Ideas for the scout pickup

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
I think that it would be cool if the rear wall of the cabin could fold up out of the way. This would open up the cabin to the bed. I think that it would make it easier to camp in.

This may seem small and silly, but I want a trash can. Seriously. Every who drives ends up having trash at some point and it always goes in the door cubbies, the cupholders, or the center console. I'd take part of the center console and make that a trash can that closes with a lid and has a removable insert so it's easy to empty and then it's dishwasher safe so it's easy to wash and put back in the truck the next morning. Give it to me!

This may seem small and silly, but I want a trash can. Seriously. Every who drives ends up having trash at some point and it always goes in the door cubbies, the cupholders, or the center console. I'd take part of the center console and make that a trash can that closes with a lid and has a removable insert so it's easy to empty and then it's dishwasher safe so it's easy to wash and put back in the truck the next morning. Give it to me!
Completely agree! I've fabricated my own (small black rectangular) to sit on the floor between the center console and the subwoofer below the radio. I've incorporated a trash can, Purell Holder, Facial Tissue Holder, NotePad...all the things I need at the ready and don't want to dig through the glove box or center consule (which is filled with cables, coin box, wipes, flashlight, etc). And its not very big either.

I know it's hard these days with safety regulations and so on, but having a reasonable bed rail height would be much appreciated. I think mid-size trucks have gone so tall you need to climb a tire to access the cab side of the bed. Specifically, I'm thinking of the Ranger where the tailgate can get close to shoulder height and make it very difficult to access the bed. Probably not much that can be done these days, but it's odd to me that my '74 SII's bed with 6+ total inches of lift over stock (including tires) is the same height as my 2022 Frontier from the factory.

Granted there are more front end Collison rules to comply with compared to the 50s-70s but consider for a moment.....VW has a long history with Cab forward designs be it truck or van. Jeep had a very intriguing FC ( forward cab) pickup. Ford and Dodge had successful forward cab pickup variants of their vans and Chevy, using the unique Corvair architecture had the Rampside pickup with a full flat floor and 3 across in the cab.

EV architecture certainly allows for fivergence from traditional design. Look at Canoo for a minute ( and look away but they have delivered 3 vehicles to the state of Oklahoma where they are being built). Canoo at present is only going to build for large commercial clients which leaves out our small construction company.

Another truck idea that became stillborn due to its initial pricing of 120k was the fold down partitions both front and rear in the Bollinger, allowing for hauling 20' lumber at floor level

I would say Bollinger's value proposition had way more issues than the price point, but that was definitely one of them. Ineos is so underwhelming. Looks like a brand that is trying to gain an exclusive client base by offering a $75K base model that will cost $125K when spec'd properly, then get 14 MPG.

Reactions: ddg520 and J Alynn
I would say Bollinger's value proposition had way more issues than the price point, but that was definitely one of them. Ineos is so underwhelming. Looks like a brand that is trying to gain an exclusive client base by offering a $75K base model that will cost $125K when spec'd properly, then get 14 MPG.
Is that any different than Ford offering Broncos under 40k but to get a Raptor starts at 93k?. Other than lack of horsepower and removable roof and doors the Grenadier won't outprice the Bronco Raptor.

It is unfortunate that the Quartermaster will get slapped with the Chicken Tax making it twice tge price of a decently equipped Gladiator.

If Scout Motors plays it right and keeps pricing competitive with other US built products then I will be happy.

Reactions: ddg520
Nope, not any different really. It looks like an unimpressive vehicle from a spec perspective (other than for the pure overlanding use-case) making it a very niche vehicle, and at least appears on the outside to be targeted toward a very narrow audience. Not a fan, personally, but most particularly b/c I believe it will be unreliable and a bit of a maintenance nightmare with the cobbled together pieces and the lineage of its ancestor.

Is that any different than Ford offering Broncos under 40k but to get a Raptor starts at 93k?. Other than lack of horsepower and removable roof and doors the Grenadier won't outprice the Bronco Raptor.

It is unfortunate that the Quartermaster will get slapped with the Chicken Tax making it twice tge price of a decently equipped Gladiator.

If Scout Motors plays it right and keeps pricing competitive with other US built products then I will be happy.
I would say it’s a little different. Having purchased a Bronco (and I agree with @R1TVT that it will likely be problematic) I think the Bronco line-up has more than enough options in the standard line-up. The Raptor is no different on Bronco than on the F-150. It’s a high end niche vehicle for a very specific group of buyers. My daughter loves the original raptor but had no interest in a Raptor Bronco. The general range of Broncos has a $15-$20K-ish price spread which is reasonable. Ineos, Bollinger and I’ll even say Range Rover are more in line with showing a “base” price then getting an ideal set-up runs 40% or more in increase. I love the Bollinger SUV but as you guys both noted, the end sales price would likely be significantly higher if not double the base price. What Ford did right and hopefully SM’s does as well is gives a mix of end user vehicle types within a reasonable price spread. Granted the other companies are selling exclusivity and those buyers are happy/able to double the price. Most of us don’t have that luxury. Those who want/need a Scout Reaper can or will find a way of justifying $90k+ but my hunch is 95% of buyers will live between $50-65k when it’s all said and done

It would be a cool Idea if they could make the battery easy to replace. If the ground clearance was tall enough for a person to perform a battery drop themselves. My idea was for the suv to have a lock-out tag-out switch system to make sure the power was turned off. And then the battery would disconnect from the car automatically or have a manual lever switch to disconnect the battery by hand.
It would be awesome if a person could perform a battery swap on their own.