The Road to Scout Production - All the latest updates in one place...

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Great to see these photos.
It was with a big lump in my throat that I watched the transport drive away with the Last Scout.
Even so, it is satisfying to be a part of such an endeavor that is so much bigger than any one person!
And thanks to you Mike for entrusting us with your Scout! We haven't gotten photos back from our photographer yet, but I'll let you know when we get them and I'll also post a few here as well.

Jamie

Last edited:
Scout is publishing a quarterly bulletin in the Blythewood, South Carolina paper/website quarterly with updates on the factory. I'll post those up as they become available. This would be separate from our own updates.

View attachment 1702

As someone who lives in Blythewood and attended one of the recent sessions at Doko, I was very happy to see the level of engagement that session offerred.

Long-term I think Scout Motors will have a profound beneficial impact to our local community in many different areas. Some of those areas include economic development, personal wealth improvements, putting us on the SC map, inviting developments and ultimately improving the lives of people in the area who are able to secure employment with Scout.

As a father of very young children, I also hope that Scout can help us improve family activity centers, walking paths, outdoor areas, build nearby parks, educational opportunities and commitments to significant improvements to the Blythewood area.

As someone who lives in Blythewood and attended one of the recent sessions at Doko, I was very happy to see the level of engagement that session offerred.

Long-term I think Scout Motors will have a profound beneficial impact to our local community in many different areas. Some of those areas include economic development, personal wealth improvements, putting us on the SC map, inviting developments and ultimately improving the lives of people in the area who are able to secure employment with Scout.

As a father of very young children, I also hope that Scout can help us improve family activity centers, walking paths, outdoor areas, build nearby parks, educational opportunities and commitments to significant improvements to the Blythewood area.

One of Scout Motor's central pillars is Community. We genuinely want to be good neighbors and I think you will see many examples of that in the future. Change isn't always easy, but we'll do our best to try and make meaningful impacts in the community.

So glad you enjoyed the meetings at Doko. Our team was excited to finally meet people in person and start telling the beginning of our story.

Jamie

Our Blythewood team was on hand at the Blythewood Library for trick or treating.

To introduce a few of our Blythewood locals:

Punam Patel (left) is our Scout South Carolina Liaison. Next to her is Dr. Jans Spies who is overseeing our factory build out. In the middle is Dr. Kim Moore, Superintendent at Richland School District Two. To her right is Lindsay Bago, our new Scout Director of Communications and lastly on the far right is Corey Epps, our Human Resources Director in Blythewood.

Scout Motors is also sponsoring the Blythewood Rodeo this weekend which is the reason for the cowboy hats. Our own Chris Stahl is at the rodeo this weekend and will have some separate photos. Heard a rumor they are letting him release the gates with the riders and bulls. What's the worst thing that could happen? :cool:

1698510573921.jpeg

1698510573832.jpeg

1698510573848.jpeg

IMG_4144.jpg

Our Blythewood team was on hand at the Blythewood Library for trick or treating.

To introduce a few of our Blythewood locals:

Punam Patel (left) is our Scout South Carolina Liaison. Next to her is Dr. Jans Spies who is overseeing our factory build out. In the middle is Dr. Kim Moore, Superintendent at Richland School District Two. To her right is Lindsay Bago, our new Scout Director of Communications and lastly on the far right is Corey Epps, our Human Resources Director in Blythewood.

Scout Motors is also sponsoring the Blythewood Rodeo this weekend which is the reason for the cowboy hats. Our own Chris Stahl is at the rodeo this weekend and will have some separate photos. Heard a rumor they are letting him release the gates with the riders and bulls. What's the worst thing that could happen? :cool:

View attachment 1793

View attachment 1794

View attachment 1795

View attachment 1796
Good stuff! These types of events help embody the commitment Scout Motors (SM) is placing on community. Not only is SM cultivating a strong community among enthusiasts but locals as well. These are the types of opportunities SM is using to validate their value in community.

In my small town here we have quite the stir regarding a potential Dollar General being built within our city limits. The concerns include the esthetics of the building, number of parking space, ease ways, condition of current stores, reputation of brand, heck probably the havoc on plumbing. I can't image the concerns regarding a factory of this magnitude. Change is not easy, however I think SM is doing the right thing with having full transparency and open dialog. While these events may seem like small gestures they will be paramount in developing relationships with the surrounding community. One days you'll be creating memories for kids who will say they trick or treated with SM and will be future owners or possible employees. A strong foundation for creating community is embedded through memories.

Be sure to tell Chris to pivot!

Reactions: J Alynn
Not to sound selfish but I see some sweet Scout sticker swag. Guess I should’ve driven down to SC to participate in the trick or treat.
Also-I see a lot of places do trunk or treat events in parking lots. Maybe next year you’ll have a parking area and can line up 10-15 Scouts and do a trunk or treat event. That would be very cool !

Not to sound selfish but I see some sweet Scout sticker swag. Guess I should’ve driven down to SC to participate in the trick or treat.
Also-I see a lot of places do trunk or treat events in parking lots. Maybe next year you’ll have a parking area and can line up 10-15 Scouts and do a trunk or treat event. That would be very cool !
LOL, @J Alynn , I was thinking the same thing! It's about time for some swag, @Jamie@ScoutMotors!

LOL, @J Alynn , I was thinking the same thing! It's about time for some swag, @Jamie@ScoutMotors!

LOL. We hear you. Those are literally the first stickers we've made. We are working hard to get merchandise going, at least some basic things to start. Chris and I also have some Scout Community specific things we're working on.

LOL. We hear you. Those are literally the first stickers we've made. We are working hard to get merchandise going, at least some basic things to start. Chris and I also have some Scout Community specific things we're working on.
Maybe we need to say "Pleeeeeaaassseee" before and after our "Trick or Treat"? Seems like a lot of us in your community have been filling your goodie bag (aka, suggestion box) with lots of ideas that might be useful, eh? Might that trigger a trick of finding a few envelopes and stamps to distribute any leftover stickers?

Maybe we need to say "Pleeeeeaaassseee" before and after our "Trick or Treat"? Seems like a lot of us in your community have been filling your goodie bag (aka, suggestion box) with lots of ideas that might be useful, eh? Might that trigger a trick of finding a few envelopes and stamps to distribute any leftover stickers?
I’m in. Trick or Treat!!!!! Please Sir, may I have another !!!

Reactions: Jamie@ScoutMotors
Was such a big week traveling and such that I'm writing this update on Saturday... :D

This week was another milestone at Scout. Chris and I spent most of the week in person with nearly all of our engineers and executives for one of the milestone product forums. These are major milestone meetings where all the various teams working on the new Scout trucks give updates on the current status of the project, have an opportunity to sit in one very large place and compare notes with other team members and receive hands on feedback from leadership. Basically a team huddle to make sure everything is moving along on time, roadblocks are overcome and adjustments to any goals are discussed, debated and adjusted if necessary. To accommodate everyone, this is held in a large industrial building where there typically isn't enough room for everyone, so it creates a great scrum atmosphere where you are working right next to the power train team one minute and walking past our CEO the next. I personally met over a dozen people in person for the first time - people that I've been working with virtually for a year now (yes, it has already been a year for me). The excitement is palpable and literally everyone I talked to intentionally wanted to be part of bringing the new Scout to market and is excited by all the possibilities.

Chris and I finding any space we could to collab on a few things:

IMG_4723.jpg

Chris and I met with our new Communications Director and did some long term planning looking at our future factory ground breaking events, unveiling dates and more. Plus mapping out our community upgrades, content plans and much, much more.

In other news, next Tuesday, November 14th is our Scout Community 1st Birthday. Most of you here may have noticed you have a special status as a "1st Year Member". That opportunity to be a first year member expires on November 14th. We will allow a grace period through Friday of next week. If you know anyone interested in the new Scout I would highly (hint, hint) recommend you tell them to register to get 1st Year Member status as it will have perks in the future.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Jamie

Last edited:
Was such a big week that I'm writing this update on Saturday... :D

This week was another milestone Scout. Chris and I spent most of the week in person with nearly all of our engineers and executives for one of the milestone product forums. These are major milestone meetings where all the various teams working on the new Scout trucks give updates on the current status of the project, have an opportunity to sit in one very large place and compare notes with other team members and receive hands on feedback from leadership. Basically a team huddle to make sure everything is moving along on time, roadblocks are overcome and adjustments to any goals are discussed, debated and adjusted if necessary. To accommodate everyone, this is held in a large industrial building where there typically isn't enough room for everyone, so it creates a great scrum atmosphere where you are working right next to the power train team one minute and walking past our CEO the next. I personally met over a dozen people in person for the first time - people that I've been working with virtually for a year now (yes, it has already been a year for me). The excitement is palpable and literally everyone I talked to intentionally wanted to be part of bringing the new Scout to market and is excited by all the possibilities.

Chris and I finding any space we could to collab on a few things:

View attachment 1827

Chris and I met with our new Communications Director and did some long term planning looking at our future factory ground breaking events, unveiling dates and more. Plus mapping out our community upgrades, content plans and much, much more.

In other news, next Tuesday, November 14th is our Scout Community 1st Birthday. Most of you here may have noticed you have a special status as a "1st Year Member". That opportunity to be a first year member expires on November 14th. We will allow a grace period through Friday of next week. If you know anyone interested in the new Scout I would highly (hint, hint) recommend you tell them to register to get 1st Year Member status as it will have perks in the future.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Jamie
GOOOO TEAM!!!! It’s football Saturday so couldn’t help myself. Anxious for all your future content.