Style points for the design team...

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
In the event anyone at the white board is paying attention... BMW remembered heritage... Just saying...

View attachment 2205

Just to clarify, a design enthusiast created that in 3D software. It isn't a BMW creation or vehicle BMW offers.

We would likely be at Scout VII right now if they had continued the lineup. Historic documents show that IH wanted to take the Scout up market to increase profitability and even referenced Mercedes and the Range Rover at the time. You can see those influences here:

international-scout-4-80-concept1.jpg

Since the Scout II is our current inspiration, we are starting from a good place.

• Wow
Reactions: J Alynn and Scotus
Just to clarify, a design enthusiast created that in 3D software. It isn't a BMW creation or vehicle BMW offers.

We would likely be at Scout VII right now if they had continued the lineup. Historic documents show that IH wanted to take the Scout up market to increase profitability and even referenced Mercedes and the Range Rover at the time. You can see those influences here:

View attachment 2207

Since the Scout II is our current inspiration, we are starting from a good place.

Lol Jamie you know you can't sneak that in assuming I would not know of Monteverdi Safari and other variants. Yes 'had porsche followed the 914', 'had VW followed the bug', the world would be a much different and uglier place. But had BMW flowed from the CS and 3.0 Csl roots... you get the design above.
Where was I going, I need coffee...

https://bringatrailer.com/2016/07/2...d-international-scout-1981-monteverdi-safari/

1706139648502.png

1706140127443.png

In the event anyone at the white board is paying attention... BMW remembered heritage... Just saying...

View attachment 2205
I agree with GotScout. The the FJ Cruiser came out years ago, it was nothing like the cool FJ40's that became so popular. When the new Broncos came out, they screwed up with the sport model, but kept to the spirit of the original Broncos in several of their higher end line. I could be wrong, but if VW doesn't try to keep a lot of what has made scouts so popular now, I feel they will miss their mark.

Reactions: J Alynn and DRocket
I agree, Toyota definitely missed an opportunity when they brought back the fj. It wasn't great. It's even more apparent when you see them today, they just should have looked at the original design ques and focused on the right look.

I agree, Toyota definitely missed an opportunity when they brought back the fj. It wasn't great. It's even more apparent when you see them today, they just should have looked at the original design ques and focused on the right look.
Agree 100%. Kid in my dorm at PSU had a restored FJ and we always had him drive-was an amazing vehicle