The Road to Scout Production - All the latest updates in one place...

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Hope VW does better…

Tesla CT, still waiting.

Canoo, spending boo-koo investors cash but still don’t have any movement.

Altis, don’t know what they guys are doing but made millions off investors IPO.

Rivian, got something out there but one day from bankruptcy. Day to day?!

Time all these 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 productions start Legacy is going to have much skin in the game moving from ICE to EV?!

Reactions: 64Scout
Last week Scout hosted our board members at the factory site in Blythewood, South Carolina for an update on progress and to officially open our first office on the site. Scott Keogh our CEO said:

"Last week we hosted our Group Board of Directors at Scout’s new home in South Carolina for a productive showing of our progress and what the future holds for our iconic brand.

After a successful visit, we’re excited to keep this momentum building in bringing the next generation of American icons to the world."

A few photos from the visit:

ScoutMotors-140.jpg

ScoutMotors-13.jpg

ScoutMotors-85.jpg

ScoutMotors-99.jpg

ScoutMotors-12.jpg

ScoutMotors-5.jpg

ScoutMotors-6.jpg

ScoutMotors-8.jpg

Also a big shout-out to The Scout Man for loaning their stunning Scout 800 build for the event:

ScoutMotors-216.jpg

ScoutMotors-218.jpg

ScoutMotors-223.jpg

The minuscule trucks and cars looking like ice cream sprinkles truly shows the scale of the site model. It's happening!
I love 3-D printed models. Been involved in a handful of models and the people and cars are always cool as a finishing touch to show scale.
I’m excited to see the Scout banner on the orange background. Great color combo and should make for cool logos. Maybe the Vanguard/1st Edition should have orange trim and accents. Not too much but just enough to be unique

Reactions: Harris005
Last week Scout hosted our board members at the factory site in Blythewood, South Carolina for an update on progress and to officially open our first office on the site. Scott Keogh our CEO said:

"Last week we hosted our Group Board of Directors at Scout’s new home in South Carolina for a productive showing of our progress and what the future holds for our iconic brand.

After a successful visit, we’re excited to keep this momentum building in bringing the next generation of American icons to the world."

View attachment 1532

View attachment 1537

View attachment 1539

View attachment 1538

View attachment 1536

View attachment 1535

View attachment 1534

View attachment 1533

Also a big shout-out to The Scout Man for loaning their stunning Scout 800 build for the event:

View attachment 1540

View attachment 1541

View attachment 1542
I keep looking at the model to find the off-road course. I see lots of water fording areas but no rugged -‘show me the money’ courses. Maybe it’s in the grove of trees and just ‘hidden’

View attachment 1532

View attachment 1537

View attachment 1539

View attachment 1538

View attachment 1536

View attachment 1535

View attachment 1534

View attachment 1533

View attachment 1540

View attachment 1541

View attachment 1542
I also just noticed on the orange Scout sign there is a graphics line on the bottom with the angled lines-made me think of the Ralleye graphics instantly-assuming that was a deliberate effort and wanted to make sure somebody got props for it

Reactions: lefty and OleScout
I keep looking at the model to find the off-road course. I see lots of water fording areas but no rugged -‘show me the money’ courses. Maybe it’s in the grove of trees and just ‘hidden’
I had the exact same thought!

Reactions: J Alynn
I didn’t catch that, but the color orange is interesting. The International truck logo is orange. I’m pretty sure Harvester Red went with Case IH in that transition.
1690296049123.png

Reactions: Tuff66 and J Alynn
Scout Motors Appoints Chief Production Officer, Begins Local Hiring in South Carolina

Dr. Jan Spies, an experienced leader in automotive plant operations, will join Scout Motors

in early 2024 to lead the company’s manufacturing process

(August 28, 2023) – Scout Motors Inc. (“Scout Motors”) announced today that Dr. Jan Spies will join the company as Chief Production Officer, effective early 2024. In this role, Spies will lead manufacturing of Scout Motors’ all-purpose, all-electric truck and SUV, slated for production by the end of 2026, and oversee the launch of its new manufacturing facility in South Carolina, where the company has now begun local hiring.

“Jan is the ideal leader to turn the ambitious vision of Scout Motors into a reality,” said Scout Motors CEO and President Scott Keogh. “His vast expertise and visionary approach to production management will be invaluable as we establish world-class manufacturing operations. Additionally, the initiation of hiring for our South Carolina facility marks an exciting milestone as we work towards building a dynamic team that will help us shape the future of all-electric transportation.”

A veteran automotive production expert, Spies comes to Scout Motors with a storied background spanning more than two decades at the Volkswagen Group, providing him with extensive knowledge of plant operations. His impressive track record of developing multiple flagship projects includes the Volkswagen Group of America’s manufacturing campus in Chattanooga, Tennessee, which opened in 2011 and now produces more than 250,000 vehicles per year.

Spies currently serves as Head of Planning and Production Technology for Volkswagen AG, a position he has held since 2019, and has previously held multiple other production leadership roles. He holds a doctorate degree in mechanical engineering from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich.

Scout Motors has now hired more than a dozen employees in South Carolina for the company’s new manufacturing facility in Blythewood, near Columbia. Recent leadership hires include Punam Patel as South Carolina Liaison, Corey Epps as HR Director, and Wendy Bashnan as Director of Security & Fire Protection. Patel previously worked in External Affairs for MUSC Health and served on Gov. Henry McMaster’s AccelerateSC Covid-19 Response Team. Epps joins Scout Motors after more than 23 years at BMW’s manufacturing facility in Greer, South Carolina. Bashnan led security for Nielsen and spent more than 28 years with the Diplomatic Security Service of the U.S. Department of State.

The company is actively hiring for more than 20 open roles in production, supply chain, IT and administration to be based in South Carolina, with hundreds more to come. Current career opportunities can be found on the Scout Motors careers page. Potential candidates can indicate their interest for future manufacturing positions by submitting their information at scoutmotors.sctechjobs.com.