So what does everyone think of the first new Scout designs...

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
I think the design is a nod to the original Scout and adding the pick up to the line is smart. I for one would like to add the pick up to my garage as I have a 73 Scout that is in the process of restoration. The kink if the far back window is not a blind spot as this is a 4 door design. I think the simplicity of the original Scout is what will make the modern one shine. Rivian has a great looking truck with lots of great features, but the astronomical price on them now are out of reach of most buyers. Most are going for $100k+. What will Scout Motors do?

Reactions: J Alynn
As I’m sitting stuffed from too much turkey and desserts I decided to play with some thoughts on headlight design details including DRLs, headlight and grill insert. Thinking about a super-fine LED outline on a rounded corner/square bezel with a full round headlight. Since Bronco is a round halo light and Wrangler also offers halo I wanted to stay away from that and just do a solid round light. A super thin LED around the square housing would reinforce the bezel shape while keeping the look different from the other two vehicles. We’ve talked interchangeable grills but thought that since there technically doesn’t need to be a true venting grill a black colored back grill could be molded in a modern pattern that sneaks in the original iH logo as an Easter egg item. If the frunk does need some fresh air to toss in a running compressor some of the black grill portion could be open to allow airflow. Was even thinking maybe the bulb housings within the round headlight could be an abstract hidden iH pattern. I kept the front turn signal indicator simple to mimic the original (realize a side signal will also be needed and can also be simple to look heritage) and also threw in 2 horizontal slots below the interchangeable grill to carry a heritage element. And what the hell-threw on a chrome Scout logo to replace the original iH rectangular logo-probably a little big as I look at the scale but think it conveys ideas as a rough sketch.

Love it. Our designers have had some of their own spins on this stuff and I'm going to try and bring this to their attention as well. I know they would get a kick out of it. Nicely done!

No way dude. We're designing this one by reading the Internet and never going outside... :D

I was involved in the original Touareg development a long time ago and our engineers LOVE to break stuff. We literally had to abandon vehicles that had to be rescued later. VW also has an amazing number of offroad proving grounds around the world and a lot of experience with the Dakar Rally as well. Chris and I have also spent a bunch of time on trails and overlanding, so we know where you guys are coming from. When we get to the point that we have some test mules we would love to get the community involved. Stay tuned.
I have a friend who works for Caterpillar and is assigned to test their tracks. One of his assignments is to try to roll over the equipment, he would often brag about how awesome his job and I was silently envious of his career. This is my chance! For the love of God, give me the chance to one up him. 😆

I have a friend who works for Caterpillar and is assigned to test their tracks. One of his assignments is to try to roll over the equipment, he would often brag about how awesome his job and I was silently envious of his career. This is my chance! For the love of God, give me the chance to one up him. 😆
Get in line bruh! :D

Reactions: J Alynn
Jamie
Saw on Facebook the post about finding original Scout designs. Any chance you’ll be sharing them with the gang here on the forum?

@Chris@ScoutMotors

Chris was at that event providing support. It was a Scout and VW management team meeting. Maybe he can tell a little more about it and where those drawings came from. I assume you mean these:

316664328_134471729397720_2697290068863692039_n.jpg

@Chris@ScoutMotors

Chris was at that event providing support. It was a Scout and VW management team meeting. Maybe he can tell a little more about it and where those drawings came from. I assume you mean these:

View attachment 327
That’s what I saw. Was hoping the other packs that weren’t open might be shared too but just awesome to see the original artwork

Reactions: IdahoJOAT
I love the concepts. Maintaining that classic Scout profile I think is key. The concept art does look a bit like a Telluride, but I think that’s because the Telluride has design aspects reminiscent of the Scout II.

Would love to see this modern take also maintain the classic paint jobs. I had a 1978 Scout II, dark green with a good stripe. Just classic. Would love to see that stripe on any new Scout. Makes it distinct.

It comes down to the issue that a 2-door with a shorter wheelbase will reduced battery capacity over the 4-door. So do you do a 2-door with the same wheelbase length as the 4-door? Or do you wait and see if battery technology improves over the next two years and opens the door to offer it in the future?
A 2-door is more about utility than passenger space, so why not keep a typical transmission tunnel layout and fill it with stacked batteries? This allows the standard skateboard battery (albeit a shorter one) below, with secondary capacity in the tunnel. Still allows for four full seats without putting them too high.

I love the concepts. Maintaining that classic Scout profile I think is key. The concept art does look a bit like a Telluride, but I think that’s because the Telluride has design aspects reminiscent of the Scout II.

Would love to see this modern take also maintain the classic paint jobs. I had a 1978 Scout II, dark green with a good stripe. Just classic. Would love to see that stripe on any new Scout. Makes it distinct.
*Gold stripe. It was also good. But meant gold.