Give us the ‘WOW’

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

J Alynn

Scout Community Veteran
1st Year Member
Nov 14, 2022
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
So I wanted to throw this thought out from an emotional point of view.
I was looking at the new Toyota Land Cruiser today. It’s a good looking vehicle. I think I prefer the modern rectangular headlights more than round which surprises me. Overall they have done a good job. It’s a modern take on a well known “vintage” based vehicle.
That said. There is NO WOW! It checks the various boxes, it’s got heritage and the colors fit the bill. At the same time it doesn’t feel that unique or special.

All that said I can’t seem to make an emotional connection and I HOPE the new Scout doesn’t end up that way.
I truly hope the boxes all get checked but I hope it doesn’t get lost in the minutia and it instantly reads as WOW! I know the goal is to present the new Scout as an evolution as though it was still in production but I hope it doesn’t go too far that the emotion disappears-because then it’s just another SUV.

Reactions: J. Sweat and Bodie
Concur. The new Land Cruiser is “ok”. I like the round lights better. It has nothing that would sway me from a Bronco if I wasn’t waiting for the Scout. The new Scout won’t sway me from a Bronco either if the top doesn’t come off.

Reactions: J Alynn
I would add that adding WOW shouldn't mean over-embellishment. Toyota has jumped the shark on "ruggedness". I haven't seen the new LC in person but the 4Runner, Tacoma, and Tundra are clownish in the amount of styling creases and bulges intended to convey toughness. They just look like they're trying too hard.
I've said it before but to my eye, the Scout II is the perfect 4x4 but there's nothing that really stands out. It's just a clean design with great proportions. I do like the slight fastback slant of the rear window (I think the Traveller has too much slant). There are no giant creased fender bulges/flares, hood scoops or an "angry face". It just looks good. WOW me on features (removeable roof!) and price with a good looking 4x4. Great color choices are also WOW to me.

When the Scout was produced only 1 model year had square lights. I think when most people say "square lights" they are really referring to the bezels. I agree round lights would be much preferred but with square bezels.

Reactions: J Alynn
When the Scout was produced only 1 model year had square lights. I think when most people say "square lights" they are really referring to the bezels. I agree round lights would be much preferred but with square bezels.
I agree and I like the rectangular bezels with round. I was noting the new KC has option of heritage round or more contemporary rectangular look. For that design I wanted to like the round but Toyota just didn’t pull it off very well