Scout logo ideas

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

J Alynn

Scout Community Veteran
1st Year Member
Nov 14, 2022
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Started doodling Scout logo ideas. Two thoughts I was thinking
1-any color in the logo should be a red tone to tie back to the original iH logos. Maybe it’s a more modern or vintage shade of red.
2-since we are all about heritage and it’s an EV company I think signage should have the whole word on red or the “S” on red and what is on red should be done with white Neon tube lighting. Neon would be a great way to represent Electric and would give a feel of nostalgia.
Other manufacturers are stuck with their current monikers but as a “start-up” there is complete freedom and hey-who doesn’t like a little vintage neon signage.
Then maybe the vehicle logo is classic script with a little pop of red. I liked the square since we all keep saying boxy design and it ties back to a vehicle that thinks OUTSIDE THE BOX.
Critique away.

Attachments

• IMG_4306.jpg
    IMG_4306.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4304.jpg
    IMG_4304.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4305.jpg
    IMG_4305.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 16
boxy and outside the box. if only we were given 5 words to describe Scout haha

I like the script, and agree it's a nice throwback. IMO less is always more when it comes to badging. If there are variations of the vehicle (maybe the 4 door gets badged "Scout Traveler" vs "Scout" or whatever) a second text would be needed. Maybe something more ridged with distinct kerning to stand out from the flowing script. (image)

Is Scout Motors looking into a decal/logo design?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230116_175844.png
    Screenshot_20230116_175844.png
    577.1 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: J Alynn
boxy and outside the box. if only we were given 5 words to describe Scout haha

I like the script, and agree it's a nice throwback. IMO less is always more when it comes to badging. If there are variations of the vehicle (maybe the 4 door gets badged "Scout Traveler" vs "Scout" or whatever) a second text would be needed. Maybe something more ridged with distinct kerning to stand out from the flowing script. (image)

Is Scout Motors looking into a decal/logo design?
I like your thoughts on the model name being boxy and rigid like the photo you dropped and hope they have the rights to some of the old model names.
I may have heard they are working on developing it further but know idea where they are. I think the Scout script is a no-brainer to keep that in the final look- just think they have to create the final branding image. I started playing b/c I deal a lot with graphics and like thinking through details like this.
I even starting rethinking the square today for a red circle for the dot on the early iH logo but then I started thinking it might be perceived as a Japanese (flag) based product and I definitely want the built in USA to not be lost or confused.

Reactions: Rallye
Jeff, I like your drawings, and right now, some of the concepts we have tossed around aren't far off from your middle drawing. The script "Scout" logo is iconic and uniquely Scout and not many brands have the ability to lean on that heritage and history.

Scout branding is still an ongoing project with the traditional script "Scout" still heavily in the mix.

One last thought. Somebody on another thread mention light up logos. I’m generally not a fan but if the logo could just have the script light up just a touch-not like Mercedes where you see it 500 yards away but just enough to tie to neon signage and a reference to electric that might be cool. Just keep it understated and tasteful

One last thought. Somebody on another thread mention light up logos. I’m generally not a fan but if the logo could just have the script light up just a touch-not like Mercedes where you see it 500 yards away but just enough to tie to neon signage and a reference to electric that might be cool. Just keep it understated and tasteful
Thought of this post regarding a light up logo when I saw this video today. Pricey, so not likely a good fit. However, cool technology...for your viewing pleasure anyway.

Thought of this post regarding a light up logo when I saw this video today. Pricey, so not likely a good fit. However, cool technology...for your viewing pleasure anyway.
That’s Amazing. I think it would be more fun to paint like 10 drones and convince entire towns that UFO’s exist. Haha!
Seriously though that is really cool

Reactions: Harris005