Sunroof please!

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

kevcmalo9

1st Year Member
Aug 15, 2023
Please provide an option of a sunroof. It’s a must have for me. I’d rather drive a hardtop SUV with a sunroof rather than any type of a removable roof system. The one thing keeping me from buying the Bronco is that there isn’t a solid hardtop/sunroof option.
Thanks for considering.
Kevin

I think a sunroof is great-love them in/on my cars but with a vehicle who’s history allowed for a removable top and is considered by many to be a lifestyle vehicle offering a fixed top with a sunroof seems like a small selling segment for SM. Since there are 5-6 other solid, off-road focused vehicles with fixed roofs on the market it would, IMO make it harder for SM to enter and define a segment. In a sense a fixed roof with sunroof is just another SUV whereas wranglers and broncos have the one thing no other vehicles offer-4wd/off-road capabilities with a removable/“convertible “ top. It’s the best of all worlds

The multiple-panel removable roof solution to me is the way to go, probably more similar to Bronco than Jeep, light, 3 pieces. Maybe offer something like clear lids (https://www.clearlidz.com/) as an option to swap in for the front panels. I would love to see the back windows operable as well. I believe in the Bronco Heritage (white top) they made the rear side window panels removable, which is one way to do it. Keeping everything simple, light, and flexible is the ideal situation imo.

Reactions: J Alynn
I think a sunroof is great-love them in/on my cars but with a vehicle who’s history allowed for a removable top and is considered by many to be a lifestyle vehicle offering a fixed top with a sunroof seems like a small selling segment for SM. Since there are 5-6 other solid, off-road focused vehicles with fixed roofs on the market it would, IMO make it harder for SM to enter and define a segment. In a sense a fixed roof with sunroof is just another SUV whereas wranglers and broncos have the one thing no other vehicles offer-4wd/off-road capabilities with a removable/“convertible “ top. It’s the best of all worlds
The orange scout I drove growing up had a solid roof…just sayin’ 😉

The Midas ScoutII and Travellers had a sunroof/popup roof over the driver and navigator seat AND the entire roof was removable. I think cake can be had and enjoyed by all. I would venture a panoramic roof like the option on the Flex would bring a modern touch. But removable is paramount.... I sold the roof to my current one, never used it.... literally 8 years it sat on the sidelines in my garage.

Attachments

• Midas Sunroof.png
    Midas Sunroof.png
    700.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 1979 IH Scout II Midas Edition.png
    1979 IH Scout II Midas Edition.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Midas Scout II 1979.png
    Midas Scout II 1979.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Scout II Midas 1979.png
    Scout II Midas 1979.png