The Road to Scout Production - All the latest updates in one place...

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scoutsā„¢. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Just some context to the above, Jan set up Volkswagen's Chattanooga factory (among others worldwide) which went on to be the first LEED Platinum Certified car factory. The new Scout factory will be in good hands.
Hell yeah.

Scott Keogh interview by Jason Stein of Cars and Culture last month and gives some background and insight into Scout Motors:

"[Scout Motors was born September of 2022]". Coming up on a year....any plans to celebrate @Jamie@ScoutMotors ? Sounds like a good month to start kicking out some of that swag to this online group ;)

Hello Scouts!

Just wanted to give a few updates since it has been quiet to all of you but far from quiet on our end behind the scenes... :D

This week, our lead designer, Chris Benjamin, and our CEO Scott Keogh were interviewed in Detroit by the Wall Street Journal video team. That interview should go live in the next couple of weeks.

For those of you following our job postings (HERE), you may have noticed that we have quite a few design and engineering positions, specifically in the Detroit area. We will set up a Design and Engineering Group office (among other positions) in the Detroit area. The final location hasn't been announced yet, but it will be in the Detroit area giving us access to both talent and suppliers. We also have a number of other job positions open, so check in on our latest positions HERE if you are interested.

While Scott Keogh was in Detroit, he met with our design and engineering teams to look at the latest progress and things are moving along nicely. Our designs for the new vehicles should be locked in within the next few months.

Next week, state and county officials from South Carolina in addition to some of our own Scout staff will meet with the local Blythewood community to talk about our factory project, answer questions and offer an opportunity to see our 3D model of the Scout factory:

ScoutMotors-13.jpg

ScoutMotors-12.jpg

ScoutMotors-6.jpg

On the Community and Content front, Chris and I have been busy getting our Scout Blog built and tested. This is the next stage of our Community and Content plans. The blog will have regular content that includes news updates, interviews, vehicle features, history articles, Scout timelines, factory updates, employee biographies, technical deep dives, event coverage and more. Initially we are planning on two articles per week but our calendar is already filling quickly and we can easily see that frequency increase with time. The comment section of the blog should mirror a similar topic in the forums, giving everyone an opportunity to ask questions, make comments and interact with the content we are putting together.

There are video series planned, another round of photo shoots with some very special Scouts and lots more that Chris and I are working on. It is frenetic but fun at the same time and we're excited to share more with all of you.

Have a great weekend!

Jamie

Hello Scouts!

Just wanted to give a few updates since it has been quiet to all of you but far from quiet on our end behind the scenes... :D

This week, our lead designer, Chris Benjamin, and our CEO Scott Keogh were interviewed in Detroit by the Wall Street Journal video team. That interview should go live in the next couple of weeks.

For those of you following our job postings (HERE), you may have noticed that we have quite a few design and engineering positions, specifically in the Detroit area. We will set up a Design and Engineering Group office (among other positions) in the Detroit area. The final location hasn't been announced yet, but it will be in the Detroit area giving us access to both talent and suppliers. We also have a number of other job positions open, so check in on our latest positions HERE if you are interested.

While Scott Keogh was in Detroit, he met with our design and engineering teams to look at the latest progress and things are moving along nicely. Our designs for the new vehicles should be locked in within the next few months.

Next week, state and county officials from South Carolina in addition to some of our own Scout staff will meet with the local Blythewood community to talk about our factory project, answer questions and offer an opportunity to see our 3D model of the Scout factory:

View attachment 1643

View attachment 1642

View attachment 1641

On the Community and Content front, Chris and I have been busy getting our Scout Blog built and tested. This is the next stage of our Community and Content plans. The blog will have regular content that includes news updates, interviews, vehicle features, history articles, Scout timelines, factory updates, employee biographies, technical deep dives, event coverage and more. Initially we are planning on two articles per week but our calendar is already filling quickly and we can easily see that frequency increase with time. The comment section of the blog should mirror a similar topic in the forums, giving everyone an opportunity to ask questions, make comments and interact with the content we are putting together.

There are video series planned, another round of photo shoots with some very special Scouts and lots more that Chris and I are working on. It is frenetic but fun at the same time and we're excited to share more with all of you.

Have a great weekend!

Jamie
Jamie,
Thanks for thr update. We're at the edge of our seats anticipating updates regarding the Scout production-me personally mostly looking forward to the design. After listening to a few interviews with the CEO Scott he undoubtedly understands the mission ahead and it's importance. Scout has done something that I haven't seen publicly offered from other manufacturers and that's to purposely solicit feedback from its consumer at this level. I'll be curious to see which pieces of nuggets were obtained from this very fourm that was considered or made it to the final product. Cheers my friend!

Jamie,
Thanks for thr update. We're at the edge of our seats anticipating updates regarding the Scout production-me personally mostly looking forward to the design. After listening to a few interviews with the CEO Scott he undoubtedly understands the mission ahead and it's importance. Scout has done something that I haven't seen publicly offered from other manufacturers and that's to purposely solicit feedback from its consumer at this level. I'll be curious to see which pieces of nuggets were obtained from this very fourm that was considered or made it to the final product. Cheers my friend!
I concur

Reactions: Harris005
Hello Scouts!

View attachment 1643

View attachment 1642

View attachment 1641

Have a great weekend!

Jamie
As a resident in the area, I will be joining the Scout staff on Sunday in Blythewood to learn more. Looking forward to understanding the plans and the long-term vision for rhe production site. Thanks for hosting the information session for people like me.

(Edited)

Last edited:
Welcome to Scout and the forum. Good luck. What will you be doing for Scout Motors? Fill us in šŸ˜€
Hi J Alynn,

I am a resident in Blythewood, not a Scout Employee/CW. Im excited about the production site coming to the area and learning more about how the project is progressing.

Reactions: J Alynn
As a resident in the area, I will be joining the Scout staff on Sunday in Blythewood to learn more. Looking forward to understanding the plans and the long-term vision for rhe production site. Thanks for hosting the information session for people like me.

(Edited)
Welcome to the community Rob and we are glad you are able to attend one of the sessions. The ongoing work right now is being done by the state and county and the sessions should be an good opportunity to learn more from our end and also let us know your thoughts.

Jamie

Reactions: Rob and J Alynn
Scout Motors did a community presentation over the last few days in Blythewood, South Carolina, where our new factory is being built. I will have a longer post on this with some photos in a day or two, but one of the local television stations did a Facebook livestream of the presentation, which can be found here:

Apologies in advance if you need to log in to Facebook to watch, but I figured some people might enjoy watching it. In the future, we will have far more updates on plant progress, especially once we start our portion of the actual factory buildings construction.

Hello Scouts!

As I mentioned above, last week, we did our first series of community meetings with officials, local media, and the public in Blythewood, South Carolina. Each session started with a short presentation on Scout Motors and Scout history. Next Jan Spies, our Chief Production Officer, who is overseeing the construction and startup of the Scout factory, did a presentation around the 3D model of our factory explaining our factory building process with some insight into building locations (as of the current plan today). Lastly, we introduced our Blythewood team members Punam Patel and Corey Epps. Below are some photos of the event followed by a You Tube version of the presentation that a local television station streamed. We will be doing a deeper dive into the factory ourselves in the near future. Any questions, just let us know!

scout-community-meeting-2023-3.jpg

scout-community-meeting-2023-2.jpg

scout-community-meeting-2023-1.jpg

scout-community-meeting-2023-5.jpg

scout-community-meeting-2023-4.jpg

WIS News 10 live stream:

We have a very special photo/video shoot in the studio next week with both the first and last Scout off the assembly line.

FC501, the first Scout off the assembly line was picked up today.

View attachment 1664
Jamie,
I've considered having Riptide lend me a hand with my 800 project. I saw a video that Scout Motors just purchased a Scout II from them.

• Love
Reactions: Tuff66 and J Alynn