I think @J Alynn
really did a great job with their list our list has a few similarities...here is mine in my order of importance.
- Apple/android car play
- Multiple cameras that are both good for driving awareness/parking as well as acting as improved for off-roading. (each have different view requirements)
- Sentry mode / gear guard (or whatever the name becomes) that will save a recording of things that happen to the vehicle when it is locked.
- Multiple driver profiles that save all settings (Seat position, side mirror position, Steering wheel position, driving mode preference)
- Over the air updates....or at a minimum wifi enabled updates. I don't want to have to drive into a dealer just so they can plug in a USB into the car.
- 2 wireless phone chargers
- Phone as a Key / good app with proximity lock/unlock
- progressive turning indicators - I cannot recall the technical term but turn signals that have a pattern that isn't just all on then all off...they are all over in Europe and the US only made it legal a few years ago.
- A good voice control - I know voice controls are something that are not easy to engineer in house, might i suggest out-sourcing it and working some kind of deal with google or amazon...the ones who really have it figured out. Rivian has alexa in their vehicles, but at the same time they have a long standing partnership since rivian is making Amazon's electric delivery vans.
- If the vehicle has a 5g connection allow it to be added to a mobile carrier's data plan so i can have a personal hot spot. It is very helpful for long car rides so the kids can use their devices.
I know this is a bit beyond the scope of this question but i wanted to add one more sections to this because the term "expect" means that it absolutely should be included. But there are a few that i don't expect and I would be surprised if they were included.
Things I do NOT expect:
- Autonomous driving capabilities.
- touch screen operated HVAC vents