Scout Design Ideas

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
One thing I really liked on my Scout was the linear effect of the gauges across the narrow dash.

Offer an edition with fewer screens. My friends Rivian already seems dated and they use their phone more often. Otherwise have the screen in tablet form with mount that can be updated and locked up sticky fingers.

Design is tricky, between tried and true, and cutting edge... you can get so far ahead of yourself that nothing works. Calls to memory the dash of the Aston Martin Logonda!! So far ahead that it was a fail.

1709797075953.png1709797095317.png1709797034050.png

I hope that scout motors can make their models somewhat affordable. It would be cool if they could also make an even more affordable smaller scout in addition to the regular scout and scout pickup. Like Rivian with the r2
For me, the Scout 2 size is just about perfect. You can carry 5 people and still have pretty good storage behind the 2nd row. It's still easy to park in an urban area or fit down a tight trail or driveway, but it's not tiny. In addition, because it's electric, you can have a huge front frunk (perhaps some storage for the driver/luggage/etc) and a lot of room in the under the hood area for things that might be permanently mounted like the HVAC system, inverter, air compressor, etc.). The latter could be under a cover (or not, it would be cool to have it NOT all hidden under plastic panels).

With how far suspension technology has come in 50 years, they should be able to keep the tight turning ability (the Scout 2 is an amazing runabout in part because it's so effortless to turn in sharp spots) but still have it track beautifully down the highway at 80 MPH.

Reactions: Bodie
One thing I really liked on my Scout was the linear effect of the gauges across the narrow dash.

Offer an edition with fewer screens. My friends Rivian already seems dated and they use their phone more often. Otherwise have the screen in tablet form with mount that can be updated and locked up sticky fingers.
I wouldn't mind digital gauges with an infotainment centered and knobs for temperature controls only.

Had a chance yesterday to see the new Nissan Z in person. Thats another example of a really nice blend of classic Nissan/Datsun and modern vehicle. Hope Scout design is similar in approach.
Looks really good in person, especially the rear taillights -retro in the most modern way possible
1711312211987.jpeg

Had a chance yesterday to see the new Nissan Z in person. Thats another example of a really nice blend of classic Nissan/Datsun and modern vehicle. Hope Scout design is similar in approach.
Looks really good in person, especially the rear taillights -retro in the most modern way possible
View attachment 2409
I concur, the Z and Challenger are IMO the best looking modern car at this moment. The interior of the Z is also remarkable.
1711313626120.png

Reactions: J Alynn
View attachment 2409

I like the 2 doors, but... does the roof come off?

I know by now the exterior design is locked in as the Scout SUV is to be shown this summer. BUT I am hoping it has the simple exterior of the original Scouts but with a dash of the current Land Rover Defender.

I know by now the exterior design is locked in as the Scout SUV is to be shown this summer. BUT I am hoping it has the simple exterior of the original Scouts but with a dash of the current Land Rover Defender.
gross.... Do you even Scout dude?

1712084464556.png

Be nice... :cool:

There are elements of the Defender interior that are kinda cool. Ours will be better... :D
I do like the simplicity of the defender interior from the passenger dash panel and stamped defender badging. In addition the center console looks ergonomic. Not too sure about that shifter location.

Yes, I like allot of those ideas.

I want to add... Comfortable Seats! We rented a wrangler on a recent trip and the vehicle was ok all around, but the seats were bad!

When we got it, we didn't feel it. But as soon as we got back to our old (2010) Sequoia, we were all saying, the old Sequoia seats are way better.

The wrangler seats were short and narrow, they had weak bolsters and the seat bottom angle was too flat, and there was no adjustment, so you feel like you are being pitched forward out of the seat.

I hope Scout Motors designs and builds their own seats, or at least taps into the VW knowledgeable. We used to have a 3rd gen Jetta 1.8t, that vehicle had nice seats.

Yes, I like allot of those ideas.

I want to add... Comfortable Seats! We rented a wrangler on a recent trip and the vehicle was ok all around, but the seats were bad!

When we got it, we didn't feel it. But as soon as we got back to our old (2010) Sequoia, we were all saying, the old Sequoia seats are way better.

The wrangler seats were short and narrow, they had weak bolsters and the seat bottom angle was too flat, and there was no adjustment, so you feel like you are being pitched forward out of the seat.

I hope Scout Motors designs and builds their own seats, or at least taps into the VW knowledgeable. We used to have a 3rd gen Jetta 1.8t, that vehicle had nice seats.
I know not everyone wants power features but I would love power seats included with 3 memory settings. The Bronco is manual only and when a different driver uses it the seats get moved and to move them back is a pain to get exactly into the previous sweet spot. If manual is the only option, design the adjuster to have markings like 1-8 on floor and tilt mechanisms so you know driver 1 is seat 4 and tilt 6, etc…. I’d be Ok with manual if that type of narked system was utilized

Reactions: Harris005
I know not everyone wants power features but I would love power seats included with 3 memory settings. The Bronco is manual only and when a different driver uses it the seats get moved and to move them back is a pain to get exactly into the previous sweet spot. If manual is the only option, design the adjuster to have markings like 1-8 on floor and tilt mechanisms so you know driver 1 is seat 4 and tilt 6, etc…. I’d be Ok with manual if that type of narked system was utilized
A must for an option! If you want manual, get manual...but if you want power options they should be there for an option!! I also know some love the nostalgia of crank windows, but no thank you! Needs power windows for an option as well.