What Are You Driving Now?

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Hi!

I'm new here, but I thought this might be the best place to introduce myself to the community. I'm a lifetime car enthusiast and my fleet tends to change from year-to-year. Here's a list of my current fleet from newest to oldest:
  • 2020 Dodge Challenger ScatPack (auto)
  • 2012 Fiat 500 Sport (5-speed)
  • 1983 Dodge Ramcharger 4WD (318/auto)
  • 1966 GMC 1000 (305 V6/3-speed "on-the-tree")
  • 1929 Ford Model A "TROG" race car built and owned by my club brothers and I (324 Olds V8/1950 Mercury 3-speed)
  • 1919 Dodge Brothers Roadster (currently just the body, but I'm putting the BOM together over the next year for a traditional hot rod)
One or more of the vehicles on the above list will likely change again by next summer.

• Love
Reactions: JohnBills
Hi!

I'm new here, but I thought this might be the best place to introduce myself to the community. I'm a lifetime car enthusiast and my fleet tends to change from year-to-year. Here's a list of my current fleet from newest to oldest:
  • 1929 Ford Model A "TROG" race car built and owned by my club brothers and I (324 Olds V8/1950 Mercury 3-speed)
  • 1919 Dodge Brothers Roadster (currently just the body, but I'm putting the BOM together over the next year for a traditional hot rod)
One or more of the vehicles on the above list will likely change again by next summer.
Wow! This is quite the collection! Welcome to the Scout Community.

Reactions: autojunkie
Hi!

Awesome lineup. Love the classic 4x4s in this line-up (83 Ramcharger and 66 GMC). Curious what the thought process is behind changing year-to-year? Do you add or replace as you go? The reason I ask, I would typically have one vehicle and then trade it in and then replace it (ultimately coming out as a loss b/c of depreciation value). Within the last few years, my mindset has shifted to not trade-in or sell and keep the vehicle and then purchase another in ~5 years. I'm slowly adding to the collection and hopefully by retirement I'll have about 6-7 to choose from.

Awesome lineup. Love the classic 4x4s in this line-up (83 Ramcharger and 66 GMC). Curious what the thought process is behind changing year-to-year? Do you add or replace as you go? The reason I ask, I would typically have one vehicle and then trade it in and then replace it (ultimately coming out as a loss b/c of depreciation value). Within the last few years, my mindset has shifted to not trade-in or sell and keep the vehicle and then purchase another in ~5 years. I'm slowly adding to the collection and hopefully by retirement I'll have about 6-7 to choose from.
Thanks!
It's always different for me, but the ScatPack is a keeper for me. I get a deal on Mopar stuff because my dad is a retiree here in the Detroit area. I got this one specifically to pay off and keep. The Fiat is my wife's car and the rest are all toys. However, most of my decisions come down to available space LOL. I may move on from the Ramcharger to make room for a reliable daily that my wife, son, and I can all share while I wait for the Scouts to arrive.

1000000378.jpg1000000376.jpg

2022 polestar 2 and my 2005 Gx470 that was my off-road vehicle. Someone pulled out on Thanksgiving and hit us and totaled the GX. So probably going to buy a truck and trade the polestar in on a new scout (depending on pricing)

2016 Chevy Colorado Z71
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
1979 International Scout II

Happy with your Nissan? Had several over my earlier years and loved them-especially my 99.5 pathfinder. Really like the look of the new frontier and pathfinder even though it got a bit bloated and upscale in feel
Love it so far. Just crossed 20k miles and have had no issues with it. I love that it has actual power steering instead of electronic assisted and kept the interior fairly basic. Only downside so far is the tailgate leaks despite the tonneau in Florida storms so I recently installed a Decked system for better gear weatherproofing.

Time will tell with the overall longevity but my goal is to drive it into the ground over the next 10+ years

Reactions: J Alynn
2015 VW Passat TDI. 66k miles. Stock. Definitely looking forward to getting one of the first scouts. I don’t know if I’ll ever get rid of my diesel though.

Attachments

• IMG_2407.jpeg
    IMG_2407.jpeg
    472.3 KB · Views: 0