Welcome and Introductions!

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Hello everyone, I'm another one new to the brand. I came across this community from a different place than most. I spotted the Scout 800 in a light simulation game called Snowrunner, which I found out about from another driving simulation—BeamNG—and so I looked up the model to see if I could buy a real one, only to discover the brand is being refreshed with new EV models!

To be honest, I've never driven a truck. All of my offroading experience has exclusively been through motocamping on a tiny Super Cub with a "bike" rack/drybag/Rotopax as a digital nomad on endless trips, doing project management for embedded systems off of a laptop at the edge of trails. And by bike rack, I mean unicycle rack. If my "car" has half its wheels missing, then my mountain bike should too, right? I promise the logic makes sense.

Even more incredible, I just found out Scout will be headquartered not too far off from me. My home base is in an apartment in DC, and the Metro connects over to Tysons. I took a look at the careers page and found a position that seems to fit well with what I do now, so I applied.

motocamping.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I'm another one new to the brand. I came across this community from a different place than most. I spotted the Scout 800 in a light simulation game called Snowrunner, which I found out about from another driving simulation—BeamNG—and so I looked up the model to see if I could buy a real one, only to discover the brand is being revived with new EV models!

To be honest, I've never driven a truck. All of my offroading experience has exclusively been through motocamping on a tiny Super Cub with a "bike" rack/drybag/Rotopax as a digital nomad on endless trips, doing project management for embedded systems off of a laptop at the edge of trails. And by bike rack, I mean unicycle rack. If my "car" has half its wheels missing, then my mountain bike should too, right? I promise the logic makes sense.

Even more incredible, I just found out Scout will be headquartered not too far off from me. My home base is in an apartment in DC, and the Metro connects over to Tysons. I took a look at the careers page and found a position that seems to fit well with what I do now, so I applied.

View attachment 1500
Welcome! .....and go buy that Scout! Enjoy it for a few years, then plan to buy the 2026 Scout to park right beside it ;)

Welcome! .....and go buy that Scout! Enjoy it for a few years, then plan to buy the 2026 Scout to park right beside it ;)
Add a few more years to that 2026 though, since they have no immediate plans for a smaller 2-door which was the big appeal of the Scout 800 in the game for me.

Makes sense why, since everyone knows it's way more feasible to capture even a tiny portion of the usual 95% wanting a larger pickup truck or SUV than to try to capture a huge portion of a 5% enthusiast niche with picky tastes. I can only hope the big ones are successful enough to enable a smaller one.

Welcome to the Scout Community! Cool Super Cub. Can't say I've seen many people load one up like that! 🍻
Thanks Jamie, I can't say I've seen many either. The population in the market for mountain unicycle racks for underbones could probably be counted on your thumbs.

Add a few more years to that 2026 though, since they have no immediate plans for a smaller 2-door which was the big appeal of the Scout 800 in the game for me.

Makes sense why, since everyone knows it's way more feasible to capture even a tiny portion of the usual 95% wanting a larger pickup truck or SUV than to try to capture a huge portion of a 5% enthusiast niche with picky tastes. I can only hope the big ones are successful enough to enable a smaller one.

Thanks Jamie, I can't say I've seen many either. The population in the market for mountain unicycle racks for underbones could probably be counted on your thumbs.
Welcome to the community! Super cool setup on the Cub! Where do you take the unicycle out? Looks like it's kitted to hit trails!

Welcome to the community! Super cool setup on the Cub! Where do you take the unicycle out? Looks like it's kitted to hit trails!
Thanks, I usually just take it to regular MTB trails/singletrack/gravel. Slightly technical trails are the best: rooty stuff, rock gardens, skinnies, and such. As long as I avoid fast and flowy trails that need momentum to get up hills or jumps, then even vertical drops are fine too. Surprisingly, getting up stairs on it is possible too, with a bunch of little sideways hops.

The faster trails are the territory of the electric ones, which is actually what I picked for my profile:

DSCF9577.jpg

I noticed a bunch of interesting crossovers of activities in this community too, like someone who mentioned bringing out astrophotography gear. Maybe there would be some other people throwing their little electric wheels into the back of their Scout, who knows?

Hello everyone! Just wanted to say hi and get engaged with the community. This is such a cool initiative! I'm an old gear head at heart, and have owned Scouts in the past. I have a few other project cars that I'm working on now, and really interested in learning more about EV and alternative fuel sources for classic looking vehicles. I can't wait to see what these things look like and how they perform when they roll off the production line.

Hello everyone! Just wanted to say hi and get engaged with the community. This is such a cool initiative! I'm an old gear head at heart, and have owned Scouts in the past. I have a few other project cars that I'm working on now, and really interested in learning more about EV and alternative fuel sources for classic looking vehicles. I can't wait to see what these things look like and how they perform when they roll off the production line.
Welcome to the forum. Dig around and catch up on everything we’ve been spewing the past 8 months 😀

Reactions: joeninpo

Welcome to the Scout Community!

Someone local to me in the Chicago area just had a Tesla motor conversion done to a Scout 800. We're going to feature it in a future article, so stay tuned.

Welcome to the Scout Community!

Someone local to me in the Chicago area just had a Tesla motor conversion done to a Scout 800. We're going to feature it in a future article, so stay tuned.
Thanks, Jamie. I can't wait to get caught up with all of the cool stuff that everyone have been doing with this awesome platform.

Hey everyone,

I'm new here, just watching this incredibly exciting company grow, and this community as well, and want to go ahead and join the club, as I suspect it will only keep getting more interesting.
Welcome. As I always say. Check out our rants and share your thoughts and knowledge

Reactions: Geno
New Community user here. Got hooked on Scouts in mid-80's as my 8th grade English teacher was a diehard fan. Have owned a '79 International Scout II since '05 when my wife was tired of me being glued to the worldwideweb hunting for a Scout. Hope to get a frame off restoration some day, but will continue to drive until then. Excited for the future of our passion. Here's a picture of the day I got vs. a few of my favorite shots showing how this vehicle is a member of the family.

Attachments

• IMG_6323.JPG
    IMG_6323.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8664.JPG
    IMG_8664.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4948.JPG
    IMG_4948.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2473.JPG
    IMG_2473.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 4
New Community user here. Got hooked on Scouts in mid-80's as my 8th grade English teacher was a diehard fan. Have owned a '79 International Scout II since '05 when my wife was tired of me being glued to the worldwideweb hunting for a Scout. Hope to get a frame off restoration some day, but will continue to drive until then. Excited for the future of our passion. Here's a picture of the day I got vs. a few of my favorite shots showing how this vehicle is a member of the family.
Welcome to the forum! What are the specs of your '79?

Hello everyone, I'm another one new to the brand. I came across this community from a different place than most. I spotted the Scout 800 in a light simulation game called Snowrunner, which I found out about from another driving simulation—BeamNG—and so I looked up the model to see if I could buy a real one, only to discover the brand is being refreshed with new EV models!

View attachment 1500
It would be well to get some experience with the legacy Scouts. There is clubs that covers your area. There's an excellent dealer restorer in Harrisonburg. Mile Moore will put you in touch with the local owners. https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=scoutco llc