2 cents-worth

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

Magnus

1st Year Member
Apr 26, 2023
Hello, It's probably too late to suggest major design ideas but I have a few thoughts. I look at vehicles such as the Scout from a working man's point of view. I was a concrete finisher for almost 30 years and have been involved with the family farm since the early 80's. I am about 6'5" with my work boots on and most vehicles have always been too small for me. I own a newer F150 and even with the seat all the way back and slightly reclined my head is brushing the top of the cab. For odd jobs around the farm I have a CanAm Defender. The headroom is better in the Defender but my stomach is pushed right against the steering wheel. One accident in either vehicle and I would not survive. There is a size limit for UTV's and the CanAm Defender is one of the largest on the market. Trucks are not convenient to hop in and out of all day long when working on building projects or whatever the job might be. The ideal position of a vehicle that can be worked out of should be something similar to a UPS Van, so that a person can hop right in and sit upright in a manner that allows you to hop right back out again. However, unlike a delivery van, the height of the floor should not be more than 12 inches. Lifting a leg to get into any vehicle over the age of 50, amounts to the same effort it takes to mount the saddle on a horse. The design of the early IH Scouts was close to what guys like me would need to fill an empty space in the work-vehicle market. It would have to be slightly larger for a guy like me, however the simple metal dash and very limited comforts of the early 60's Scouts would suit me perfect for times when I have to jump in with a carpenters apron and hammer on my waist, throw some gear in the back and race over 100 yards away and park to fix or build something quick before some project gets rained on. Here in Wisconsin we also have snow and ice 7 months of the year. It has to be capable in deep snow but it doesn't need to be fast. The biggest problem here is vehicles that rust out right away. I really appreciate that my F150 is made from aluminum. That was a key selling point for me. Other than a rugged, bare bones vehicle that is slightly larger than a UTV, can fit a tall driver, won't rust and can be driven on roads to pick up supplies for farm and building projects, the only thing I would suggest is having very large side mirrors. So, just do all that and make it maintenance free.