Daily Driver Comforts

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
I think there is a way. I refer to Jeep Wrangler for the example. Willys simple base, Sahara luxury, Rubicon off road. Of course there is any and everything in between. I also think the Travelall could be a more luxurious model like the Wagoneer. I just hope it’s not as big as the Wagoneer.

• Love
Reactions: Harris005
Maybe it’s simply adding a multi-directional mic more centered so both voices would be picked up easier?
My wife’s BMW X5 45e has a good mic set up. Everyone, even the back seat, can talk without issue.

This thread makes it clear how wide the range of potential buyers is. We have those that saying it must be simple and able to tackle notable off-road trails while also here we debate interior noise cancelling capabilities. lol. Trying to do all of these things is how we end up with ridiculous vehicles like the Hummer. If the Scout goes anything like the Hummer in ridiculousness, I am out.

In any car I just want good seats that are comfortable to sit in. For me, to be comfortable they don't need massaging or 15 way power adjustments.
Most manufactures have plain, base models with upgrade options....satisfying the masses. Different trim modles, have different starting points of those options. Would think they would look to go the same way. People are all different...and that's ok. Love my Scout II for what it is, and have always wanted a Scout III for an everyday driver that could have the top and doors off for a weekend get away.

Reactions: J Alynn
Cruise control with assist. As you come up on a slower car it keeps a certain distance from it, avoiding having to tap the brakes. Once you maneuver to passing lane the vehicle speeds back up to cruise control speed.
Adaptive cruise control is great, but you need to be able to set it to follow at a fairly close distance or else you just keep getting cut off on the freeway.

Adaptive cruise control is great, but you need to be able to set it to follow at a fairly close distance or else you just keep getting cut off on the freeway.
Most systems have that ability. At least that I’m aware of. And you are absolutely right people think that a safe distance is an invitation to cut you off.

I'm going all-in here. Power windows, power locks. That's about it for me. A radio isn't needed if you give me space to install an aftermarket unit.

Most systems have that ability. At least that I’m aware of. And you are absolutely right people think that a safe distance is an invitation to cut you off.
Yeah, but the minimum distance is not close enough on a lot of them. You gotta be able to set it for like three car lengths if you don’t want people cutting you off.

Reactions: LastDayScout
Yeah, but the minimum distance is not close enough on a lot of them. You gotta be able to set it for like three car lengths if you don’t want people cutting you off.
Well, this is a double edged sword though...

We have the ACC in our Jeep, and I leave that sucker maxed out. Okay, yeah in heavy traffic people cut me off. The alternative is getting as close as possible, then when an a-hole still cuts me off, the Jeep slams it brakes and the people behind me slam on theirs, etc.

The MAIN problem isn't the ACC systems, it's people ingrained with following too close... ALL. THE. TIME.

Literally all the traffic we all have can come back to that point. How many times have you been in stop and go traffic, then suddenly gotten past a merge point and it just magically speeds up. No accident. No one pulled over. Nothing. This is exactly this reason.

Well, this is a double edged sword though...

We have the ACC in our Jeep, and I leave that sucker maxed out. Okay, yeah in heavy traffic people cut me off. The alternative is getting as close as possible, then when an a-hole still cuts me off, the Jeep slams it brakes and the people behind me slam on theirs, etc.

The MAIN problem isn't the ACC systems, it's people ingrained with following too close... ALL. THE. TIME.

Literally all the traffic we all have can come back to that point. How many times have you been in stop and go traffic, then suddenly gotten past a merge point and it just magically speeds up. No accident. No one pulled over. Nothing. This is exactly this reason.
My first had drums all they around. That will teach you real quick how close to follow and to brake early.

Reactions: J Alynn
  1. To maintain harmony in our household I am not allowed to buy a vehicles that has fewer seat adjustments for the passenger side than the driver side. Seat equality! ;)
  2. Kick ass heat pump
  3. Some kind of frunk - Not having one is a perceived fail. It's 60% for showing off, but I would use it
  4. Charging port on front of vehicle (grill area)...and maybe option to have second one in the rear - Side ports are stupid.
  5. Column shifter like MB / Tesla preferred - Works - opens up console
  6. Windows that drop all the way for rear doors where applicable
  7. Folding mirrors
  8. Decent stereo with SiriusXM and an antenna that doesn't get blocked by a Thule roof box
  9. Heated seats, steering wheel, windshield, wiper blades, side mirrors,...everything you can heat - It's damn cold where I live
  10. Laminated side glass option - Once you've had it you'll never want a vehicle without it.
  11. Non run-flat tires
  12. Double-up sun visors so you can have front an side when you want
  13. Rear sun shades - Manual is fine - Keep little kids happy and block out the peasants
  14. USB C near the rear view mirror so you can easily mount / plug in dash cam

Reactions: Jamie@ScoutMotors
  1. To maintain harmony in our household I am not allowed to buy a vehicles that has fewer seat adjustments for the passenger side than the driver side. Seat equality! ;)
  2. Kick ass heat pump
  3. Some kind of frunk - Not having one is a perceived fail. It's 60% for showing off, but I would use it
  4. Charging port on front of vehicle (grill area)...and maybe option to have second one in the rear - Side ports are stupid.
  7. Folding mirrors
  8. Decent stereo with SiriusXM and an antenna that doesn't get blocked by a Thule roof box
  9. Heated seats, steering wheel, windshield, wiper blades, side mirrors,...everything you can heat - It's damn cold where I live
  10. Laminated side glass option - Once you've had it you'll never want a vehicle without it.
  11. Non run-flat tires
  13. Rear sun shades - Manual is fine - Keep little kids happy and block out the peasants
I’ll agree with all but #5. I do not and have never liked column shifters. My daughters current Honda CRV has a central shifter but it’s short and above the console area. I didn’t like it either at first but the more I ride with her it’s grown on me. Cups fit below and console area is more open. It’s also very easy to reach for and see drive and reverse. The open console is nice and would allow for a magnetic charger for phones

I’ll agree with all but #5. I do not and have never liked column shifters. My daughters current Honda CRV has a central shifter but it’s short and above the console area. I didn’t like it either at first but the more I ride with her it’s grown on me. Cups fit below and console area is more open. It’s also very easy to reach for and see drive and reverse. The open console is nice and would allow for a magnetic charger for phones
Agreed. Having a tacoma and driving the Bronco, a shifter to the right in the console feels natural.

2. Kick ass heat pump
  7. Folding mirrors
  11. Non run-flat tires
Agreed on all. The shifter in the Tesla is easy and out of the way. It also makes the possibility of a bench type front seat more likely. A console shifter is completely irrelevant in an EV. I get the feel factor of a shifter in the console/center. But, it would only take up space that could go to way better use.

2. Kick ass heat pump
  7. Folding mirrors
  11. Non run-flat tires
Curious about #10. Please explain.

2. Kick ass heat pump
  7. Folding mirrors
  11. Non run-flat tires

Along with #9 - Cooled or ventilated seats are pretty darn nice too. Especially on the days you take the top off ;)

A step further....is the technology there to do away with the fob (less things to carry in your pocket) and use your smart phone to unlock and start car (phone stays in your pocket)? When it's within range, functions work just like they did with the fobs. Maybe recognizing who's phone it is could operate the preset interior settings (mentioned above with the driver 1 and 2 buttons)? Might need a hidden (gas cap door??) numerical combo allowing doors to unlock if phone happened to be dead.
Another idea with this might be cell phone covers that have the fob chip in them. The phone covers could proudly display the Scout emblem and maybe have a slim appearance with matching Scout paint colors (something the ladies would prefer). Maybe a more rugged look for the men as an option too. Although this would be cool to have on my phone, realizing the up hill climb to create covers for all the different phone types could be tough. So, another possible step might be creating a thin plastic card with the chip in it (hopefully about the size of a sim card). With the back side being self adhesive, one could stick it on the back of their phone between their phone and thier own choice of a phone case.

Again, the preset interior settings change to the person unlocking the driver side door.

I don't hate console shifters, and honestly thought I would not like a column selector, but now that I have driven column for a decade, I prefer it. Back in the day, a column shifter or console shifter was actually a choice...maybe this is something the new Scout folks might want to think about. ;)