Scout CEO says he'll have real buttons

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

ddg520

1st Year Member
Jul 1, 2023
Baltimore
Article is three weeks old but I just saw it today. Copied and pasted here and link to actual article is at the bottom.

Tired of endless scrolling through menus? Forget frustrating touchscreens that don't work when your gloves are on! Scout Motors, a new American electric truck and SUV brand, is bucking the industry trend by bringing back physical buttons in their vehicles.
"Forget buried menus and frustrating touchscreens," Benjamin declared, highlighting Scout Motors' commitment to a driving experience that feels familiar and functions seamlessly in your daily life. "We want the features you use every day to be right at your fingertips, not hidden behind layers on a screen." By opting for physical buttons instead of going all-in on touchscreens, Scout Motors prioritizes safety and ease of use, especially for those who venture off the beaten path. As the industry embraces an increasingly digital future,
Scout remains dedicated to a driver-centric experience that prioritizes your needs and puts control back in your hands. This iconic brand, known for the rugged vehicles built by International Harvester in the 1960s, is making a comeback with a fresh perspective. Benjamin, a former Stellantis executive, emphasizes that the new Scout won't be just a nostalgic throwback. It will honor its heritage while offering modern features and functionality designed for the needs of today's drivers.

Conclusion​

Although details on specific models and features are still to come, Scout Motors promises a focus on no-nonsense practicality and user-friendliness in its electric vehicles. This might hit the sweet spot for American drivers tired of complex digital interfaces, offering a simpler, more intuitive way to experience the power of electric mobility.

That's right, Scout's president, Scott Keogh, and chief designer, Chris Benjamin, recently announced this bold move at their factory groundbreaking in Blythewood, South Carolina. It's a clear nod to the classic Scout brand, known for its functionality and ease of use, and a direct response to driver frustration with overly complex infotainment systems. So, if you're looking for an electric vehicle built for American ingenuity and practicality, keep your eye on Scout Motors.

https://insideevs.com/news/708867/scout-motors-buttons-interview/amp/

Last edited:
Article is three weeks old but I just saw it today. Copied and pasted here and link to actual article is at the bottom.

Tired of endless scrolling through menus? Forget frustrating touchscreens that don't work when your gloves are on! Scout Motors, a new American electric truck and SUV brand, is bucking the industry trend by bringing back physical buttons in their vehicles.
"Forget buried menus and frustrating touchscreens," Benjamin declared, highlighting Scout Motors' commitment to a driving experience that feels familiar and functions seamlessly in your daily life. "We want the features you use every day to be right at your fingertips, not hidden behind layers on a screen." By opting for physical buttons instead of going all-in on touchscreens, Scout Motors prioritizes safety and ease of use, especially for those who venture off the beaten path. As the industry embraces an increasingly digital future,
Scout remains dedicated to a driver-centric experience that prioritizes your needs and puts control back in your hands. This iconic brand, known for the rugged vehicles built by International Harvester in the 1960s, is making a comeback with a fresh perspective. Benjamin, a former Stellantis executive, emphasizes that the new Scout won't be just a nostalgic throwback. It will honor its heritage while offering modern features and functionality designed for the needs of today's drivers.

Conclusion​

Although details on specific models and features are still to come, Scout Motors promises a focus on no-nonsense practicality and user-friendliness in its electric vehicles. This might hit the sweet spot for American drivers tired of complex digital interfaces, offering a simpler, more intuitive way to experience the power of electric mobility.

That's right, Scout's president, Scott Keogh, and chief designer, Chris Benjamin, recently announced this bold move at their factory groundbreaking in Blythewood, South Carolina. It's a clear nod to the classic Scout brand, known for its functionality and ease of use, and a direct response to driver frustration with overly complex infotainment systems. So, if you're looking for an electric vehicle built for American ingenuity and practicality, keep your eye on Scout Motors.

s://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/ditch-the-touchscreen-reborn-brand-bets-on-electric-vans-with-real-buttons/ar-BB1jcLoS?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=7b7f5a58e2e446c6b36dd56f26d6484b&ei=23
The link is a little broken, I think this one works - https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...n-electric-vans-with-real-buttons/ar-BB1jcLoS

But real reason I’m here is - “vans”? Is msn saying that scout is making vans?!? Let’s get that rumor mill spinning 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: trev and J Alynn
The link is a little broken, I think this one works - https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...n-electric-vans-with-real-buttons/ar-BB1jcLoS

But real reason I’m here is - “vans”? Is msn saying that scout is making vans?!? Let’s get that rumor mill spinning 😂😂😂
Hahahaha. I didn’t see the van one. I found a good link to the scout buttons article from a different source, with no vans. lol

I like the design commitment of buttons and switches. Driving is a physical activity and the clicks and zips of buttons and dials contributes to this pleasure. Touch screens are useful IF you need an EDITABLE placeholder for functions you need to change and update. Screens are now vital if constantly changing information needs to be shown in real time. However, I now know what smooth glass feels like. I love that the Scout interior designers will give us something physical and tactile that they got to design.