What Are You Driving Now?

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
I’m a fan of Taco’s but I think you need to crop that out of this Pic. Those beautiful Scouts and airstream would make a fantastic photo 😀
I have that pic also, but my Taco is my daily driver and the BEST truck I have ever owned.

Reactions: J Alynn
2017 Subaru Outback (almost-daily)
2022 Yuba Spicy Curry AT (daily-driver e-cargo bike, whenever possible)
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Plug-In Hybrid AWD (wife’s car)
1974 Scout II XLC

Former vehicles:
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ
1988 Jeep Cherokee XJ
1970 Ford F100 4x4
1971 Scout II (was dad’s from new)
1964 Ford Falcon Sprint

Attachments

• IMG_4236.jpeg
    IMG_4236.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1093.jpeg
    IMG_1093.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8777.jpeg
    IMG_8777.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 7
2022 Yuba Spicy Curry AT (daily-driver e-cargo bike, whenever possible)

Nice! The more people daily driving practical bikes or using transit, the better that driving can become as well.

And if that's your kid in the Scout, I think she's trying to order a coffee before work.

Last edited:
Ok this thread was great to go through.

Daily driver is a Model 3
In process of EV swapping a lovely blue ‘68 IH 1200c truck.

Love this truck! It’s a Campermobile edition, so has some nicer touches in trim and options. Unfortunately it didn’t have a camper on there when we bought it.

So funny thing, we also have a 68 1100c truck as well. It’s a “his and hers” situation! Though I’ve been told that we aren’t allowed to get any more project cars until we finish the ones we started. 🤣

I’m old enough to have owned many cars/trucks over the last 30+ years. My current DD is a 2014 Cadillac ELR, an under appreciated PHEV that I’ve had since new. I really like the ELR and it has sold me on electric, though I still think with current battery tech and infrastructure, a PHEV makes more sense than BEV because the battery doesn’t have to be as big and no trying to find charging stations on the road.
My wife has a 2018 Mazda CX-5 and my daughter has a 2022 Kia Seltos. I like both of those but for the money, the Kia is really nice. It has the best infotainment system I’ve used.
And of course my 1978 Scout Rallye.
Previous vehicles:
2017 FIAT 500e - This was my daughter’s high school car and was great to learn in and was a hoot to drive. A really fun car but less than 100mi range won’t work for most people
2006 Honda S2000 - great car but sold to get my current Scout, got more than I paid after driving it for 11 years!
2006 Honda Pilot
2003 SAAB 9-5 - probably the most comfortable seats in a car I’ve owned. This or the ELR.
2003 Infiniti G35
1971 Ford Bronco - rust free Arizona truck I got after giving up on finding a rust free Scout, wish I had kept this
1973 Opel GT - the beauty of lightness
1998 Honda CR-V
1979 Scout - 345 w/4spd. I really liked the manual but that truck was a rust bucket Florida truck
1965 Scout - was fun until it threw a rod. It still ran on 3 cylinders but traded up to the rusty Scout II
1988 Mazda RX-7 convertible
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo (RIP) - first car I bought, unfortunately, the capabilities of the car exceeded those of the driver
1978 Chevy Monte Carlo - my high school ride

I’m old enough to have owned many cars/trucks over the last 30+ years. My current DD is a 2014 Cadillac ELR, an under appreciated PHEV that I’ve had since new. I really like the ELR and it has sold me on electric, though I still think with current battery tech and infrastructure, a PHEV makes more sense than BEV because the battery doesn’t have to be as big and no trying to find charging stations on the road.
My wife has a 2018 Mazda CX-5 and my daughter has a 2022 Kia Seltos. I like both of those but for the money, the Kia is really nice. It has the best infotainment system I’ve used.
Previous vehicles:
2017 FIAT 500e - This was my daughter’s high school car and was great to learn in and was a hoot to drive. A really fun car but less than 100mi range won’t work for most people
2006 Honda S2000 - great car but sold to get my current Scout, got more than I paid after driving it for 11 years!
2006 Honda Pilot
2003 SAAB 9-5 - probably the most comfortable seats in a car I’ve owned. This or the ELR.
2003 Infiniti G35
1971 Ford Bronco - rust free Arizona truck I got after giving up on finding a rust free Scout, wish I had kept this
1998 Honda CR-V
1979 Scout - 345 w/4spd. I really liked the manual but that truck was a rust bucket Florida truck
1965 Scout - was fun until it threw a rod. It still ran on 3 cylinders but traded up to the rusty Scout II
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo (RIP) - first car I bought, unfortunately, the capabilities of the car exceeded those of the driver
Love some of your vehicles. Great mix of drivers

Reactions: BinderGal
Previous vehicles:
2006 Honda Pilot
2003 Infiniti G35
1998 Honda CR-V
Love this!

Question, how often do you plug in the Cadillac? I’ve heard that folks sometimes will not charge such vehicles consistently, which limits the vehicle’s full potential.

I have a BEV, so it’s all or nothing. We haven’t had an issue in the years driving the Tesla, but once I saw one needing to be literally pushed into the charging stall because the drivers didn’t time it right and ran out of juice. Makes me a bit risk adverse when it comes to charging! All that said, I like the idea of the plug in hybrids and am glad I have heard your thoughts on the ELR.

Reactions: J Alynn
I plug it in every time I come home. I just use 110v at my current house so it takes a while. When I lived in CA, I used 220v which only took ~4.5 hours because electricity was cheapest from midnight to 6 am so the car was set to only charge then. The “cheap” electricity in CA was still 50% more expensive than the all the time price in TX.

Reactions: BinderGal
Thanks! I’m lucky that my wife gets the practical cars and I get to have more fun ones.
Same for me. Mine is in finance so practical is her middle name. That said she has a loaded Acura MDX with black rims, rack,etc…. It’s practical but she did have fun ordering some bells and whistles on it.
Still want to own an S2000. If this Scout doesn’t wow me I think I’ll go the s2000 route for a fun lifestyle vehicle 😀

The S2000 is an awesome car but they're priced as collector cars now (the nice ones). A lot of S2ks were rode hard and/or have stupid modifications so the pool of clean, stock examples is small and expensive. Mine was one of those so I took the money. You can buy a new Miata for what a clean S2k costs, or a newer model used Boxter, ZX-4 or SLK.
Scouts are priced like collector vehicles too but there's not really a modern equivalent. I looked at getting a new Bronco but even if you could get one at MSRP it's still a 50-60k truck. I reasoned that the Scout will probably never be worth less than I put in but a Bronco will depreciate once they make a few hundred thousand of them and I'd rather have the Scout anyway.

The S2000 is an awesome car but they're priced as collector cars now (the nice ones). A lot of S2ks were rode hard and/or have stupid modifications so the pool of clean, stock examples is small and expensive. Mine was one of those so I took the money. You can buy a new Miata for what a clean S2k costs, or a newer model used Boxter, ZX-4 or SLK.
Scouts are priced like collector vehicles too but there's not really a modern equivalent. I looked at getting a new Bronco but even if you could get one at MSRP it's still a 50-60k truck. I reasoned that the Scout will probably never be worth less than I put in but a Bronco will depreciate once they make a few hundred thousand of them and I'd rather have the Scout anyway.
Agree completely

Daily driver is a 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV. Just bought this one in March of this year. Love the gas savings with today's crazy prices.

Second vehicle is my previous and always reliable 2015 Toyota Highlander Platinum. Mostly stays in the garage now, but so great to have when I need to transport several people, larger cargo, go to a beach or go on a road trip. So I kept it:)

Daily driver is a 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV. Just bought this one in March of this year. Love the gas savings with today's crazy prices.

Second vehicle is my previous and always reliable 2015 Toyota Highlander Platinum. Mostly stays in the garage now, but so great to have when I need to transport several people, larger cargo, go to a beach or go on a road trip. So I kept it:)
Had same Highlander in gray. Was my first Toyota and loved it. Even more than my wife’s Acura MDX

Reactions: BinderGal and Geno