What Are You Driving Now?

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
So… I’m currently in a Tesla model 3. But, I just cannot deal with Elon’s crap anymore. I’m going to keep politics out of this, but he was the final straw. There are a lot of little things that annoyed me about the Model 3. But, now they all are spotlighted every time I get in the car. I test drove a BMW i4 and iX. The iX blew me away. I ordered it and it should be here in 6-8 weeks. I’ll update after I get it and some seat time. Hopefully it I will hold me over until the Scout arrives. Don’t screw this up Scout Motors! It should be noted that I looked seriously at a Rivian R1S. The reasons I didn’t get it are that I’m not 100% sure they are going to survive and gift $100k that’s not a bet I’ll place. The other reason is my wife hates the front end.

I have yet to own or drive an EV. I'm curious what things annoy you? ....in an effort to avoid them if possible.
Door handles or lack there of.
No manual release for glovebox
Climate and vents controls are all on the screen.
No surround camera
No side warning
No ventilated seats
Very hard to get into neutral for car wash.
I have yet to own or drive an EV. I'm curious what things annoy you? ....in an effort to avoid them if possible.
terrible door handles
No manual way to open glove box.
No manual way to adjust the vents.
Climate control is cumbersome
No CarPlay
No ventilated seats
No massage seats
Difficult to put in neutral (important for car wash).
Basic Auto pilot won’t do lane change or return to auto pilot after turn signal is engaged

No surround camera
No side warning
No ventilated seats

terrible door handles
No CarPlay
No ventilated seats
No massage seats
Basic Auto pilot won’t do lane change or return to auto pilot after turn signal is engaged
Interesting to hear some of these! Hard to get into neutral for car wash is definately some good insight. No CarPlay and an automated glovebox suprised me as well.

No surround camera
No side warning
No ventilated seats

terrible door handles
No CarPlay
No ventilated seats
No massage seats
Whoa I didn't know about some of this...

No CarPlay??

Currently putting four on the road.
2017 vw sportwagen
2006 dodge 4x4 diesel 2500
2001 Mazda miata
1971 Datsun 510 2 door “tricked”
Looking forward to seeing how vw handles something so different as the Scout as it relates to the eclectic group of vehicles represented on these pages.

I’ve had a BMW iX for about a week now. BMW would not even trade my 2022 Tesla Model 3. They were too concerned about it rapidly losing value. I can’t blame them. I sold it at car max.
The iX is amazing. I know it is not a competitor to what scout will be. But, I want to share some things I like and are different from Tesla.
Pros
-The curved one piece screen is great. It is very configurable. It is rectangular like everything in a Scout II dash which got me thinking. It would be something to look at Scout team! Although I would integrate it into the dash in the Scout instead of floating like in the BMW.
-Climate control is all on the screen. But, there is a permanent haptic “button” on the screen for climate.
-I drive 8 is the current BNW system and it’s a good solution. It has a few manual buttons to control menus on the screen. You can also just touch the screen or use voice command.
-Manual control of the vent directions. Thank you!
-Glove box opens with an actual button! Thanks again!
- Air suspension is very comfortable.
-Agility and handling are great. It has 4 wheel steering. Not crazy crab walk like the Hummer though.
-About 320 miles range with 22” wheels.
-very comfortable and quiet
-iconic sounds are actually very cool in my opinion and can be turned off
-variable regenerative braking
-touch less tailgate open and close

Cons
-rear windows do not go all the way down
-no frunk
-smallish cargo area for a vehicle that size
-no OEM hitch (yet)
-button instead of handle to open the doors.
-the price of two Scouts…hopefully🙂

What is in the space in what would normally be the FRUNK area?
The picture is not from my actual car because it takes two people to open the hood. BMW did not intend for anyone other than service to open it. But, there are two release cables on each side of the dash. Lord knows what all this stuff is…
1675700079015.jpeg