So what does everyone think of the first new Scout designs...

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Do those Bronco and Wrangler lengths include the spare tire?
Yes.
IMG_8130.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bodie
I’m going to guess no because when I looked up Bronco is listed 196” and that extra 5” is probably the portion of tire that extends beyond the rear bumper. But I’m not an expert 😀

I think there were some indications on size that were already made.
The Pick Up will be slightly larger than the Rivian - it will be "Full-size / F-150 lightening sized".
The SUV will Yukon-ish
If this is true then this vehicle may not be for me. Size alone makes it a $85k vehicle compared to $55k expected pricing for a Rivian R2 with both front and rear drive.

Reactions: oldgeeksguide
For reference in this off-road SUV segment:

MODEL
WIDTH​
LENGTH​
WHEELBASE​
2025 Land Cruiser
78.0"​
193.8"​
112"​
2025 4Runner
78.0"​
194.5"​
112"​
Bronco
76", 79.4" (Sasquatch) 85.7" (Raptor)​
189.4", 191" (Raptor)​
116"​
Jeep
74", 79.3" (Extreme Recon)​
188.4, 192.5 (Extreme Recon)​
118"​
Defender 110
79"​
187.4" (no ext spare), 197.6" (w/spare)​
119"​
Chevy Tahoe
81"​
211"​
121"​
Rivian R1S
81"​
201"​
121"​

We haven't confirmed dimensions yet. It is safe to say we will be competitive in the segment. Honestly, I was surprised at the dimensions of some of the above models. Debate on... :D
Competitive to which segment-removable roof segment or off road segment (defender/4-runner)?????

Reactions: Bodie
@J Alynn In which dimension? ;) Can't say yet and honestly, things are still subject to change.

@JohnnyScout I wouldn't automatically extrapolate a full-size pickup truck with a high price tag. One of the benefits we have is the ability to leverage/utilize VW group parts. For example, if we need a window regulator, we have numerous vehicles across VW/Audi/Porsche that we can source something from that is already engineered, tested and produced in large numbers that help bring the price down. I can't promise anything at this point regarding price, but I can say it isn't apples to apples in the current market. We also plan to offer a decent spread of trim options. Stay tuned...

@J Alynn In which dimension? ;) Can't say yet and honestly, things are still subject to change.

@JohnnyScout I wouldn't automatically extrapolate a full-size pickup truck with a high price tag. One of the benefits we have is the ability to leverage/utilize VW group parts. For example, if we need a window regulator, we have numerous vehicles across VW/Audi/Porsche that we can source something from that is already engineered, tested and produced in large numbers that help bring the price down. I can't promise anything at this point regarding price, but I can say it isn't apples to apples in the current market. We also plan to offer a decent spread of trim options. Stay tuned...
Well you can’t blame me for trying

Hello everyone and welcome to the forum!

My name is Jamie Vondruska and I'm part of the community team here at Scout Motors and will be helping to get these forums going, answer questions to the best of my ability, and overall make sure your stay here is comfortable and fun. Chris@scoutmotors and I will be regularly chiming in on the discussion, posting new Scout news, occasionally cleaning house, and doing our best to participate as much as we can.

As you would imagine, there is a LOT going on behind the scenes when you start a new car company from the ground up and it is incredibly exciting to watch it come together. One of the things our management team wanted to see from the start was a community forum like this one where we can get your feedback, suggestions, and comments and hear your Scout stories. This is a unique situation for any car company and after running one of the largest car forums in the world (VWvortex), I was excited to get involved with Scout. As you can imagine, there are probably still more questions than answers as Scout comes back to life here in the U.S. But we'll do our best to answer them and run all your suggestions by our team. Speaking of the team, they will be actively reading these forums and taking your comments and suggestions to heart, so let us know what you think and you might even see our team members chiming in and asking more questions.

So let's get the ball rolling and talk about the initial Scout concept design sketches that were first released in June of 2022:

View attachment 8

Obvious influences? Nods to previous Scout products? Good start? Headed in the right direction? What does everyone think?

Let's hear it!

- Jamie
Any chance you can show us a design version of the scout with the top down. I realize this might never be developed, however I suspect you would get a lot of interest by those planing to use the scout for off road use, camping etc. The reduced speed when off roading would mean the reduced efficiency with the top down would be less of a problem.

Reactions: J Alynn
Any chance you can show us a design version of the scout with the top down. I realize this might never be developed, however I suspect you would get a lot of interest by those planing to use the scout for off road use, camping etc. The reduced speed when off roading would mean the reduced efficiency with the top down would be less of a problem
There's no news on a removable top afaik?

Well you can’t blame me for trying
Almost got him. Can't wait for the reveal though. I need to look back through the forum, I can't remember if they said they will reveal both at the same time but sell the pickup first or if they are just revealing the pickup and selling it first then the SUV will be revealed later.

Almost got him. Can't wait for the reveal though. I need to look back through the forum, I can't remember if they said they will reveal both at the same time but sell the pickup first or if they are just revealing the pickup and selling it first then the SUV will be revealed later.
I recall SUV first and pick up very shortly after. Though I’m sure that’s up in the air but somewhere it was said that SYV would be first. At some point one of the news agencies noted pick up and I asked for clarification and I think Jamie had confirmed SUV but that was months ago

What on your thoughts on a swing out tailgate with slide out tailgate from the rear cabin?
How do you like your 2023 Bronco Heritage? I wonder if the slide-out tailgate is as strong as the old kind with a chain to support it.

I love the classic look of the exterior on the Bronco. Just wish they made it in EV. :)

Hello everyone and welcome to the forum!

My name is Jamie Vondruska and I'm part of the community team here at Scout Motors and will be helping to get these forums going, answer questions to the best of my ability, and overall make sure your stay here is comfortable and fun. Chris@scoutmotors and I will be regularly chiming in on the discussion, posting new Scout news, occasionally cleaning house, and doing our best to participate as much as we can.

As you would imagine, there is a LOT going on behind the scenes when you start a new car company from the ground up and it is incredibly exciting to watch it come together. One of the things our management team wanted to see from the start was a community forum like this one where we can get your feedback, suggestions, and comments and hear your Scout stories. This is a unique situation for any car company and after running one of the largest car forums in the world (VWvortex), I was excited to get involved with Scout. As you can imagine, there are probably still more questions than answers as Scout comes back to life here in the U.S. But we'll do our best to answer them and run all your suggestions by our team. Speaking of the team, they will be actively reading these forums and taking your comments and suggestions to heart, so let us know what you think and you might even see our team members chiming in and asking more questions.

So let's get the ball rolling and talk about the initial Scout concept design sketches that were first released in June of 2022:

View attachment 8

Obvious influences? Nods to previous Scout products? Good start? Headed in the right direction? What does everyone think?

Let's hear it!

- Jamie
Awesome lines, super modern and sleek, would like to see also a more Traditional / Throw Back version of each vehicle

Not really a fan of the new Hummer but sitting here looking at the massive rear I must say the taillights are a nice combo of new and retro in shape. Simple but clean and maybe I’m wrong but vertical reverse lights are a cool look.

Attachments

• IMG_1114.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
I think two design options would look great. First that iconic Scout II top and second the iconic nose design used on the Scout 80's and 800's. I think the first year production should have a very limited number of Scout 800 Aristocrat paint schemes. Also, (now don't laugh), Scouts would look awesome painted a deep metallic eggplant purple. Envision it.

I think two design options would look great. First that iconic Scout II top and second the iconic nose design used on the Scout 80's and 800's. I think the first year production should have a very limited number of Scout 800 Aristocrat paint schemes. Also, (now don't laugh), Scouts would look awesome painted a deep metallic eggplant purple. Envision it.
I will 100% agree that the purple would look cool (my favorite color-FYI) but I would never buy one 😀. Probably more because I want like a lagoon blue/teal/green color like the one sample Jamie posted on the color poll thread.
But if you end up with one please post in like 2-1/2 years so I can see it and tell you how good it looks

Completely agree with Hellbilly. Removable top is a must or might as well buy a Bronco. I see comments about the rear side window and I like the nod to the originals but it looks a bit forced. I think in time it can be softened a bit but still reflect the scout history. I also think if the original renders showed a break line at the roof it would feel better. Also curious about the rear taillights. Obviously no rear view but the appear to be a bit too modern looking. There’s huge desire for the Bronco right now and that’s because they found the right balance between old and new. That is the most critical hurdle your design team has to make to make this successful (along with removable top as already mentioned)
anxious to see more sneak peaks
Hellbilly has it right. Make it like he says. But more than that. Make it so when you see it, you know what it is. You don’t have to read the badge to see who made it. I have owned two Scouts and two Jeeps and when seen from any angle and any distance you know what they are.

For reference in this off-road SUV segment:

MODEL
WIDTH​
LENGTH​
WHEELBASE​
2025 Land Cruiser
78.0"​
193.8"​
112"​
2025 4Runner
78.0"​
194.5"​
112"​
Bronco
76", 79.4" (Sasquatch) 85.7" (Raptor)​
189.4", 191" (Raptor)​
116"​
Jeep
74", 79.3" (Extreme Recon)​
188.4, 192.5 (Extreme Recon)​
118"​
Defender 110
79"​
187.4" (no ext spare), 197.6" (w/spare)​
119"​
Chevy Tahoe
81"​
211"​
121"​
Rivian R1S
81"​
201"​
121"​

We haven't confirmed dimensions yet. It is safe to say we will be competitive in the segment. Honestly, I was surprised at the dimensions of some of the above models. Debate on... :D
So the Jeep is 2" thinner, an inch shorter at the spare, and 2" longer by wheelbase. Which is something I always fought with when the Jeep guys and I would compare.

They'd always tell me, "You can't go on trails. You're too big dude!" and then we'd run numbers.

Likewise, if you put those two vehicles side by side, you'd swear the Bronco is much bigger than the Jeep. It's the fenders. If you tucked those wheels up into the body and made them be flush with the panels it'd be a totally different story.

No this is fun because it appears smaller than it is... this sucks because we lose a lot of interior space we'd otherwise have.

Just kinda food for thought. I chose my Scout IIs purely because they could realistically transport the family and gear into the woods whereas a Jeep(TJs at the time) I'd be compromising.