What Are You Driving Now?

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
That's great to hear. We have a 16RD we tow with the JLUR and I'm always worried our wheelbase is too short and it'll get squirrely. So far so good, but I'd be worried about anything more than like 19 with the wheelbase.
Now (especially the last three years or so) we are seeing shorter, smaller, and even front drive TV’s. Improvements in weight reduction in the trailers really opens up more possibilities. Also a good sound WD hitch and away control probably doesn’t hurt (we have towed with and without and like the ride better with).

With the smaller and shorter wheel bases out there towing, we are not noticed as much at campgrounds now-especially since the V8 has a set of MagnaFlow mufflers that state very clearly “V8 here”).

That brings me to a sort of sad point that I don’t want to live in an era without V8s in the world–possibly the best sounding motor (I love a good exhaust on a VR6 too). Sure you could make an EV sound like “Dukes of Hazzard” if you want with a speaker and software (I guess some sound is required by feds?), but a simulated V8 sound just seems…dorky I guess?

My daily is a 2019 Ram 2500. My wife's is a 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.

Our sporty and fun car is a 2011 Hyundai Genesis coupe. It's far more fun than most people would think. 2 liter turbo, six speed, rear wheel drive and nimble.

I have two project scout 80's as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20210804_235430_595.jpg
    IMG_20210804_235430_595.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210612_150514_626.jpg
    IMG_20210612_150514_626.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 4
Bronco Sport
Tesla Model 3
Would love to have a vehicle that could combine both. Small suv for adventure with an electric drive train that would not leave you flat broke…lol. Rivian is too rich for me.

Reactions: PapaTire
2017 Tacoma, 71 Scout 800, 23 Bronco Heritage on order

Goal is to purchase a recreational vehicle every five years that includes:
Mid 80's Toyota Landcruiser Fj62
Mid 70"s Fj40
First Gen Bronco
Early 90's Defender
Scout II

Attachments

• 20230714_190602.jpg
    20230714_190602.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20220831-072514_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220831-072514_Facebook.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220103_142007.jpg
    20220103_142007.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: PapaTire
from newest to oldest...
View attachment 247
2015 Sprinter Crew

View attachment 248
2003 F-150 XL

View attachment 252
2000 S2000

View attachment 253
1987 Prelude

and the wife's ride:
View attachment 254
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks

The F150 and Prelude will be sold off once the Maverick XLT Hybrid I have on order arrives sometime next year (fingers crossed).
Love your Hondas especially the s2000. That’s another vehicle that needs brought back-wonder if the rumors will come true and the will bring that back as an EV

Reactions: greenlaker
Thanks! The S2k has 29k miles on it. Still amazes me that it's over 20 years old at this point.
I had a 2003 until 2009, it started life as a street car then ended up a full caged, gutted supercharged track beast. It is probably the only car I wish I would have kept stock and held on to.

Currently, nothing. My '95 Crown Victoria died last year, the '03 Sable wagon I replaced it with now needs a heater core, and I got T-boned on my way to work this morning in my wife's '14 Fusion.

• Sad
Reactions: IdahoJOAT and J_P