Plug Type

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Personally, I'd really like to see Tesla's NACS really become the "standard," and on my brand new Scout II!

NACS-Blog-Image-02.png
I agree that the form factor is much nicer and easier to handle on the Tesla, however given the fact that the Tesla plug is proprietary and VW group is already partnered with electrify america I don't see this happening...

Personally I think it would be best if the whole US join the EU and adopt the CCS2 Instead of being stuck with CCS1.....But either way at this rate by the time there is anough adoption there might be a new standard for charging out there.

As I'm reading, I'm slowly feeling the need for my tin-foil hat...

Why do you need a tinfoil hat? The CCS1 is an old standard but it is still good. With the battery technology available today and for the near future we not only don’t need another standard but we won’t be able to out live The capabilities of the ccs1.

As an example: some electrify America stations can charge as fast as 300kw…however very few vehicles can accept close to that. The ioniq 5 is the best and can peak charging at 220kw. The vw id4 can only really do 130kw.

This issue is that I have a J1772 at home already. IF it'd invested in a Level 2, wired in unit, suddenly with NACS it's a huge asspain.

Which is a moot point based on that intel...

Last edited:
Foolish not to adopt the NACS/Tesla - it’s the best, most reliable network, and it’s all over. You won’t lose J1772 anyway is my guess because that is the US (and most countries) standard. So even much more foolish to remove J1772 support.

With several manufacturers rapidly announcing they will move to NACS, we are no longer in ‘let’s wait and see what happens’ territory. NACS is unquestionably going to be the standard in North America. The sooner VW readjusts the better it will be for them.

Tesla designed their charger from the ground up for DC fast charging. That is why it is far superior in comparison to a design that took an existing connector and rather crudely tacked DC fast charging onto it. Tesla gave their superior connector design away to SAE International, so it is now owned and controlled by the standards body. This means that charging networks such as Electrify America can support NACS. I don’t think VW and Electrify America have any choice but to support NACS.

@Ecca you beat me to it :)

With the companies that have announced NACS.... at this point, I think we can assume that all EV's in North America will adopt NACS... Including VW and Scout.

Aptera Motors ✔️2022.10.30
Ford ✔️2023.05.26
GM ✔️2023.06.09
Rivian ✔️2023.06.20
Volvo ✔️2023.06.27
Polestar ✔️2023.06.29
Mercedes Benz ✔️2023.07.07
Nissan ✔️2023.07.19
Fisker ✔️2023.08.15
Honda ✔️2023.08.19
Acura ✔️2023.08.19
Verge Motorcycles ✔️2023.08.26
Jaguar ✔️2023.09.22
Kia ✔️2023.10.11
Hyundai ✔️2023.10.11
Genesis ✔️2023.10.11
Toyota ✔️2023.10.20
Lexus ✔️2023.10.20
Lucid ✔️2023.11.09

Charging:

SAE ✔️2023.06.27
Electrify America ✔️2023.06.29
Webasto ✔️2023.07.20
Green Motion EV ✔️2023.07.23
ZEROVA ✔️2023.07.26
EVCS (reaffirms) ✔️2023.08.01
Volex ✔️2023.08.10

States Mandating:

Texas ✔️2023.06.20
Washington ✔️ (announced plans to)2023.06.27
Kentucky ✔️2023.08.11

Last edited:
@Ecca you beat me to it :)

With the companies that have announced NACS.... at this point, I think we can assume that all EV's in North America will adopt NACS... Including VW and Scout.

Aptera Motors ✔️2022.10.30
Ford ✔️2023.05.26
GM ✔️2023.06.09
Rivian ✔️2023.06.20
Volvo ✔️2023.06.27
Polestar ✔️2023.06.29
Mercedes Benz ✔️2023.07.07
Nissan ✔️2023.07.19

Charging:

Electrify America ✔️2023.06.29
Webasto ✔️2023.07.20

Edit: Added Electrify America and dates
Edit 2: Added Webasto

I love your charts.

Now add in the major companies that haven't yet *cough*Dodge*couch*, *cough*Jeep*cough*.

Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler.... are all owned by Stellantis and they said that there is a “pending NACS announcement.”
They're also starting a charging network called "Free2move Charge"
It's hard to imagine them going a different route.