Top Five Accessories For The New Scout

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
I like a lot of these ideas. A winch and a softop option are really important. I also like the idea of a camp package for the SUV. This could be an improvement/evolution from the old school tents that snapped on the back and extend it out so you can sleep 2 behind the front seats.

I'd also like a decent inverter with plug in. Let me use the vehicle battery for 120V AC accessories.

Consider an option to add vehicle to vehicle radio, either FMRS or similar.

Very excited to see what the Scout team does!

I always thought it was cool the first gen CRVs had a picnic table, so something like that would be a cool option. I've found that always is something that takes up a decent amount of space when packing.

I love the other suggestion of the split tailgate/liftgate. That was one of the best mods I did to my traveler, and it would be cool to see that in the future.

Someone brought up the questions about the difference between "options" and "accessories" earlier. I am going to try to stick purely to accessories....
1. roof rack(s)
2. cargo mats
3. modular, lockable storage options for when the top is off
4. air compressor
5. hi-lift jack (maybe one customized for Scout)

Last edited:
Heat pump for heating and cooling. Rubber mats or Marine carpeting. 35" diameter tire size. Coil springs all four corners. Removable top and doors.
Canadian here, heat pump should come standard and not need to be an option.

I plan on using mine mostly for camping so what I'd like to see in no particular order is:
- vehicle to load adapter (or better yet, just have that built in)
- a powered cooler that integrates into a nook (front trunk? a cubby in the reat trunk?) of the vehicle and is big enough to hold a couple racks of pork ribs and beer.
- cross bars for the roof rails (I say copy the FCA thing and integrate/hide them in the roof rails.
- an air compressor
- cargo netting to keep stuff in place
- shackles for towing

My top 5 are primarily storage based but well built, well thought out accessories with great materials and eye catching. As you know I’m not a rock crawler or overlander so I’ll leave those thoughts to the die hards. I prefer a soft top option in the vehicle but if hard top with operable panels ends up being the direction then a simple roof rack that works with Thule and other bike mount systems would be great. Also still adding the interchangeable grills is a MUST. That said here are my 5:
-Door mounted saddle packs
-“dead space” storage at roll bars, between seats, back side of seats, interior ceiling spots and above on roll bars
-in-floor lockable storage if ladder frame and batteries will permit
-tailgating tent similar to photo but better design and color matched to the rig
-along with a possible electric ‘fridge’ in the frunk (which I like) I think a simple, Yeti or top brand cooler with colors to match Scouts would be high take rate option
-interior lighting option at rear cargo to give overhead lighting options so the tailgate can be used as work bench, counter top/fish gutting station for when it gets dark before you are cleaned/fixed up

Attachments

• Scout storage 7.PNG
    Scout storage 7.PNG
    183.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Scout storage 5.PNG
    Scout storage 5.PNG
    201.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Scout storage 4.PNG
    Scout storage 4.PNG
    178.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Scout storage 2.PNG
    Scout storage 2.PNG
    163.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Scout storage 8.PNG
    Scout storage 8.PNG
    171.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Scout storage 3.PNG
    Scout storage 3.PNG
    144.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Scout storage 6.PNG
    Scout storage 6.PNG
    167.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Scout sto.PNG
    Scout sto.PNG
    115.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Scout cooler.PNG
    Scout cooler.PNG
    140.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Scout storage 1.PNG
    Scout storage 1.PNG
    132.3 KB · Views: 3
As a 2 door JL wrangler owner and content creator id appreciate a vinyl floor, a soft top, storage for electronics and charging ports and outlets like those un your house so I can charge my electronics on the go.

1. A gear bag collaboration with another American staple like Mystery Ranch, Everygoods, or similar.
2. Expandable storage options for toting gear and people. Stowable racks.
3. Custom, well-fitted seat covers for dirty, wet, sweaty activities.
4. Stowable camp chairs for watching sports games, hanging out with friends, campfires, etc.
5. Exposed hardware and available 3D files for mating surfaces to allow users and community customization (grab handles, mounting points, cover plates, and more)

These suggestions are great!
1. Water storage option for potable/non-potable usage
2. Putting an actual lighter option would be great for those campers who may need a fire source in a pinch/built in strikers
3. A kitchenette option
4. Outer lighting/removable lighting source
5. Non-electric window option

My top 5 are primarily storage based but well built, well thought out accessories with great materials and eye catching. As you know I’m not a rock crawler or overlander so I’ll leave those thoughts to the die hards. I prefer a soft top option in the vehicle but if hard top with operable panels ends up being the direction then a simple roof rack that works with Thule and other bike mount systems would be great. Also still adding the interchangeable grills is a MUST. That said here are my 5:
-Door mounted saddle packs
-“dead space” storage at roll bars, between seats, back side of seats, interior ceiling spots and above on roll bars
-in-floor lockable storage if ladder frame and batteries will permit
-tailgating tent similar to photo but better design and color matched to the rig
-along with a possible electric ‘fridge’ in the frunk (which I like) I think a simple, Yeti or top brand cooler with colors to match Scouts would be high take rate option
-interior lighting option at rear cargo to give overhead lighting options so the tailgate can be used as work bench, counter top/fish gutting station for when it gets dark before you are cleaned/fixed up
Would caution the use of the netting shown in your "Scout Storage 5" attachment. My daughters Jeep has that at the console and the doors. They are all stretched out and almost unuseable (doors sometimes wont close when items are causing them to sag downward). Not to mention they just look bad when they start to stretch out.

Quick picture I found on the internet.
maxresdefault.jpg

Would caution the use of the netting shown in your "Scout Storage 5" attachment. My daughters Jeep has that at the console and the doors. They are all stretched out and almost unuseable (doors sometimes wont close when items are causing them to sag downward). Not to mention they just look bad when they start to stretch out.

Quick picture I found on the internet.
maxresdefault.jpg
Yeah-that looks rough. Funny you mentioned it because it was my least favorite idea. I liked the solid packs but thought capitalizing on space between front seats was a good space to pick up storage. Maybe something using poly-like straps like the roof image would be better.

Accessories:
  • Integrated coolers. A small in-cabin one (center console?) for on-the-road access, and a large frunk one.
  • Cargo/tailgate lighting, including at least one on a goosneck that can be pointed around outside. Dimmable and color temp adjustable.
  • Mattress for road-trip in-car camping (emergency or otherwise).
  • Winch
  • And from the "crazy and not even possible" department: An electric "PTO" that will allow me to clamp a PTO chipper onto the back.
Built-in/options:
  • An excellent HEPA air filter good for smokey environments
  • V2L. 120V standard. 240V option.
  • Air compressor.
  • Solar panels. Aero. Good for driving with minimal range loss due to increased drag coefficient.
  • Towing
Packages:
  • On-road package: road-optimized suspension (active, air), acoustic glass, etc
  • Off-road packages

Some of the drivers for people to purchase vehicles like Wrangler and Broncos is the feeling of being able to go on any adventure, customization, and the vehicle invokes an emotional response within themselves.
1. Tailgate - (SUV and Truck) Bring people back to tailgating at games, cookouts, and also provide a work space. Also just keep the heritage there.
2. Design with the idea people will modify it. Like have the suspension done to be easy to be lifted, easy to add a roof rack or tent, bumpers, racks, lights, any personable detail to make the vehicle an expression of their personality.
3. Built in driver modes with customization. Items like Ampd pedal commander, or superchips integrated so people can adjust the exact profile of the torque (positive or negative) they want for baja, rock crawling, or daily driving. This should be on brakes, steering, throttle, and suspension if there is active suspension.
4. Keep safety high on the list (front and rear) so us Dad's can convince the wives we can use it for a family vehicle. Fit a car seat behind the driver comfortably!
5. Open storage for the front seats. Give them room to have cups, take their wallet, phone, and keys out of their pockets without having to open something to get it all there. As much storage as possible!
6. Give it the ability to slowly charge while being towed behind campers so when people get to their stop campground, battery is always full.

Isorynamic seats like the new Toyota seats.

Factory 37” tire options

Removable hard top lift

solar panel roof kit

Off road steel bumpers
Funny you mention Toyota's isodynamic seats. I saw those for the first time the other day and thought they not only looked bad ass, but they also seem to have an impressive function....especially for those trail adventures. I've mentioned in the past that it would be nice for Scout Motors to make some of the new Scout parts interchangeable with harder to find Scout II parts . The new seats being able to bolt into a Scout II would be another one of those (not particularly hard to find, but something a lot of Scout II owners customize). Imagine something similar to these Toyota seats, but with the Scout logo, bolting right in to our Scout II's 🥳

Three points after watching that video:
  1. It appears you have to get out of the vehicle, go to the back seat area to make adjustments. Maybe these adjustments are something that can be incorporatedinto the touch screen. It looks to have a "highway" and "trail" switch, which would be nice if it just switched between the two when you select your driving modes.
  2. Saw the valve steams to adjust the air. Another reason to have an available air compressor accessory ;)
  3. Seeing the red vs the black seats really made the seat itself pop. However, the amount of red might be too much. Maybe look at accenting the back hardware, Scout logo, and some of the plastic and/or controls with the exterior color instead. Being able to order the basic black, gray, tan seats for our Scout II's, and then ordering these accent pieces in different colors to better match (customize) our older Scouts would be pretty cool!

Funny you mention Toyota's isodynamic seats. I saw those for the first time the other day and thought they not only looked bad ass, but they also seem to have an impressive function....especially for those trail adventures. I've mentioned in the past that it would be nice for Scout Motors to make some of the new Scout parts interchangeable with harder to find Scout II parts . The new seats being able to bolt into a Scout II would be another one of those (not particularly hard to find, but something a lot of Scout II owners customize). Imagine something similar to these Toyota seats, but with the Scout logo, bolting right in to our Scout II's 🥳

Three points after watching that video:
  1. It appears you have to get out of the vehicle, go to the back seat area to make adjustments. Maybe these adjustments are something that can be incorporatedinto the touch screen. It looks to have a "highway" and "trail" switch, which would be nice if it just switched between the two when you select your driving modes.
  2. Saw the valve steams to adjust the air. Another reason to have an available air compressor accessory ;)
  3. Seeing the red vs the black seats really made the seat itself pop. However, the amount of red might be too much. Maybe look at accenting the back hardware, Scout logo, and some of the plastic and/or controls with the exterior color instead. Being able to order the basic black, gray, tan seats for our Scout II's, and then ordering these accent pieces in different colors to better match (customize) our older Scouts would be pretty cool!
Don’t forget saddle brown 😀

Reactions: Bodie