Welcome and Introductions!

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Wow! We’re in the midst of a celebrity here in the car world! 😉 @Jamie@ScoutMotors

So cool that you’re involved with Scout. Met Scott Keogh at the Harvester Homecoming at our VW booth. He’s done such great things for VW over the years, I’m thrilled to see him heading the team.

Ha, not sure about celebrity, but I have been very fortunate to do what I love. Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you got to meet Scott. He's a great guy and really understands the significance of what we are trying to do. Meanwhile I'm still in the VW family till I can get my hands on a Scout... 🍻

Thank you for having me. I am excited to see what is going to happen with the new Scout and what else is coming in the future. Thank you for having me.

Reactions: Jamie@ScoutMotors
Congrats Jaime and to VW for the rebirth of the Scout! The market needs these vehicles. I grew up with a 1950 Willys and my Dad’s friends had Broncos and Scouts. Scout will be a great addition to the new golden age of off roaders.

Is: also a former vortex member. Miss my GTI!

Congrats to Scout USA team.
Thanks for the add.
Old guy here, but was a big fan back in the day of the Scout. Styling was cool and exciting and with a couple of tweaks would look modern on the road today.
I like the direction that your sketches suggest.
looking forward to the future Scout.

Great to see the site up and the forum rolling! As a current International Dealer, and Scout owner, can't wait to add the new Scout to the lineup! Nice to meet you Jamie! Haven't had a chance to meet Scott yet, but have extended an invitation to him to drop by and see me next time he is in the North Texas area. But the big question.....can I place my order yet? :)

Great to see the site up and the forum rolling! As a current International Dealer, and Scout owner, can't wait to add the new Scout to the lineup! Nice to meet you Jamie! Haven't had a chance to meet Scott yet, but have extended an invitation to him to drop by and see me next time he is in the North Texas area. But the big question.....can I place my order yet? :)

Hey Brett, thanks for stopping in. Can't place orders yet, but we will let everyone here know first. 🍺

Was all too thrilled to hear that Scout was going to make a comeback, and as an EV no less! The only vehicle I've got my sights set on that could possibly make me reconsider my Aptera preorder.

I bought a '64 Scout when I was in high school in the early 2000s (4cyl, 3spd) and loved it to death apart from the gearing that wouldn't let it do much more than 55mph - it'd climb trees if you wanted it to though! Easily finds it's place in the top 5 vehicles I've ever owned, and a definite #2 on my list of vehicles I wish I hadn't sold.

Very interested to see what gets announced as far as capability, styling, price, and range are concerned. In a world of $60,000+ SUVs with 20-90% markup I'm really hoping for a bare bones, 240mile range, capable 2-door that won't break the bank, but regardless I'm mostly just excited to see the nameplate back in action.

I suppose I never really introduced myself.

Name's Rodger, and I have always loved offroading. From our 98 Grizzly to my 89 Ramcharger, then 98 Dakota, then Humvees, 2.5 and 5 tons, HEMTTs.

I bought my first Scout while in Iraq. We were all 20-25 and soending our money. And while others bought a TJ, a YJ, a 2 door XJ, 4 door XJ, regular cab stepside Chevy 1500... I had a kid.

We enjoyed trail riding and camping. I needed something with character but space. Freedom but comfort.

And I found it in Ol Betty, a 1979 Scout II with the 345/727 on 33" MTs, 2" spacer and 2" shackle.

And she is still the biggest mistake of my life. But she fit the bill! I saw all the potential...

So when a 1971 Scout II, SOA lift, Tom Woods rear driveline, Anything Scout 6 point cage, 35" BFG MTs, Optima Red Top, F-150 extended shock towers, hunsaker front seats with 5 point harnesses, lunchbox locker in the rear, front D44, front disc brakes, headers, flowmaster 70 series, new gauges, 12 volt wiring done, 345/T19 AND TBI from a 1990 GM pickup... for $2500?!

Well I had to go look at it despite the massive oil leak and no oil pressure. It ran good...

And it did run good. Even in the dark i made plans and 4 days shook hands on it, snipped the analog oil line going to the gauge that had melted on the header and put on a $4 brass coupler.

Drove her home.

Had such great times in Middleton Maggie. Just search for her on Google and YouTube and you'll see our adventures.

I am soo looking forward to retiring here in about 3 years and having Noelani to cruise home in.

Edit: Added pictures and video link.

Attachments

• 1697_45130735582_2691_n.jpg
    1697_45130735582_2691_n.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 1927830_48831510582_1848_n.jpg
    1927830_48831510582_1848_n.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 1927830_48831500582_1228_n.jpg
    1927830_48831500582_1228_n.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 1927830_48831460582_9028_n.jpg
    1927830_48831460582_9028_n.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 2
  • 1927830_48831595582_6183_n.jpg
    1927830_48831595582_6183_n.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 1927830_48831610582_6853_n.jpg
    1927830_48831610582_6853_n.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 35865_406831450582_5285571_n.jpg
    35865_406831450582_5285571_n.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 2318_53026115582_9286_n.jpg
    2318_53026115582_9286_n.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 2
  • memorialday068.jpg
    memorialday068.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 3
  • memorialday109.jpg
    memorialday109.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hey All,

I'm personally stoked to see so many people on here and want to say a massive thanks for joining and getting the discussions rocking’ & rollin’!

Everybody here at Scout is really excited to get things up and running, and we’re all looking forward to keeping in touch with you guys here!

A little bit about myself… my name’s Chris (chris@scoutmotors), and I work at Scout as the head of content and community. I’m also overseeing events, have a hand in branding, and am the primary touchpoint for comms... so essentially all the fun jobs. I started about 4-weeks ago, as employee 5, and came over from working almost 9-years at VW of America as the head of photo and video content for PR/Comms. Before VW, I worked freelance in TV, commercial, and film, and managed content production for a media outlet.

I've always been a big car, outdoors, and adventure guy, so naturally, off-roading and overlanding took the sweet spot in terms of the automotive culture that I have fallen most in love with. I currently drive a 2006 TJ Unlimited Rubicon that I take out to the trail on the weekends (I know, I know, it's a Jeep in a Scout forum), but I'm in the market for a historic Scout of my own, to add to my garage and work on.

I'm really excited to get to chat with all of you on here and will be traveling around the country over the next 6 months to meet up with the various clubs, communities, and enthusiasts that have kept the spirit of Scout strong, host events, and shoot content for our channels. I'll keep a running tally over in Scout Motors Events and Appearances of where I'll be and when, upcoming events, and will keep you posted on new content that we'll be shooting. Feel free to ping me in there, or message me elsewhere around the forums to keep in touch!

Looking forward to hearing all of your thoughts, suggestions, opinions, and questions!

Chris

Hey All,

I'm personally stoked to see so many people on here and want to say a massive thanks for joining and getting the discussions rocking’ & rollin’!

Everybody here at Scout is really excited to get things up and running, and we’re all looking forward to keeping in touch with you guys here!

A little bit about myself… my name’s Chris (chris@scoutmotors), and I work at Scout as the head of content and community. I’m also overseeing events, have a hand in branding, and am the primary touchpoint for comms... so essentially all the fun jobs. I started about 4-weeks ago, as employee 5, and came over from working almost 9-years at VW of America as the head of photo and video content for PR/Comms. Before VW, I worked freelance in TV, commercial, and film, and managed content production for a media outlet.

I've always been a big car, outdoors, and adventure guy, so naturally, off-roading and overlanding took the sweet spot in terms of the automotive culture that I have fallen most in love with. I currently drive a 2006 TJ Unlimited Rubicon that I take out to the trail on the weekends (I know, I know, it's a Jeep in a Scout forum), but I'm in the market for a historic Scout of my own, to add to my garage and work on.

I'm really excited to get to chat with all of you on here and will be traveling around the country over the next 6 months to meet up with the various clubs, communities, and enthusiasts that have kept the spirit of Scout strong, host events, and shoot content for our channels. I'll keep a running tally over in Scout Motors Events and Appearances of where I'll be and when, upcoming events, and will keep you posted on new content that we'll be shooting. Feel free to ping me in there, or message me elsewhere around the forums to keep in touch!

Looking forward to hearing all of your thoughts, suggestions, opinions, and questions!

Chris
Chris,
I love that fact that employee(s) of Scout have started with a sense of community. This shows a passion and authentic approach in meeting the customers desire. Being involved in scout events you'll quickly be absorbed in its rich heritage and thus far the fourm members seem to carry similar preferences in what they want in the next lineup. You have a full plate at Scout as you aim to target a wide range of audience while dtaying true to the roots and introducing modern technologies with a target price point. However, it's a task that will be enjoyable as many with create ever lasting memories as it's more than a vehicle, it's sense of identity and adventure. Good luck!
-Jesse

Hey All,

Chris
Dude, that TJUR is legit. That's like, the perfect 2 door Jeep... no lie.

Reactions: Chris@ScoutMotors
Chris,
I love that fact that employee(s) of Scout have started with a sense of community. This shows a passion and authentic approach in meeting the customers desire. Being involved in scout events you'll quickly be absorbed in its rich heritage and thus far the fourm members seem to carry similar preferences in what they want in the next lineup. You have a full plate at Scout as you aim to target a wide range of audience while dtaying true to the roots and introducing modern technologies with a target price point. However, it's a task that will be enjoyable as many with create ever lasting memories as it's more than a vehicle, it's sense of identity and adventure. Good luck!
-Jesse
For sure Jesse and stoked that you guys are excited to be able to get in touch with us and be a part of this journey.

Having had the chance to chat on the phone with some of the community and meet with a few of the Scouts West guys this past weekend, it's clear that the community is not only passionate about the culture, heritage, and spirit of Scout, but dedicated to supporting each other as well and that's been really inspiring to see. It's a genuine community with a strong heritage that we deeply respect and want to continue into the next generation of Scout vehicles.

And I think you hit the nail on the head there in terms of the breadth of the community, retaining heritage and spirit while bringing the next generation Scout into the future, and making sure the vehicle is capable while at a target price point. It's been an engaging puzzle to solve, not an easy one, but part of that is because the team here is really passionate about doing right by this vehicle.

Nonetheless, as you mentioned, it's been super cool to work with them on it every day to bring this to life, and I'm really excited to keep in touch with you all, and to share your thoughts and feedback as we keep moving forward!

I'm so stoked for this new truck/suv to come out, unfortunately I doubt I'll be able to afford one...either way I'm excited to follow this as it evolves!IMG_0600.jpg IMG_0596.jpg

My guy 🤘. She's my baby... took a few years to find a clean manual at a decent price, but FB marketplace came through. Dropping a new lift, tires, and shock setup this winter.
AND a manual? I mean, the auto hooked up in the JL is pretty amazing, but for the 4.0L having a manual is the bomb.

Yeah the cost is concerning, but I've already warned the wife that her 4xe is getting traded in for it... as long as there's a fun color.

Reactions: SurfScout
Yeah the cost is concerning, but I've already warned the wife that her 4xe is getting traded in for it... as long as there's a fun color.

The team is trying very hard to keep the price point down as much as possible. The car market is nuts right now so hopefully, things get better once supply issues start to level back out.