Scout Design Ideas

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
What size would you guys like for the new scout suv to be? Full size? If they do add a front bench seat I would love for it to be actually comfortable.

Last edited:
I hope that scout motors can make their models somewhat affordable. It would be cool if they could also make an even more affordable smaller scout in addition to the regular scout and scout pickup. Like Rivian with the r2

Reactions: oldgeeksguide
Another thing that I would like to see is some type of handlebar to help pull myself into the Scout. Just to make it easier getting in.

Reactions: J Alynn
Another thing that I would like to see is some type of handlebar to help pull myself into the Scout. Just to make it easier getting in.
That should only be necessary if SM follows the current (North American) pickup trend to make vehicles as high off the ground as possible. I hope they look to the original Scouts and Rivian for guidance in this respect. As I often said when buying my '23 Tundra "I want the power without the climb". I'd actually like SM to think about the airport tugs, low, convertible, with the power to haul a 747 around. Just gear it for the highway and put prettier sheet metal on it.

I’m not sure if this idea is possible, but I want your opinions about it.

I want the c pillar to be foldable/removable.

I was thinking about how the old scout 80s could be used as a pickup🛻and a SUV🚙

The A and B pillars would not be removable for pickup mode.🛻

The c section could be like a bolt-in roll cage by AGI. And the A and B pillars would be permanent.

Also a segmented roof like the bronco would be nice.

For the pickup mode you could have a panel to seal the front portion away from the bed.

The scout would need to have a front bench seat to make this truck mode even more practical.

I’m not sure if this idea is possible, but I want your opinions about it.

I want the c pillar to be foldable/removable.

I was thinking about how the old scout 80s could be used as a pickup🛻and a SUV🚙

The A and B pillars would not be removable for pickup mode.🛻

The c section could be like a bolt-in roll cage by AGI. And the A and B pillars would be permanent.

Also a segmented roof like the bronco would be nice.

For the pickup mode you could have a panel to seal the front portion away from the bed.

The scout would need to have a front bench seat to make this truck mode even more practical.
Could be interesting but if SM is making a truck too it seems like a lot of extra cost for probably a low take rate. Sorta like the Jeep gladiator has the removable soft top. That could be nice for the pick up.
If the SUV has a removable top you could just remove rear seats and if it has a tailgate setup that would basically be a truck mode but without a complex C pillar. I like the roll bar but prefer it be more like Bronco where it doesn’t take away much if any shoulder room in the rear

Could be interesting but if SM is making a truck too it seems like a lot of extra cost for probably a low take rate. Sorta like the Jeep gladiator has the removable soft top. That could be nice for the pick up.
If the SUV has a removable top you could just remove rear seats and if it has a tailgate setup that would basically be a truck mode but without a complex C pillar. I like the roll bar but prefer it be more like Bronco where it doesn’t take away much if any shoulder room in the rear
Since the (obvious to me) plan might be a separate pickup on extended chassis, similar to how Gladiator and Ineos Quartermaster are longer wheelbase than the SUV they are derived from then it foes not make much sense to have a Scout SUV that converts to a pickup as did the 80/800

@Jamie@ScoutMotors , fwiw, I absolutely love the idea of resurrecting the scout. I'm all in and patiently waiting to hit the reserve button. Hear me out.

We were r1s rezzy holders and excited to own one, but honestly were discouraged with 2 factors. 1, it was nice, but not $80k nice. 2, by the lack of rear cargo room. Def would not suit a family of 4 for a long weekend of camping. Roof racks, tailgate racks, yeah...but we were disappointed.

One thing we did love about the r1s, as simplistic as it may sound, was the dual folding tailgate. Its the same tailgate as on bmw x5's. I have a 2 place bike rack on my x5 and with the rack flipped up, the tailgate can still open and close. It's so simple but a life saver! Plus when i park on a grade, all my shit doesnt roll out!! I often see people that just leave the rack tipped partially down, or people having to fold their rack down before opening the tailgate. Then folding back up after loading.

Look, I am sure there are loads of those that prefer a carryover design language, and honestly that is why we are all so freaking excited about being the owner of a new scout!! Just wanted to throw out the above hooraah for the possibility of not making me fold down my bike rack to open the tailgate (please!). Those that share the open air love of nature and also are into cycling, you'd get me.

Thanks!!

Since I’m hoping the top will come off I would ask for a reasonably priced mesh Bimini top that fits well and again-is reasonably priced. Daughter’s Bronco has one, we spent like $100 b/c ford wants like nearly $400 if I remember correctly.
Just give thought to how to fasten and draw tight because no matter what Bimini top you buy for the Bronco it just doesn’t fit super great.
What would be great would be a groove in the roll bar and a light weight aluminum frame that locks into place. That might be worth $400 since presumably it wouldn’t flap around here and there at highway speed

Since I’m hoping the top will come off I would ask for a reasonably priced mesh Bimini top that fits well and again-is reasonably priced. Daughter’s Bronco has one, we spent like $100 b/c ford wants like nearly $400 if I remember correctly.
Just give thought to how to fasten and draw tight because no matter what Bimini top you buy for the Bronco it just doesn’t fit super great.
What would be great would be a groove in the roll bar and a light weight aluminum frame that locks into place. That might be worth $400 since presumably it wouldn’t flap around here and there at highway speed

Break out the chain saw... any top can come off!!!

• Haha
The new Bronco bikini top sucks because they made it to stay on with the roof on. I would rather have a metal piece that bolts to the top of the windshield in the holes the top was using just like the original Bronco. The metal piece has an inverted U channel that a metal strip on the front of the bikini slips into and wraps over the top and back. Secure with a strap on each back corner. Takes about 5 minutes to put on the windshield piece(once) and about 2 minutes to put on or take off the bikini top with no tools. I think the Scout II is the same but I don’t have a bikini for it.

• Love
The new Bronco bikini top sucks because they made it to stay on with the roof on. I would rather have a metal piece that bolts to the top of the windshield in the holes the top was using just like the original Bronco. The metal piece has an inverted U channel that a metal strip on the front of the bikini slips into and wraps over the top and back. Secure with a strap on each back corner. Takes about 5 minutes to put on the windshield piece(once) and about 2 minutes to put on or take off the bikini top with no tools. I think the Scout II is the same but I don’t have a bikini for it.

It's called "awning rail"...

One thing I really liked on my Scout was the linear effect of the gauges across the narrow dash.

Offer an edition with fewer screens. My friends Rivian already seems dated and they use their phone more often. Otherwise have the screen in tablet form with mount that can be updated and locked up sticky fingers.

Reactions: Derek