Welcome and Introductions!

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Hello Mr. Keogh and the Scout Team,

My name is Eric Blume and I am the grandson of Ted Ornas. Although he has passed, he would be very excited to hear that the Scout legacy which he helped create will carry on through your work with the new EV Scout.

I also was inspired by the news last year that the Scout was going to make a comeback in the form of a redesigned EV. My sister Betsy, who passed in 2017, played a big role in helping keep the Scout legacy alive through her yearly visits to the Scout Truck Nationals. She made it her mission to be the presenter of the Ted Ornas Award to the Scout owner with the most ‘showroom stock’ condition truck in honor of the Scout’s original designer.

Since her passing, there has been a void in the legacy carrying of my Grandfather’s kitchen table sketch of the original Scout. So the new revival and redesign of this iconic brand has been so uplifting to our family. I know I will be buying the new Scout EV when it debuts in 2026!

Thank you for your mission on the new Scout!

Sincerely,

Eric Blume

picture of my Grandfather and Grandmother taken in Ft. Wayne, In.
other picture of me at home in Florida
Hi, @Eblume.

Welcome to the Scout community. It's great to have you involved!

I had the privilege of meeting your grandfather at the Scout Nationals shows back in 1995.
With Ted Ornas-1995.jpg

Betsy was a sweetie. I always enjoyed talking with her about her family's history and the history of the Scout. I've missed seeing her and her beautiful Scout 80 at the events.
With Betsy - 2012.jpg

Hi Jamie! I am a huge fan of what your team is doing with revamping an awesome car brand and bringing new stylish EVs to market. I noticed Scout is hiring for a Creative Producer role and as a Producer in the advertising/marketing space I would love to connect with someone and chat about how I can contribute to your company!

Reactions: Tuff66
Hi all!

I'm a lifelong automotive enthusiast, and currently enjoying my 2016 Miata.

I've always wanted to build an old Scout, Bronco, or Defender as a hybrid restomod, and am really excited to see an EV Scout!

I've been working in the auto industry since leaving the Marines and I'm hoping to write the next chapter of my career at Scout Motors.

It's been quite a while since I've owned a truck but I've driven all sorts of off-road vehicles over the years.

My favorites being
a HS friend's first gen Bronco that was completely rhino lined yellow w/ a 351 Windsor.

A Wrangler Unlimited my buddy and I road tripped from Monterey, CA to south of Ensenada, MX to watch the Baja 500.

An old kitted out Toyota Hilux in Iraq.

Getting air in an armored HMMWV in 29 Palms.

A Honda Ridgeline that I used for trail maintenance and scouting when working at BorgWarner in Seneca, SC.

Last edited:
Hi all!

I'm a lifelong automotive enthusiast, and currently enjoying my 2016 Miata.

I've always wanted to build an old Scout, Bronco, or Defender as a hybrid restomod, and am really excited to see an EV Scout!

I've been working in the auto industry since leaving the Marines and I'm hoping to write the next chapter of my career at Scout Motors.

It's been quite a while since I've owned a truck but I've driven all sorts of off-road vehicles over the years.

My favorites being
a HS friend's first gen Bronco that was completely rhino lined yellow w/ a 351 Windsor.

A Wrangler Unlimited my buddy and I road tripped from Monterey, CA to south of Ensenada, MX to watch the Baja 500.

An old kitted out Toyota Hilux in Iraq.

Getting air in an armored HMMWV in 29 Palms.

A Honda Ridgeline that I used for trail maintenance and scouting when working at BorgWarner in Seneca, SC.
Thank you for your service. It's a great time to be an offroad enthusiast with so much variety out there new and old and doesn't seem to be slowing down.

I've longed be a fan of the Bronco, and with their new 6th gen you get the luxury of classic but modern style with updated tech. That's something you couldnt spend under 60k to have as a daily driver with all the bells and whistles many of us have become accustomed to in recent years if you were to do a restomod of a 1st gen. I assume that will be the case for thr new Scout models as well. Happy to have you!

Thank you for your service. It's a great time to be an offroad enthusiast with so much variety out there new and old and doesn't seem to be slowing down.

I've longed be a fan of the Bronco, and with their new 6th gen you get the luxury of classic but modern style with updated tech. That's something you couldnt spend under 60k to have as a daily driver with all the bells and whistles many of us have become accustomed to in recent years if you were to do a restomod of a 1st gen. I assume that will be the case for thr new Scout models as well. Happy to have you!
Thank you!

Oh for sure a restomod would be vastly more expensive but I'm chomping at the bit to build a dream vehicle of mine (of which there are many) from the ground up.

Some day, I'll own a speed shop that builds all sorts of wild vehicles.

I got to work on some of the IP for the Bronco, and see the vehicles in the design studio before release, was super cool. I'm hoping to see Scout really push the envelope in this segment.

Reactions: J Alynn
Really kicking myself for selling my '79 Scout II in 2004. Sadly, I don't have a single picture of it. Restoration completed by the Scout Connection in 2002 including a cab top w/ bulkhead, 345, 727, rear cowboy bumper, the list goes on. Bonatti Grey (a Land Rover color) body with a black cab top. I adored it. But coming off of back surgery and getting married, it seemed like the right decision at the time. Maybe the upcoming electric will spark my interest. In the meantime, I tuned/appointed a competitor's product to approach my old Scout experience.

IMG_1026.JPG

Only an original Scout can be revived. This environment killing electric shit does not deserve the scout name. No real Scout owner would ever consider this imposter. The Scout died over 40 years ago. Name this thing something else.

Only an original Scout can be revived. This environment killing electric shit does not deserve the scout name. No real Scout owner would ever consider this imposter. The Scout died over 40 years ago. Name this thing something else.
Thanks for your constructive input. Can you please define “real Scout owner”? I know a bunch of folks on here own a Scout or have owned a Scout (I fit in the latter group). Your help in defining “real” would go a long way to help us all know where we each stand with our Scouts. Thanks again for posting and providing your point of view.

Hello Everyone, as an enthusiast of everything automotive I am very excited that the Scout name is coming back. We have a 1966 Scout restored by Velocity Restorations in our collection at P1 Miami. Its by far the most exciting car to drive.

Attachments

• IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    1,022.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 1966-Velocity-International-Scout-800-Passenger-Side-Custom-Interior.jpg
    1966-Velocity-International-Scout-800-Passenger-Side-Custom-Interior.jpg
    699.7 KB · Views: 4
  • charcoal-grey-scout-1966-engine-still.jpg
    charcoal-grey-scout-1966-engine-still.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for your constructive input. Can you please define “real Scout owner”? I know a bunch of folks on here own a Scout or have owned a Scout (I fit in the latter group). Your help in defining “real” would go a long way to help us all know where we each stand with our Scouts. Thanks again for posting and providing your point of view.
@J Alynn, I think you bring up an interesting point, what is a "Scout Owner"? I'm not sure that a one-size-fits-all all concept works here. When I think of the 60 through 70's Scout I think of the blue-collar hard hard-working farmers. Today, our population is much more diverse, not just in classes of individuals. I think car manufacturers have or are adapting to this. E.g. Ford has trims from the Base to the Raptor. The Base maybe for someone who is more of a minimalist or someone who loves the brand but can't justify or afford the cost, while the Raptor may be a status symbol or for an Off-Road Baja runner. Ford has several options in between from the Outer Banks to the Wildtrak to accommodate the diverse audience. Jeep is in the same conversation.

Watching the recent brand video from SM, I see a diverse target from young to experienced, outdoorsmen/adventure seekers to conservatives. On Spirits76 point, this may not be for everyone, if you're looking for a true Scout, restore a classic however not all of us have that option. I've had a trail rig for the past year that I've been wanting to restore, however, time has been my greatest obstacle. Therefore I decided to go a different direction and found a Scout II that is turn-key.

The 6g Bronco has embarked on the roots of it's heritage with 1st gen design with modern tech. When I test-drove a 2-door when first released I couldn't but feel like I was driving a 1st gen with upgraded tech, smooth steering, etc. The Scout has the opportunity to reborn itself it's a modern image. If you're not on board, look at the bright side it will appreciate the current value of the/your original Scout much like the Bronco did for the 1st gens.

"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it and join the dance" Alan Watts. I'm ambivalent on the stance on the topic of EV's, simply because I haven't test-drove nor educated myself on it. Once I do, then I'll join the great debate.

Since we’re sharing opinions I will share mine. The original IH Scouts were truly special. I owned one and I appreciated it for what it was. That said, who would have ever thought we would see a new Scout? Even more shocking to me is that it’s a German company that is making it happen. I am thankful that the stars lined up and it’s going to happen.

Now, for a theory. I think most if not all of us love the originals. I believe that the reincarnation of the brand will lead to more originals being pulled out of the fields, woods, barns and junk yards. The interest and brand awareness will lead to more people learning about Scout. It seems to me that it’s a natural progression to start seeing more restorations occur. I think we will all agree that’s really cool.

My two cents.