So what does everyone think of the first new Scout designs...

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Having grown up with a Grandfather that owned a Scout, I will echo what others have said….Thank you for bringing it back.

1. If it’s not convertible it’s just another SUV.
2. My Grandfather had multiple tops. One was a truck cap and another was a full cap. He liked that he could haul items, or put the SUV top on and haul the family. No other convertible SUV has this option and would truly set the new Scout apart. The Jeep Gladiator is close, but it looks to long and narrow.

Thanks again.

Reactions: SpaceCityScout
Having grown up with a Grandfather that owned a Scout, I will echo what others have said….Thank you for bringing it back.

2. My Grandfather had multiple tops. One was a truck cap and another was a full cap. He liked that he could haul items, or put the SUV top on and haul the family. No other convertible SUV has this option and would truly set the new Scout apart. The Jeep Gladiator is close, but it looks to long and narrow.

Thanks again.
Great thought. Goes back to the general theme of everyone wanting modular components

At the moment, a 2-door isn't in the plans. However, that's not to say that it isn't something that could be brought to the table for consideration in the future.
Thank you for being upfront. I have no interest in a LWB Moar Door SUV. Hopefully, the design team is still open to a 2-dr SWB. Otherwise all the talk of Scout Motors being cognizant of the Scout heritage is just lip service.

Thanks again.
To translate for people not from the part of the country the poster is from (New England I assume) a "cap" is what other parts of the country call a "canopy", "topper" or "shell". I imagine there are more regional terms I don't even know about. I grew up in the Northwest where we always say "canopy" and was well into my '20s before I ever heard the term "cap", lol.

Thank you for being upfront. I have no interest in a LWB Moar Door SUV. Hopefully, the design team is still open to a 2-dr SWB. Otherwise all the talk of Scout Motors being cognizant of the Scout heritage is just lip service.

It comes down to the issue that a 2-door with a shorter wheelbase will reduced battery capacity over the 4-door. So do you do a 2-door with the same wheelbase length as the 4-door? Or do you wait and see if battery technology improves over the next two years and opens the door to offer it in the future?

It comes down to the fact that a 2-door shorter wheelbase would have a reduced battery capacity over the 4-door. So do you do a 2-door with the same wheelbase length as the 4-door? Or do you wait and see if battery technology improves over the next two years and opens the door to offer it in the future?
I get the design constraints, but it seems by the answer by you and Chris that 2-dr is just wishlist item and not a fundamental design consideration. I don't see how only designing for a 4-dr plays to the heritage that you Scout Motors speaks of. Seems like the designers should be trying to clear the hurdle and stay true to the heritage instead of giving up by not running the race.

I'm strictly a 2-dr buyer and would consider it in a LWB. But an extra set of doors is a deal killer for me.

As I’m sitting stuffed from too much turkey and desserts I decided to play with some thoughts on headlight design details including DRLs, headlight and grill insert. Thinking about a super-fine LED outline on a rounded corner/square bezel with a full round headlight. Since Bronco is a round halo light and Wrangler also offers halo I wanted to stay away from that and just do a solid round light. A super thin LED around the square housing would reinforce the bezel shape while keeping the look different from the other two vehicles. We’ve talked interchangeable grills but thought that since there technically doesn’t need to be a true venting grill a black colored back grill could be molded in a modern pattern that sneaks in the original iH logo as an Easter egg item. If the frunk does need some fresh air to toss in a running compressor some of the black grill portion could be open to allow airflow. Was even thinking maybe the bulb housings within the round headlight could be an abstract hidden iH pattern. I kept the front turn signal indicator simple to mimic the original (realize a side signal will also be needed and can also be simple to look heritage) and also threw in 2 horizontal slots below the interchangeable grill to carry a heritage element. And what the hell-threw on a chrome Scout logo to replace the original iH rectangular logo-probably a little big as I look at the scale but think it conveys ideas as a rough sketch.

Attachments

• IMG_4050.jpg
    IMG_4050.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 39
As I’m sitting stuffed from too much turkey and desserts I decided to play with some thoughts on headlight design details including DRLs, headlight and grill insert. Thinking about a super-fine LED outline on a rounded corner/square bezel with a full round headlight. Since Bronco is a round halo light and Wrangler also offers halo I wanted to stay away from that and just do a solid round light. A super thin LED around the square housing would reinforce the bezel shape while keeping the look different from the other two vehicles. We’ve talked interchangeable grills but thought that since there technically doesn’t need to be a true venting grill a black colored back grill could be molded in a modern pattern that sneaks in the original iH logo as an Easter egg item. If the frunk does need some fresh air to toss in a running compressor some of the black grill portion could be open to allow airflow. Was even thinking maybe the bulb housings within the round headlight could be an abstract hidden iH pattern. I kept the front turn signal indicator simple to mimic the original (realize a side signal will also be needed and can also be simple to look heritage) and also threw in 2 horizontal slots below the interchangeable grill to carry a heritage element. And what the hell-threw on a chrome Scout logo to replace the original iH rectangular logo-probably a little big as I look at the scale but think it conveys ideas as a rough sketch.
Thanksgiving served you well! I like this design and the subtle throwback. This screams Scout from the past. I really like the DRL's and gave alot of though behind the fog lights. Glad you incorporated the fog light in the grill and not the bumper as the older Scouts had these placed just below the headlights. You inspired me to do this myself as I have been thinking about this. How wild would it be if Scout Motor Co. Used designed created by consumer from this very forum.

I like that you used yellow to color the lights. I hope Scout chooses 2700-3000k (yellowish white) color temperature lights for this application. I hope it’s doesn’t have the eye-searing color of 4000-5000k (whitish blue) like so many modern vehicles use.

I like that you used yellow to color the lights. I hope Scout chooses 2700-3000k (yellowish white) color temperature lights for this application. I hope it’s doesn’t have the eye-searing color of 4000-5000k (whitish blue) like so many modern vehicles use.
Funny you noticed that because I almost threw light blue on there and changed my mind (same reason i did the main round in yellow but thinking safety rating may require a brighter light but hoping they could still pull it off with a warmer 3000k tone. I know 3500k gets closer to neutral white but I liked the slight touch of yellow. Not as extreme as the Kia Telluride because their DRL is orange-yellow but just enough to warm it up and feel a bit more traditional

Funny you noticed that because I almost threw light blue on there and changed my mind (same reason i did the main round in yellow but thinking safety rating may require a brighter light but hoping they could still pull it off with a warmer 3000k tone. I know 3500k gets closer to neutral white but I liked the slight touch of yellow. Not as extreme as the Kia Telluride because their DRL is orange-yellow but just enough to warm it up and feel a bit more traditional
These are Holley Retrobright bulbs. I’m using them on my Jeep restoration. They are very bright but have the correct color. By that I mean the one on the middle. They are 7” round and meet DOT standards.
6CE986A9-EFC9-47BE-873D-4BBF461E36DE.jpeg

I didn’t mention it, but the Retrobrights are LED.
Soon ideas turn into part bins for miles but maybe there’s a place for both. The warm light for those of us that want the retro/heritage feel and the blue/white color for a modern Scout model?
Would be really cool if they could set the headlights and DRLs on an adjustable color mod that would allow buyers the choice of either. Not talking rainbow spectrum but just a warm and cool. If not I’m still in for warmer color like in your posted photo because it certainly would set it apart from the Bronco

Reactions: JeepingJames4x4
Soon ideas turn into part bins for miles but maybe there’s a place for both. The warm light for those of us that want the retro/heritage feel and the blue/white color for a modern Scout model?
Would be really cool if they could set the headlights and DRLs on an adjustable color mod that would allow buyers the choice of either. Not talking rainbow spectrum but just a warm and cool. If not I’m still in for warmer color like in your posted photo because it certainly would set it apart from the Bronco
Great idea and that’s relatively easy to do!

Hello everyone and welcome to the forum!

My name is Jamie Vondruska and I'm part of the community team here at Scout Motors and will be helping to get these forums going, answer questions to the best of my ability, and overall make sure your stay here is comfortable and fun. Chris@scoutmotors and I will be regularly chiming in on the discussion, posting new Scout news, occasionally cleaning house, and doing our best to participate as much as we can.

As you would imagine, there is a LOT going on behind the scenes when you start a new car company from the ground up and it is incredibly exciting to watch it come together. One of the things our management team wanted to see from the start was a community forum like this one where we can get your feedback, suggestions, and comments and hear your Scout stories. This is a unique situation for any car company and after running one of the largest car forums in the world (VWvortex), I was excited to get involved with Scout. As you can imagine, there are probably still more questions than answers as Scout comes back to life here in the U.S. But we'll do our best to answer them and run all your suggestions by our team. Speaking of the team, they will be actively reading these forums and taking your comments and suggestions to heart, so let us know what you think and you might even see our team members chiming in and asking more questions.

So let's get the ball rolling and talk about the initial Scout concept design sketches that were first released in June of 2022:

View attachment 8

Obvious influences? Nods to previous Scout products? Good start? Headed in the right direction? What does everyone think?

Let's hear it!

- Jamie
The flow of the design looks good. I think the wheel openings need to be elongated towards the bottom of each wheel. The current trend is for the front and rear part of the wheel wells to come straight down. Just compare the current Wagoneer to one from 1980 and you will see what I mean. A flared opening will look much better in person once the wheels and tires are installed.

Took a pencil and started drawing. Very similar to yours but I went with a "IH" Honeycomb style grill. I liked how you incorporated "IH" in the headlamp and thought this could serve as the DRL. I did a more rounded DRL. Will continue to fine tune.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221125_144038_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221125_144038_Gallery.jpg
    605.7 KB · Views: 33
Took a pencil and started drawing. Very similar to yours but I went with a "IH" Honeycomb style grill. I liked how you incorporated "IH" in the headlamp and thought this could serve as the DRL. I did a more rounded DRL. Will continue to fine tune.
I like the honeycomb style as well. I had same thought until I remembered the IH logo is actually a lower case i which still cworks but the dot on i complicates it a bit. Also been wondering if Scout can still use a reference to IH or if that is separate from their use rights. Think the Homage to them would be great. I like the round DRL I just shy’d away from that since Bronco and Jeep both use the round shape and wanted the Scout to differentiate a bit when you see them coming down the road. Coolest part is everyone on here seems to want the same elements so hopefully the Scout team has great insight from their end to create a stellar look

Screwed around with taillights as a play off the new Bronco taillights with semi-hidden’B’ shape. I clipped some OEM scout taillights and think with just LED improvements they are still SO clean and eloquent.
Also was thinking a touch of Linear LED integrated on interior dash would be nice if just a simple clean line. Keep with the warmer colored LEDs. Just a touch of modern but classy and not running all over the cabin

Attachments

• IMG_4057.jpg
    IMG_4057.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4058.PNG
    IMG_4058.PNG
    235.9 KB · Views: 30
Screwed around with taillights as a play off the new Bronco taillights with semi-hidden’B’ shape. I clipped some OEM scout taillights and think with just LED improvements they are still SO clean and eloquent.
Also was thinking a touch of Linear LED integrated on interior dash would be nice if just a simple clean line. Keep with the warmer colored LEDs. Just a touch of modern but classy and not running all over the cabin
Don't know if it was intentional on the taillight reflectors, but I like the three "I"'s. Combined with the "S" you have the Scout III 😁

Reactions: LastDayScout