New Scout Trucks To Be Revealed October 24, 2024

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
I thought you would have a shorter wheelbase for the SUV? If so, I thought a removable or replaceable rear top.

Reactions: J Alynn
Jim initially there will be just one wheelbase of the pickup truck in a four door configuration similar in size to other full-size pickup trucks on the market. Lots of possibilities in the future though.
I would hope those possibilities include overall a smaller than full size truck and SUV. We don't ( I dont) need another F150 or Yukon that just happens to be all electric. I would jump all over an R2 rather than an R1.

So if the Scout is 25% or more larger than the last scout II or current Broncos and Wranglers, even Land Cruisers or Pathfinders then I will be disappointed

Reactions: Bodie
I hope International Harvester Red is a color choice. I had a ‘63 Scout 80 that color. Tennoco changed the shade of red in 1985 when they bought the ag division and merged it with Case. Would love to see the Scout in red!!!

Hi All - I am lucky enough to be attending the reveal in person. I am also primarily interested in the truck (coming at it from the perspective of an early adopter, and owner of a 2022 Rivian R1T). Here are some of the things that I will be looking out for as more and more details are revealed over time....

These are in no particular order, just a stream of consciousness really, but feel free to add to the list of "SCOUT Truck Questions" if you have them:

1. Size - How big will these vehicles be? My R1T is almost the perfect size for my purposes, but I could see real value in a slightly bigger bed
2. Storage - How well will the new SM Trucks take advantage of all of the extra space afforded to them with a clean slate
3. Sales & Support - Will we see a direct sales model w/ hybrid service via VWAG
4. Tech - I have become used to Autonomous HWY driving (driver+ / driver assist) and regular SW updates - interested in SM's plans
5. Built Quality - I love the build quality of my R1T for a 1st model year. Some things could be a bit "more rugged" for a truck
6. Upgradeability - Seems to be on a lot of people's minds for after market
7. Performance - Battery, range, charging, tech specs, etc.
8. Carplay - Loved having, learned to live without it, but miss WAZE on the big screen in the R1T (runs in background)
9. Looks - Is it OK to admit it has to look badass? LOL
10. Cost - We know there are targets, but lets see where she lands!
11. Suspension - I love the ride I get in my R1T with Air, but I also tend to run in tough conditions for air over time (Freeze/thaw, lots of mud and dirt in VT during ski season, frost heaves, pot holes, temps that drop to 28 below zero). None of these things are great for longevity when it comes to air, and there are lots of potential benefits to a more traditional truck suspension (perhaps coming with the trade-off of a less forgiving / less refined ride)
12. Warranty - important consideration for first model year anything, but probably more important with a whole new company springing up!

Feel free to tack on if you like. Looking forward to the event in Nashville!

I envy you guys. Nashville is same distance for me as is Charlotte. Is it at Opryland convention center? Been there twice for Kubota conventions and the facility is too notch. For some reason I thought the reveal would take place at the factory.

I am a smaller vehicle person. I presume a truck the size of an F150 carries 50% more battery than a Ranger. And with (oversized) full size trucks leading sales i guess it is a natural target. IH in my opinion only put the Scout name on their existing pickup to boost sales

I don't think IH put Scout names on current and existing trucks of the time.
My thoughts were the Scout was to replace a horse. Jeep was the only 4-wheel at the time but was limited.

Just my $0.02.5.....

Reactions: Derek and J Alynn
My thoughts were the Scout was to replace a horse. Jeep was the only 4-wheel at the time but was limited.

Just my $0.02.5.....
My bad. We had a 1970's Light Line and I had never until recently seen a Terra and none were sold around us even though we also had a Scout II and true the Scout Terra is a whole different animal and just like the Scout 80 paved the way for the Bronco the Terra was a precursor of the Honda Ridgeline, a truck without a separate bed. I will leave out the Rabbit truck and the Brat because they were not of practical size. Someone in my town has a Countryman pickup and it looks like you might be able to fit the contents of a grocery cart but that's all.

Now that I know what a Terra really is I want a Suntanner (and another first to market beating Dakota drop top by 2 decades

Just my $0.02.5.....

My operator's manual says you're right, but I think it's semantics of the time. What most of us call the pickup or truck top was the standard cab top, and the more common full-length top was the Travel-top. I believe the scout was labeled as a "run about" instead of a pickup to differentiate it from the pickups of the era. IH was letting people know it's not JUST a truck, it can be a little of everything.

The modular roof design seems like it was unique at the time. Jeep is probably the closest you can compare to, and they didn't have anything close. You could have a CJ or a truck. Scout let owners have a passenger car, delivery van, convertible, pick up, RV, etc. I don't know another vehicle so versatile in '61.

That's why the new one must have a removable top. That modular roof design is what made the Scout. It's what kicked off the SUV race of the late 60's and 70's. It's why the Bronco, Blazer, and Ramcharger exist, and you'll notice the forgotten one on that list has a solid roof. It inspired the lighter SUVs of the 80's & 90s like the Cherokee, 4Runner, Xterra, etc. Even cross-overs owe their existence to the Scout. That last one might not be the shining light of dignity to us enthusiasts, but look at any grocery store parking lot today and you'll see just how much of an impact that the Scout has had on America.

Hi All - I am lucky enough to be attending the reveal in person. I am also primarily interested in the truck (coming at it from the perspective of an early adopter, and owner of a 2022 Rivian R1T). Here are some of the things that I will be looking out for as more and more details are revealed over time....

These are in no particular order, just a stream of consciousness really, but feel free to add to the list of "SCOUT Truck Questions" if you have them:

1. Size - How big will these vehicles be? My R1T is almost the perfect size for my purposes, but I could see real value in a slightly bigger bed
2. Storage - How well will the new SM Trucks take advantage of all of the extra space afforded to them with a clean slate
3. Sales & Support - Will we see a direct sales model w/ hybrid service via VWAG
4. Tech - I have become used to Autonomous HWY driving (driver+ / driver assist) and regular SW updates - interested in SM's plans
5. Built Quality - I love the build quality of my R1T for a 1st model year. Some things could be a bit "more rugged" for a truck
6. Upgradeability - Seems to be on a lot of people's minds for after market
7. Performance - Battery, range, charging, tech specs, etc.
8. Carplay - Loved having, learned to live without it, but miss WAZE on the big screen in the R1T (runs in background)
9. Looks - Is it OK to admit it has to look badass? LOL
10. Cost - We know there are targets, but lets see where she lands!
11. Suspension - I love the ride I get in my R1T with Air, but I also tend to run in tough conditions for air over time (Freeze/thaw, lots of mud and dirt in VT during ski season, frost heaves, pot holes, temps that drop to 28 below zero). None of these things are great for longevity when it comes to air, and there are lots of potential benefits to a more traditional truck suspension (perhaps coming with the trade-off of a less forgiving / less refined ride)
12. Warranty - important consideration for first model year anything, but probably more important with a whole new company springing up!

Feel free to tack on if you like. Looking forward to the event in Nashville!
I'd love to know towing and payload capacity. I'd intend on using my Scout during harvest season to pull a soybean head or small wagon (full of grain) if it's possible.

Reactions: R1TVT
I'd love to know towing and payload capacity. I'd intend on using my Scout during harvest season to pull a soybean head or small wagon (full of grain) if it's possible.
I agree, I would like to be able to use it for at least a utility trailer to haul random items around or potentially a pop up tent trailer. I'd personally be OK with a 5K tow limit, but that's just me.

Not sure, but I would guess that specs from a 2022 Rivian R1T could serve as a good baseline for towing in a 2026 Scout. Everyone knows that towing long distances with an EV will require more time than an ICE diesel dually, based on charging stops and reduced range. BUT for towing locally, an EV truck is a great option, and my R1T tows up to 11,000 lbs. I only use it to tow a boat locally to a ramp (on occasion), so no issues with towing and tow mode has some great features with the cameras and backing up / lining up a ball (for example).

Not sure, but I would guess that specs from a 2022 Rivian R1T could serve as a good baseline for towing in a 2026 Scout. Everyone knows that towing long distances with an EV will require more time than an ICE diesel dually, based on charging stops and reduced range. BUT for towing locally, an EV truck is a great option, and my R1T tows up to 11,000 lbs. I only use it to tow a boat locally to a ramp (on occasion), so no issues with towing and tow mode has some great features with the cameras and backing up / lining up a ball (for example).
Yeah I ended up looking at what the Rivian can tow and 11,000 is pretty good. As Jamie said I expect it to be comparable to other competitors in the segment such as the R1T. Also guess its not a good question to begin with cause its a spec that'll be listed at some point lol.

I think you'll end up asking all the questions I want to hear answers on at the end of the day. I'm pretty much interested in your 2,4,6,7,10. The rest are nice things to think about as well though, size I'm not to worried about though I did get my first close encounter with a Rivian last month when I parked next to an R1S. That size is pretty nice for a vehicle and as long as the Scout is just as capable in a size similar I wouldn't mind it.