So what does everyone think of the first new Scout designs...

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
My daughter just found this interior in a Porsche resto. At age 18 she said this would be a cool interior look for the new Scout. Retro and modern all in one. I think a spin on this could be a cool option. Like the leather bolsters and houndstooth inserts. This or something very similar-inside the copper exterior with white or tan top screams modern day Rockwell painting

Attachments

• IMG_4110.PNG
    IMG_4110.PNG
    280.9 KB · Views: 16
I really like the current SUV design. Would like to keep the boxier design, with large wide set wheels. Hope the design leans closer to the Defender vs the Rivian. Would also like to see more trunk space like the Defender 110.

My daughter just found this interior in a Porsche resto. At age 18 she said this would be a cool interior look for the new Scout. Retro and modern all in one. I think a spin on this could be a cool option. Like the leather bolsters and houndstooth inserts. This or something very similar-inside the copper exterior with white or tan top screams modern day Rockwell painting

This is on the list. 🍺

I really like the current SUV design. Would like to keep the boxier design, with large wide set wheels. Hope the design leans closer to the Defender vs the Rivian. Would also like to see more trunk space like the Defender 110.

We are designing this to accommodate wider wheels. Brake size will be tricky due to the weight and regenerative aspect, but hopefully, we can find a compromise that balances being able to install a smaller wheel.

In terms of the Defender, one of the things that compromise it a bit is the rear design that comes in so that the fenders flare out which reduces the rear cargo space a little bit. I think the Scout SUV will actually have comparable or more space, but the dimensions aren't finalized.

Love this retro look!

A lot of us Scout enthusiast (and others) would love this, but I would make it an option for each buyer. I could see the general population questioning it.

Reactions: Jamie@ScoutMotors
Would love to see some classic vintage leather seats, like these!
Thinking any and all seating offered should have bits of retro. Broncos and Jeeps are decent but lack a bit of character when it comes to the seating. Be it all leather, vinyl or cloth (plaids and houndstooth) or mix they should all have a nod to vintage. It’s about the heritage of these vehicles. Maybe I’m out on a limb but I’d pay a couple grand more to know the “cool” factor elements were part of the vehicle all along even if it’s just an upper tier “vintage” model that still gives me some choices in seating, dash trim, wheels and exterior color combos. Ultimately these choices should be independent like the European manufactures do it. Just because I pick aqua marine/white exterior shouldn’t mean I have to have gray interior. That’s what makes Scout Awesome-the individuality of each owner and their vehicle. Sure I can order covers from Katzkin or rims from Rhino but that’s more work for me. Some buyers want to add and customize the day they get it home be it mudflaps or a full blown overlanding setup. Others like myself don’t want all of that but want choices to make it special for me. I mentioned earlier on-we all Aspire to something and if you can make that possible you’ll sell Scouts all day long.

Saw this recently on BaT, one of the best interior's I've seen on a classic truck.

Reactions: Harris005
Saw this recently on BaT, one of the best interior's I've seen on a classic truck.

I gave up black interiors two cars ago because they get so hot in the summer but that is a great interior. Very nice find

Loving the plaid seat idea! Avocado & gold, with Emerald Green metallic paint & gold stripe! As long as it's not the old embossed, plaid vinyl with the seam piping that got hard & crunchy....

One question that has always bothered me is this - why are EV's, with their issue of range/ battery capacity, always loaded down with power-robbing electronic gizmos, lights, "convenience" & "safety" systems, & on & on? Wouldn't those electrons be better spent getting us a few more miles down the road (or out of the desert) rather than opening the hatch from the driver's seat? Or at least give us the option of a more basic, utilitarian, functional package? Maybe with navi/ comms/ diagnostics that can be turned off to save juice? (Yes, I turn the lights off when I leave a room too....)

Thanks for your time-
Randy

In overall length? With a full-size bed, yes, the pickup truck will be bigger than the SUV. Dimensions aren't final yet.
So as long as those drawings arn't drawn to scale. It just looks (in the picture) that the wheelbase is considerably shorter. Is it safe to assume that the wheelbases will be roughly the same?

So as long as those drawings arn't drawn to scale. It just looks (in the picture) that the wheelbase is considerably shorter. Is it safe to assume that the wheelbases will be roughly the same?

I wouldn't assume they would be the same. The pickup truck requirements may be different than the SUV. But like I mentioned before, dimensions aren't finalized.

So let's ask this question: what does everyone think the SUV should compete with from a size standpoint? And second question, what vehicles should the Scout pickup truck compete with?

Reactions: Rustic_father