Daily Driver Comforts

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

Harris005

Scout Community Veteran
1st Year Member
Nov 15, 2022
Oak Grove, MO.
There are a few things that we've all come to love in our everyday drivers. Thought a post highlighting them might be a useful checklist for the design table. ....and yes a few might be hard to admit 😒

Reactions: JohnBills
Quick heating would be great especially at foot level. The sliding floor heater “trap” door in the Scouts was always great. Instant heat coming off the V8 engine. Wonder if there’s a way to pull heat off the battery packs and funnel it with the “trap” door like the originals. Without an ICE the firewall wouldn’t be necessary or not as vigorous so maybe there is a way and then it could be an Easter egg of sorts.

Wireless Android Auto.
Game. Changer.

Also, HVAC Auto setting that actually gets an accurate reading from within the vehicle and adjusts.

An accurate rear/front camera with lines that show where the tires are going.

Quick heating would be great especially at foot level. The sliding floor heater “trap” door in the Scouts was always great. Instant heat coming off the V8 engine. Wonder if there’s a way to pull heat off the battery packs and funnel it with the “trap” door like the originals. Without an ICE the firewall wouldn’t be necessary or not as vigorous so maybe there is a way and then it could be an Easter egg of sorts.

BEV cars by nature are far quicker to start the heating process as they don't require engine warm up. 🍻

BEV cars by nature are far quicker to start the heating process as they don't require engine warm up. 🍻
Great to know. I have a 20 minute commute so usually my feet finally get heat about the time I pull in my parking lot. PA might not be the coldest state but cold enough to say I hate cold feet. And hands-should definitely have a stand alone heated steering wheel. I don’t want a $1600 package of things I don’t need just to get a heated steering wheel-thanks

Saab's night panel button. Pushing one button dims just about everything except for the speedometer.
saab-9-5-night-panel.gif

With the way screens are taking over everything, a simple physical button to turn off all the brightness and unwanted distraction would make night driving so much better.

Saab's night panel button. Pushing one button dims just about everything except for the speedometer.
saab-9-5-night-panel.gif

With the way screens are taking over everything, a simple physical button to turn off all the brightness and unwanted distraction would make night driving so much better.
The Tesla screen auto adjusts to a night screen. It’s not intrusive or distracting at night. I’m sure Scout can do something like that.

The Tesla screen auto adjusts to a night screen. It’s not intrusive or distracting at night. I’m sure Scout can do something like that.
Perhaps, but the beauty of the Saab's option was that the screen was completely off.
I suppose if everything is controlled through a screen, you can't turn it completely off. One more argument for physical controls IMHO.

Perhaps, but the beauty of the Saab's option was that the screen was completely off.
I suppose if everything is controlled through a screen, you can't turn it completely off. One more argument for physical controls IMHO.
Saab also always has SO many buttons. That said I nearly pulled the trigger twice over the years for an Aero. They were cool cars, just too rich for my blood at the time

Reactions: Jamie@ScoutMotors
I should add that I think a few more physical controls would be fine with me. I’m just stating the screen is pretty adaptive kind of like the iPhone automatically adjusts on the newer versions. I hear quite a bit of complaints about Tesla’s lack of buttons. But, their voice control can do most anything you want. No need to look at the screen or for a button. For manufacturers it’s a lower cost to put functions on the screen instead of making dedicated button and wires. I completely understand the Scout is not a Tesla. Maybe we collectively need to start thinking and suggesting what we want physical buttons for and what can acceptably be controlled in the screen. And don’t forget a good voice control is awesome!

Great to know. I have a 20 minute commute so usually my feet finally get heat about the time I pull in my parking lot. PA might not be the coldest state but cold enough to say I hate cold feet. And hands-should definitely have a stand alone heated steering wheel. I don’t want a $1600 package of things I don’t need just to get a heated steering wheel-thanks
Second the heated steering wheel. Never knew that was something I wanted until I had it on my current truck. Pretty nice on those cold days!

No key. I like the button on the door handle that unlocks the vehicle is you have the fob in your pocket. Hit the button once; it unlocks driver door. Hit it twice and all doors are unlocked.
A step further....is the technology there to do away with the fob (less things to carry in your pocket) and use your smart phone to unlock and start car (phone stays in your pocket)? When it's within range, functions work just like they did with the fobs. Maybe recognizing who's phone it is could operate the preset interior settings (mentioned above with the driver 1 and 2 buttons)? Might need a hidden (gas cap door??) numerical combo allowing doors to unlock if phone happened to be dead.

Something that doesn't work very well in our current car is the ability for the passenger to talk in a phone call. Sure this is technology that is canceling out background noise. But very annoying when the driver has to repeat everything the passenger is saying for the person on the other end of the line to hear it. Could the seat switch that recognizes a passenger is in the seat maybe turn off the noise canceling function? Might also need a passenger side mic??

Something that doesn't work very well in our current car is the ability for the passenger to talk in a phone call. Sure this is technology that is canceling out background noise. But very annoying when the driver has to repeat everything the passenger is saying for the person on the other end of the line to hear it. Could the seat switch that recognizes a passenger is in the seat maybe turn off the noise canceling function? Might also need a passenger side mic??
Maybe it’s simply adding a multi-directional mic more centered so both voices would be picked up easier?

This thread makes it clear how wide the range of potential buyers is. We have those that saying it must be simple and able to tackle notable off-road trails while also here we debate interior noise cancelling capabilities. lol. Trying to do all of these things is how we end up with ridiculous vehicles like the Hummer. If the Scout goes anything like the Hummer in ridiculousness, I am out.

In any car I just want good seats that are comfortable to sit in. For me, to be comfortable they don't need massaging or 15 way power adjustments.

Reactions: speedrye