Daily Driver Comforts

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Heated and cooling seats in both front and middle section. We love the cooling in the summer and heat in the winter. First thing turned on when getting in the car. Also 360view cameras. The front camera is a game changer that comes on when going at slow speeds so you can see where you are parking and other obstacles to navigate around. Purposeful Massage seats are a game changer for people that have long commutes. My wife loves them as she is on the road constantly. Add the heating in there as well and it’s game over. I say purposeful because a lot of brands are getting massage seats, but they aren’t all good. Doing it right is the key - fine line between enjoyable and annoying.

Oh please, we are here trying to bring back a vehicle with the essence of the Scout. Scout Motors promised to hit a low price point with a practical car/truck. I have been driving 70 years without 16 cameras showing me everything within 10 feet. Somehow I have managed to park without watching a TV screen. I admit those displays are a marvel at stitching together multiple images with minimal distortion, but somewhere back in the 50s my Dad told me it is my responsibility to know the boundaries of my car, albeit some manufacturers are making that darn difficult. I still feel it is my duty when I go out to drive. I'd rather have a seat I can clean without getting electrocuted when it gets muddy, and it should be firm enough to support a back that's had four spine operations. Sorry, since my first Scout they have been essential work vehicles for my work and helping around the house. Plain simple, and nice enough that they don't embarrass you on social occasions. We have the automotive luxuries in our car and even our pickup, they are for different purposes.

How about heated driver floor board? Pair this with heated seat and steering wheel. Believe it or not general cabin heat is wasteful way of heating and take significate amount of range away.

User memory that actually remembers more than just 3/4 of where my seat goes and a couple radio stations. Also tie it to the key/FOB/phone. VWoA did something silly where memory settings would switch between keys depending on who used what settings last. Maybe also take from BMW where all service history can be called up from FOB.

Jason

How about heated driver floor board? Pair this with heated seat and steering wheel. Believe it or not general cabin heat is wasteful way of heating and take significate amount of range away.

User memory that actually remembers more than just 3/4 of where my seat goes and a couple radio stations. Also tie it to the key/FOB/phone. VWoA did something silly where memory settings would switch between keys depending on who used what settings last. Maybe also take from BMW where all service history can be called up from FOB.

Jason
Heated floorboards would be great.

Jason
I hadn't thought of heated footwells, but my experience having a garage with radiant heat in the concrete floor says radiant heat just might work... it's not fast, though. I do have the continuing concern that the EV Scout (like so many North American vehicles) will be designed by people living in much warmer places than those of us in states and provinces along the 49th parallel (extended), thus will miss many of the practical considerations of life here. Makes me kinda glad to see that South Carolina is getting a dose of our upstate NY weather this week (although without the lake effect snows). And my point is radiant heating is fine, but you still need to blast hot air at the windows to defog the insides and de-ice the outsides. The many experiments with heated windshields have been uniformly short-lived.

I hadn't thought of heated footwells, but my experience having a garage with radiant heat in the concrete floor says radiant heat just might work... it's not fast, though. I do have the continuing concern that the EV Scout (like so many North American vehicles) will be designed by people living in much warmer places than those of us in states and provinces along the 49th parallel (extended), thus will miss many of the practical considerations of life here. Makes me kinda glad to see that South Carolina is getting a dose of our upstate NY weather this week (although without the lake effect snows). And my point is radiant heating is fine, but you still need to blast hot air at the windows to defog the insides and de-ice the outsides. The many experiments with heated windshields have been uniformly short-lived.
VW ID 4 with AWD has electrically heated windshield, IE: does NOT blow on hot air on the glass.

Heated footwell could be either direct heating of a section or area of the floor board, or possibly directed heat at feet (hot air or radiant?) vs forced air for entire compartment. Remember - just spit balling ideas at this this point.

Jason

VW ID 4 with AWD has electrically heated windshield, IE: does NOT blow on hot air on the glass.

Heated footwell could be either direct heating of a section or area of the floor board, or possibly directed heat at feet (hot air or radiant?) vs forced air for entire compartment. Remember - just spit balling ideas at this this point.

Jason

All ID4's have a blower defroster. The AWD ID4 also has a special heated windshield that is really effective at melting ice on the outside of the windshield.

Heated and cooled seats
Remote Start
Wireless Charging
Wireless Apple Car Play
Speedometer/ instruments behind the steering wheel (the new EV volvo has everything in the center)
Heated Side Mirrors

Too late to bring up wing windows? Kidding of course but would be a heck of a call back to the old Scouts and trucks in general!

Random thing I look for with respects to driver comfort: 1) either console-side arm rests or a tall enough center console tall enough to use as one 2) decent bolstering (my girlfriend's bronco sports lacks both of these) and 3) Adjustable lumbar support

Also, Automatic wipers! My old lexus GX had them in 2008 but my '22 Frontier doesn't.

Dimmable side mirrors would be nice with the advent of LED headlights. Though this might just be an issue in Miami because I'm convinced 90% of drivers leave their brights on here.

Manual buttons/knobs for volume adjustment and climate control.

Too late to bring up wing windows? Kidding of course but would be a heck of a call back to the old Scouts and trucks in general!

Random thing I look for with respects to driver comfort: 1) either console-side arm rests or a tall enough center console tall enough to use as one 2) decent bolstering (my girlfriend's bronco sports lacks both of these) and 3) Adjustable lumbar support

Also, Automatic wipers! My old lexus GX had them in 2008 but my '22 Frontier doesn't.

Dimmable side mirrors would be nice with the advent of LED headlights. Though this might just be an issue in Miami because I'm convinced 90% of drivers leave their brights on here.

Manual buttons/knobs for volume adjustment and climate control.
Put a shout out awhile ago for the wing windows as well. I think it could still be done this day and age and would be a great throw back design element

A step further....is the technology there to do away with the fob (less things to carry in your pocket) and use your smart phone to unlock and start car (phone stays in your pocket)? When it's within range, functions work just like they did with the fobs. Maybe recognizing who's phone it is could operate the preset interior settings (mentioned above with the driver 1 and 2 buttons)? Might need a hidden (gas cap door??) numerical combo allowing doors to unlock if phone happened to be dead.
My Genesis GV60 has a digital key on my iPhone. I love it...or I did until it stopped working and I haven't figured out why yet. But no fob and just the phone is such a nice way to live!

Reactions: LastDayScout
My Genesis GV60 has a digital key on my iPhone. I love it...or I did until it stopped working and I haven't figured out why yet. But no fob and just the phone is such a nice way to live!
I agree, but am cautious of this. We purchased a new door lock for our front door that is suppose to recognize your phone when you approach and unlock. Problem is half the time it didn't work. The family got frustrated with it, so we eventually got rid of it and installed a push button combo style that works every time. We both would love to see an option like this work, but the fact that yours stopped working as well drives home the point of it being unreliable and frustrating. Personally I still like the idea of the reliable proximity fob hardware, just incorporating it into our phone cases, or smart watch wrist bands.

I have a BMW iX that has some radiant heating. The dash, center console, steering wheel and door armrests are heated. It has regular hot blowing air too but it doesn’t have to work that hard. It’s a very cozy feeling and it’s especially great in the mornings when it’s been preconditioned for departure.

I agree, but am cautious of this. We purchased a new door lock for our front door that is suppose to recognize your phone when you approach and unlock. Problem is half the time it didn't work. The family got frustrated with it, so we eventually got rid of it and installed a push button combo style that works every time. We both would love to see an option like this work, but the fact that yours stopped working as well drives home the point of it being unreliable and frustrating. Personally I still like the idea of the reliable proximity fob hardware, just incorporating it into our phone cases, or smart watch wrist bands.
Agreed. The inconsistency drives me crazy. Such a great idea but the execution is falling short right now. Thankfully the GV60 also has biometrics (face recognition and finger print scanner) as well for starting the vehicle. So I was willing to try the phone key because I knew I had a backup option built in.

My daughters phone app is great on Bronco but a glitch in system when she remote starts through the app it causes her alarm to go off showing her hood isn’t sufficiently tight. Now she doesn’t use app for start or key access for fear of 5-6 times a day having alarm go off. Apparently Ford is aware and says they’ll address in future app updates but who knows how long. I can live with a fob in my pocket.
I’ve been thinking of swapping my wedding band from the metal one I wear to one of the silicone rings (with age comes extra weight). Was thinking a silicon ring with sensor for unlocking/locking would be even better than the wristband option like JLR offers as well as several others

My daughters phone app is great on Bronco but a glitch in system when she remote starts through the app it causes her alarm to go off showing her hood isn’t sufficiently tight. Now she doesn’t use app for start or key access for fear of 5-6 times a day having alarm go off. Apparently Ford is aware and says they’ll address in future app updates but who knows how long. I can live with a fob in my pocket.
I’ve been thinking of swapping my wedding band from the metal one I wear to one of the silicone rings (with age comes extra weight). Was thinking a silicon ring with sensor for unlocking/locking would be even better than the wristband option like JLR offers as well as several others
I wear one of those silicone rings. If it could unlock my vehicle...now that would be next-level.

Reactions: J Alynn
Another nice feature (every winter) on my wife's car is the horn honks when tires are being aired up and reach the desired psi.
To add to this... I learned today on my truck that if I hop out on a cold winter day and keep the truck running the horn honk, when reaching the desired tire pressure, does not work.

The horn notification should be active as long as vehicle is in park.

Reactions: J Alynn
No matter whether it supports phone-as-key, retina scan or brain implants, I’d really like to ensure that there is a physical key backup that works when the battery is dead or you’re far from a network, so I can at least crawl into the vehicle to be safe from mosquito attacks.

I suppose safety from bears might be too much to hope for . . .