Avoiding the nonsense

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

J Alynn

Scout Community Veteran
1st Year Member
Nov 14, 2022
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
So we’ve talked about lots of things and one being getting things right. As a (new) vehicle product I expect some hidden issues. I’ve said before I expect that but hope SM remedies it quickly and professionally. What I don’t want is ridiculous recalls like this one for my daughter’s Bronco (anyone else on here with a newer (2023) Bronco keep an eye out for yours) 😀. How on earth, after three years of production, could something this simple come up.
Scout Motors-PLEASE spend the adequate time in R&D and solve sh*%t like this so as fans we don’t have to waste time going to dealer to fix. I’ve also heard they don’t even have a solution and could be months until they do.
I find the report funny to a sense because drivers may lose patience and not use the belt. Having just gotten hers back after two weeks in the shop to pull the entire engine to fix a valve issue which Ford’s had on multiple engines over the years I just really hope (no ICE in Scout aside) that items like this just get fully reviewed prior to releasing to sales.
Scout engines used to run forever-bottoms rusted out but core items were built so well and I truly hope this occurs when the new Scout is resurrected.

Attachments

• Scout-recall.jpg
    Scout-recall.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: IdahoJOAT
So we’ve talked about lots of things and one being getting things right. As a (new) vehicle product I expect some hidden issues. I’ve said before I expect that but hope SM remedies it quickly and professionally. What I don’t want is ridiculous recalls like this one for my daughter’s Bronco (anyone else on here with a newer (2023) Bronco keep an eye out for yours) 😀. How on earth, after three years of production, could something this simple come up.
Scout Motors-PLEASE spend the adequate time in R&D and solve sh*%t like this so as fans we don’t have to waste time going to dealer to fix. I’ve also heard they don’t even have a solution and could be months until they do.
I find the report funny to a sense because drivers may lose patience and not use the belt. Having just gotten hers back after two weeks in the shop to pull the entire engine to fix a valve issue which Ford’s had on multiple engines over the years I just really hope (no ICE in Scout aside) that items like this just get fully reviewed prior to releasing to sales.
Scout engines used to run forever-bottoms rusted out but core items were built so well and I truly hope this occurs when the new Scout is resurrected.
I just got that recall letter today. I have never had a problem buckling or unbuckling my seatbelt, but I disabled the seatbelt warning with forscan and hardly ever wear it.

Reactions: J Alynn
Bro, there's no fix because it's a design flaw. That's the blunt truth of it, and unfortunately, it's a minor detail that no one thought of and honestly, I'm sitting here like, "****, in all the moving pieces of bringing a vehicle to market, I get that that would get missed."

Shit, I'll even put "missed" in quotes.

Bro, there's no fix because it's a design flaw. That's the blunt truth of it, and unfortunately, it's a minor detail that no one thought of and honestly, I'm sitting here like, "****, in all the moving pieces of bringing a vehicle to market, I get that that would get missed."

Shit, I'll even put "missed" in quotes.
Agreed. Fortunately we haven’t had a problem but a cos for those who do. Just amazes me with all the design time and testing you’d think somebody would’ve encountered it. Unless you are like 4’10 or something then maybe it could be overlooked?

Reactions: IdahoJOAT
Agreed. Fortunately we haven’t had a problem but a cos for those who do. Just amazes me with all the design time and testing you’d think somebody would’ve encountered it. Unless you are like 4’10 or something then maybe it could be overlooked?
It's things like this that I simplify and think of my time in Basic and AIT.

For those that don't know, the Drill Sergeants go around and inspect everyone's lockers. Sure they're looking for prohibited items, but they're also inspecting for uniformity. It's a sign of discipline.

Well, we kept getting tore up. This wasn't right, that wasn't right. Until finally someone hit on it: I was in charge of BDUs on the hanger. Smith was in charge of Class As on the hanger. Green was in charge of socks in the drawer. White was in charge of the boots and shoes under the bed.

That one person went to everyone in the platoon/class and made sure they were ALL the exact same way. And we passed inspection.

So I'd imagine the seatbelt department and the seat department never got to that meeting at 1700 on a Friday before a holiday weekend.