Electrify Expo DC

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

Ecca

1st Year Member
Jul 14, 2023
Washington, DC
www.upwork.com
I purchased tickets back in May and noticed the event is finally coming up this weekend, not too far away from the Tysons WeWork.

Is anyone from Scout Motors headquarters going to be peeking around Electrify Expo for fun and curiosity, or even to see how other major manufacturers present their vehicles at the expo from an in-person consumer/attendee perspective? While there may not be enough that is ready to share to warrant having a booth this year, I imagine it is still worthwhile to attend as a visitor.

Has anyone else attended in the other cities or will be going?

Car list appears to be:
  • BMW: i7, iX xDrive50, iX M60, i4 eDrive 35, i4 eDrive 40, i4 M50
  • Ford: Mach-E, F150 Lightning
  • Kia: EV9, EV6, Niro EV, Sportage
  • Lexus: RZ
  • Mitsubishi: Outlander PHEV
  • Polestar: 2, 3
  • Tesla: Models S, 3, X, Y
  • Toyota: Prius Prime, Prius, Rav4 Prime, Sequoia Hybrid, Corolla Cross HV, BZ4X
  • Volvo: EX90, All-electric XC40 Recharge and C40 Recharge; Plug-in Hybrid XC60 Recharge and XC90 Recharge
  • Volkswagen: ID.Buzz, ID.4
Despite leaning more toward being daily drivers, there's still a number of SUVs and pickups there that advertise their ground clearance, various unpaved traction modes, and AWD.

Reactions: J Alynn
I purchased tickets back in May and noticed the event is finally coming up this weekend, not too far away from the Tysons WeWork.

Is anyone from Scout Motors headquarters going to be peeking around Electrify Expo for fun and curiosity, or even to see how other major manufacturers present their vehicles at the expo from an in-person consumer/attendee perspective? While there may not be enough that is ready to share to warrant having a booth this year, I imagine it is still worthwhile to attend as a visitor.

Has anyone else attended in the other cities or will be going?

Car list appears to be:
  • BMW: i7, iX xDrive50, iX M60, i4 eDrive 35, i4 eDrive 40, i4 M50
  • Ford: Mach-E, F150 Lightning
  • Kia: EV9, EV6, Niro EV, Sportage
  • Lexus: RZ
  • Mitsubishi: Outlander PHEV
  • Polestar: 2, 3
  • Tesla: Models S, 3, X, Y
  • Toyota: Prius Prime, Prius, Rav4 Prime, Sequoia Hybrid, Corolla Cross HV, BZ4X
  • Volvo: EX90, All-electric XC40 Recharge and C40 Recharge; Plug-in Hybrid XC60 Recharge and XC90 Recharge
  • Volkswagen: ID.Buzz, ID.4
Despite leaning more toward being daily drivers, there's still a number of SUVs and pickups there that advertise their ground clearance, various unpaved traction modes, and AWD.
Grab lots of photos and info and report back to us on anything cool, earth shattering or down right necessary-or useless. Would love any reports to forum regarding how tech is improving headlight technologies and interior lighting-both task and stylistically.
Thanks

Would love any reports to forum regarding how tech is improving headlight technologies and interior lighting-both task and stylistically.
Bright daylight outside, so I'm not sure there would be any info of value.

I can certainly report back on the rest if there's any other notable catches.

My phone's battery ran out but I managed to get in one funny photo. I overheard some people chatting about a truck standing on a pebble and when I turned the corner, there was a Rivian kitted out with a bed tent and bikes, but daintily placed on a tiny little rock:

PXL_20230722_160410908.jpg

So don't do this unless the intent is to spark some humor haha

Besides that, two of the standout features I got to use were the HUD and yoke steering on the Lexus (not sure if RX or RZ) which were brilliant, although the yoke would be totally inappropriate for any Scout. The feedback wasn't off in terms of responsiveness compared to other vehicles like the Outlander or Lightning, so the strongest difference was simply the steering ratio changing depending on your speed (and never having to move hand-over-hand as a result). If it was set up like a normal steering wheel without the dynamic steering ratio, it would be basically the same as normal steering.

The HUD automatically reading street signs was great too, and I would love to have it on any vehicle. Not to replace reading street signs yourself, but as a gentle reminder if you somehow missed a sign yourself. Just a small idea that gives a big QoL benefit even if it is unnecessary, like blind spot indicators. I also asked about whether that used the cameras, geospatial datasets, or both, but the Lexus rep didn't really know. As a side note, the fully kitted out one had lumbar massage which was complete overkill. If anyone needs it they were probably driving too long to begin with.

Tesla was almost too aggressive with it's pedal curves to the point it felt like an on/off switch and the regenerative braking settings (which they suggested for use in the city) took a lot of getting used to if I didn't want to accidentally "slam" the brakes by releasing the gas. I couldn't really adjust my feet or move around in my seat while that was on max.

Despite being the cheapest vehicle, I have zero complaints about the EX30. It would have been the most likely vehicle for me to purchase as it was the cheapest (<$40k), smallest, and most practical vehicle there.

No way to get insight into any off-road-ness, of course, but there were a lot of oddly specific individual modes in just about every vehicle for deep snow, ice, gravel, mud, sand, whatever. Honestly felt more like a way to sell features and I'd bet a number of those modes could have been consolidated into fewer ones if not for the marketing aspect.

Last edited:
Reactions: J Alynn
My phone's battery ran out but I managed to get in one funny photo. I overheard some people chatting about a truck standing on a pebble and when I turned the corner, there was a Rivian kitted out with a bed tent and bikes, but daintily placed on a tiny little rock:

View attachment 1531

So don't do this unless the intent is to spark some humor haha

Besides that, two of the standout features I got to use were the HUD and yoke steering on the Lexus (not sure if RX or RZ) which were brilliant, although the yoke would be totally inappropriate for any Scout. The feedback wasn't off in terms of responsiveness compared to other vehicles like the Outlander or Lightning, so the strongest difference was simply the steering ratio changing depending on your speed (and never having to move hand-over-hand as a result). If it was set up like a normal steering wheel without the dynamic steering ratio, it would be basically the same as normal steering.

The HUD automatically reading street signs was great too, and I would love to have it on any vehicle. Not to replace reading street signs yourself, but as a gentle reminder if you somehow missed a sign yourself. Just a small idea that gives a big QoL benefit even if it is unnecessary, like blind spot indicators. I also asked about whether that used the cameras, geospatial datasets, or both, but the Lexus rep didn't really know. As a side note, the fully kitted out one had lumbar massage which was complete overkill. If anyone needs it they were probably driving too long to begin with.

Tesla was almost too aggressive with it's pedal curves to the point it felt like an on/off switch and the regenerative braking settings (which they suggested for use in the city) took a lot of getting used to if I didn't want to accidentally "slam" the brakes by releasing the gas. I couldn't really adjust my feet or move around in your seat while that was on max.

Despite being the cheapest vehicle, I have zero complaints about the EX30.

No way to get insight into any off-road-ness, of course, but there were a lot of oddly specific individual modes in just about every vehicle for deep snow, ice, gravel, mud, sand, whatever. Honestly felt more like a way to sell features and I'd bet a number of those modes could have been consolidated into fewer ones if not for the marketing aspect.
Thanks for sharing the take aways with us