trunk or loading them in (along with beverages - see above) to go to games/practice, etc. It would be a killer feature to have first aid kit, camp chairs, and a cooler onboard at all times.

Reactions: Harris005
Are you suggesting that SM affiliate with California Closets? A niche for everything that fits nothing else? No, please give us a clean simple truck with good access to systems, and appropriate functional accessories that allows me to adapt it to my needs without having to destroy or modify the integral vehicle.