So what does everyone think of the first new Scout designs...

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Agree with a lot of my scout members, I have a 1977 scout II and I love it. It is a 2 door and the top has to be removable. I sure hope it doesn’t look like the rivian or new bronco. I am looking for that classic look and ruggedness that appealed to many Americans

Just pick up where they left off…. They have subdued and dark colors Ali g with some that you never see anymore. It’s actually amazing how few options there are today.

Attachments

• A384B955-CABD-42B0-AFA1-531A9B214675.jpeg
    A384B955-CABD-42B0-AFA1-531A9B214675.jpeg
    620.4 KB · Views: 11
  • F6A6651D-60DC-4449-8416-541FAAD7A44A.jpeg
    F6A6651D-60DC-4449-8416-541FAAD7A44A.jpeg
    305.5 KB · Views: 11
Sell all the colors but I will never buy a black, white or gray/silver vehicle. What do I know though, I like pleated pants.

So I think it is fairly safe to assume we will have a few "standard" colors in addition to retro colors. We have a scan of the CT399 color palette that International Harvester originally offered. Lots of ground to cover between now and then, but the team here wants to see a robust and fun palette. 🍻

The SUV design direction is just right for me. If I could place my deposit for a reservation today, I would do it based on these drawings.

Wish List of preferences:
  • I do not want/need a convertible top or removable doors. Make a lower cost option for me ;)
  • I prefer having an extended driving range of 330+ miles to having sub-4 second 0-60 acceleration
  • Rubber floor mats and marine grade vinyl interior option
  • Minimum 33" tires, preferably 35"; (equivalent capability to having a 4.56 - 4.7 final drive ratio)

Reactions: LastDayScout
I think the pickup should be pretty much the same body as the Traveler was to the Scout II. I never liked the kickup of the rear side window on the Scout II though. I owned a 68 800 V8 with both tops for about 15 years. Daily driver and hunting rig. Would go anywhere and never let me down. Too low geared for the freeway so definitely needed OD.

Last edited:
I hope you go more retro look to the early Scout body, similar to what the Mustang or Challenger did. 2 door option would be nice.

Reactions: J Alynn
~ but the team here wants to see a robust and fun palette. 🍻
That's the key.

Jeep is synonomous for fun. It's just is. And when you ride in one, with the top down and doors off, that's the experience. It's just, plain, fun.

Scout can invigorate the EV market by being this. Fun. To hell with everyone else. Let them see us not giving a shit what they're driving, but reveling in our own joy.

Reactions: LastDayScout
On the pickup, I wonder if you all are going for something like the Rivian or a Ford Maverick in general esthetic or if you might consider something more traditional in pickup design… or possibly like a Scout Terra. The truck feels like you have a 4 door design in mind with a short bed.
Yeah I would like a more traditional look for the pickup with a full sized bed.

I know this is late, but I’m excited by the potential and thought I’d put in my two cents.

First, the mandatory “I’m a real Scoutie” paragraph.

I spent my formative years in a Scout 800A (metallic blue with white top). When I was a child my parents bought it as our family car. It was used for at least a half-dozen cross country trips as well as on a ranch in West Texas and in soft sand dunes in the Northeast. When I grew up I inherited it and it was my daily driver. Also, some family friends, after they saw us enjoying our 800A bought themselves a Scout II, so I’m familiar with both.

Now, a very long list of thoughts presented as concisely as possible!

About the New Designs
  • Windows too small, beltline too high.
  • Looks like a “kid killer” (ie can’t see forward).
  • Using Scout II as the basis will result in a more generic looking final product. Using the 800 as the basis will result in something more unique.
  • Not interested in a pickup without a long bed. And don’t need a big double cab killing rear visibility.
  • Styling wise think “intelligent”, “functional”, “industrial”, “commercial” and “minimal”. From that will come a more serious design which will contrast well to the current trend towards goofy, cartoonish vehicles.
  • Don’t compromise the design for features that very few will actually use. That results in a design that is worse for everyone.
Useful
  • Function-wise think “road, ranch and the wilds”, not “rock crawling”. In other words, it can get you anywhere and help you get anything done you want done, but it itself is not the destination.
  • Hose out interior, including seats.
  • Pass through to frunk for very long lumber (ala Bollinger).
  • Sheet of plywood?
  • 240V outlet (run your house/cabin’s power from the car)
  • Removable back seats? Came in handy in my 800A.
Maneuverable
  • Small turning circle.
  • As narrow as possible.
  • As small as possible.
Comfortable
  • Great road ride (air & active suspension).
  • Very quiet on the highway.
  • Seat controls on door where you can see them.
  • Don’t target rock crawling (too many compromises in other areas).
A Great EV
  • Smallest wheels possible and don’t require larger wheels for any trim. (Besides, by the time this comes out, oversized wheels will probably be no longer trendy).
  • Heat pump on all versions (important for both hot and cold weather).
  • In-car camping (an EV strength!). Completely flat floor with 6+ ft length.
  • The pedestrian safety noise should be as quiet as possible. And why not make it sound like an engine so everyone knows it’s a car without looking? Possible to turn off when off road?
  • Charge port in the front, just offset from where the winch option will be.
  • 800V, fast charging (20 minutes)
Safe
  • Physical controls for all common functions used while driving
  • Great visibility in all directions.
  • Hi-res matrix headlights (ala Mercedes and Audi). Active headlights are now legal and making the scout one of the first domestic vehicles to have them would be a good differentiator. You can do them now or play catch up later.
  • Great emergency braking.
  • Don’t care about driving assistant.
  • Strong solid doors for when you get T-boned by some kid.
Other
  • Great privacy policies. Which also means doing things yourself so you can control user data.
  • Own the IP. More optimal (ie cheaper to produce and more reliable) final design, and much faster/cheaper changes going forward.
  • Top off is fun, but probably won’t use it much myself. If the interior is durable, might remove the top to convert the SUV into a pickup for use around the property.

Albal, I agree with just about everything you listed but you are definitely wrong about the 800 being the better Scout design. The Scout II is by far the best looking, most well portioned 4x4 ever. I wish it was generic, then I’d have lots of choices.

Kidding of course, I know design is subjective.

I know this is late, but I’m excited by the potential and thought I’d put in my two cents.

First, the mandatory “I’m a real Scoutie” paragraph.

I spent my formative years in a Scout 800A (metallic blue with white top). When I was a child my parents bought it as our family car. It was used for at least a half-dozen cross country trips as well as on a ranch in West Texas and in soft sand dunes in the Northeast. When I grew up I inherited it and it was my daily driver. Also, some family friends, after they saw us enjoying our 800A bought themselves a Scout II, so I’m familiar with both.

Now, a very long list of thoughts presented as concisely as possible!

About the New Designs
  • Windows too small, beltline too high.
  • Looks like a “kid killer” (ie can’t see forward).
  • Using Scout II as the basis will result in a more generic looking final product. Using the 800 as the basis will result in something more unique.
  • Not interested in a pickup without a long bed. And don’t need a big double cab killing rear visibility.
  • Styling wise think “intelligent”, “functional”, “industrial”, “commercial” and “minimal”. From that will come a more serious design which will contrast well to the current trend towards goofy, cartoonish vehicles.
  • Don’t compromise the design for features that very few will actually use. That results in a design that is worse for everyone.
Useful
  • Function-wise think “road, ranch and the wilds”, not “rock crawling”. In other words, it can get you anywhere and help you get anything done you want done, but it itself is not the destination.
  • Hose out interior, including seats.
  • Pass through to frunk for very long lumber (ala Bollinger).
  • Sheet of plywood?
  • 240V outlet (run your house/cabin’s power from the car)
  • Removable back seats? Came in handy in my 800A.
Maneuverable
  • Small turning circle.
  • As narrow as possible.
  • As small as possible.
Comfortable
  • Great road ride (air & active suspension).
  • Very quiet on the highway.
  • Seat controls on door where you can see them.
  • Don’t target rock crawling (too many compromises in other areas).
A Great EV
  • Smallest wheels possible and don’t require larger wheels for any trim. (Besides, by the time this comes out, oversized wheels will probably be no longer trendy).
  • Heat pump on all versions (important for both hot and cold weather).
  • In-car camping (an EV strength!). Completely flat floor with 6+ ft length.
  • The pedestrian safety noise should be as quiet as possible. And why not make it sound like an engine so everyone knows it’s a car without looking? Possible to turn off when off road?
  • Charge port in the front, just offset from where the winch option will be.
  • 800V, fast charging (20 minutes)
Safe
  • Physical controls for all common functions used while driving
  • Great visibility in all directions.
  • Hi-res matrix headlights (ala Mercedes and Audi). Active headlights are now legal and making the scout one of the first domestic vehicles to have them would be a good differentiator. You can do them now or play catch up later.
  • Great emergency braking.
  • Don’t care about driving assistant.
  • Strong solid doors for when you get T-boned by some kid.
Other
  • Great privacy policies. Which also means doing things yourself so you can control user data.
  • Own the IP. More optimal (ie cheaper to produce and more reliable) final design, and much faster/cheaper changes going forward.
  • Top off is fun, but probably won’t use it much myself. If the interior is durable, might remove the top to convert the SUV into a pickup for use around the property.
Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar. This is excellent and I share nearly all your sentiments!

Well I guess our early ideas about service vehicles aren’t original anymore

Reactions: Harris005