Scout Design Ideas

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
-Mount the mirrors to the A-pillars
-removable doors and top
-store doors in cargo area
-offer special editions that are true to the orginal Scout (colors, feather decals, packages, etc)
-True offroader
-Ability to make modular to individualize to owners
I was anxious about posting this the first time around, but I've had more time to put more thought into this, so yes, I'm replying to my own post.

I've long awaited the Bronco release and been a day-one reservation holder; The delay is that I've been awaiting the Heritage trim, which I have placed an order on. I think Ford did a remarkable job with the modern vehicle that resembles the gen 1; I hope Scout Motor Co. can do the same.

I'll elaborate on some of the prior recommendations I made.
  • Mount the mirrors to the A-pillar. If you've owned a Jeep, you understand how inconvenient it's been to remove the doors and reinstall the mirrors if your state requires it. Unfortunately, the mirrors are attached to the door hinges and you are left with a vibrating mirror at 60mph.
  • Removable tops and doors-No brainer here. Also, offer the top in white
  • Store doors in the cargo-this may not be a universally popular opinion, but at times I've seen guys chain their doors to trees to prevent theft during trail runs; this eliminates having to do this.
  • Unique edition models- As mentioned above, I've converted my Bronco order to a Heritage model. I love the nostalgia of history. Scout could consider unique models that may remember previous trims (Sport scout-convertible top?, Rallye, SR2, etc.) or develop new trims that set each apart.
  • True offroader-Ford implemented modes (Baja, sport, Sand, Mud, etc.) In addition, Badlands has a sway bar disconnect, etc. Trail turn assist that allows tight manoeuvres around turns. These have all been great features that have generated creativity in the offroad world that will compete directly with Jeep.
  • Mounting point for limb risers to help protect the windshield and, to some degree, the paint/body.
  • Towing capacity, currently, the Jeep Wrangler and Bronco are maxed at 3,500. While this is likely suitable for some, is it enough?
  • Most important to me would be to resemble the Scout 80/800 or Scout II, depending on what direction Scout Motor Co. will go.
    • E.g. If 800, include the body line in the rear corner panels, square frame around round headlights, round tail lights, and hood body lines, and remove the tailgate folding down with possible swing-out tire gate if the spare is attached.
  • Hide Easter eggs throughout; this is fun to find. How can you incorporate the history from the modern vehicle-Can you include the "IH" throughout? Give recognition to the original assembly plant in Fort Wayne, IN. Resemble some of the older interior gauges cluster and markings (E.g. Scout 800A was written on the passenger dash). Feature some of the prior Scout models in the electronics
  • Wash out flooring with drain plugs; for those who will be mudding, allow the ability to take a hose to it.
  • Interior, I miss those retro plaid-style interior options from the Scout II with BUCKET seats! To go along with the last bullet point, make this water-resistant, much like the marine-grade vinyl from the Bronco.
  • Toyota has built a compartment for ice storage in the bed of the Tacoma on some trims. Could this be incorporated into the Scout , perhaps in the rear cargo area or the available "frunk".
  • I love the Rivan R1T hidden storage between the rear seats and bed- what hidden space can be utilized on the Scout? I've seen images of the R1T pullout kitchen.
  • 1668620265290.pngPull out Kitchen
  • 1668620353482.pngPlaid Interior
  • 1668620467864.pngEaster Egg

Last edited:
I was anxious about posting this the first time around, but I've had more time to put more thought into this, so yes, I'm replying to my own post.

I've long awaited the Bronco release and been a day-one reservation holder; The delay is that I've been awaiting the Heritage trim, which I have placed an order on. I think Ford did a remarkable job with the modern vehicle that resembles the gen 1; I hope Scout Motor Co. can do the same.

• Mount the mirrors to the A-pillar. If you've owned a Jeep, you understand how inconvenient it's been to remove the doors and reinstall the mirrors if your state requires it. Unfortunately, the mirrors are attached to the door hinges and you are left with a vibrating mirror at 60mph.
  • Store doors in the cargo-this may not be a universally popular opinion, but at times I've seen guys chain their doors to trees to prevent theft during trail runs; this eliminates having to do this.
  • Unique edition models- As mentioned above, I've converted my Bronco order to a Heritage model. I love the nostalgia of history. Scout could consider unique models that may remember previous trims (Sport scout-convertible top?, Ralley, SR2, etc.) or develop new trims that set each apart.
  • True offroader-Ford implemented modes (Baja, sport, Sand, Mud, etc.) In addition, Badlands has a sway bar disconnect, etc. Trail turn assist that allows tight manoeuvres around turns. These have all been great features that have generated creativity in the offroad world that will compete directly with Jeep.
  • Mounting point for limb risers to help protect the windshield and, to some degree, the paint/body.
  • Towing capacity, currently, the Jeep Wrangler and Bronco are maxed at 3,500. While this is likely suitable for some, is it enough?
  • Most important to me would be to resemble the Scout 80/800 or Scout II, depending on what direction Scout Motor Co. will go.
    • E.g. If 800, include the body line in the rear corner panels, square frame around round headlights, round tail lights, and hood body lines, and remove the tailgate folding down with possible swing-out tire gate if the spare is attached.
  • Hide Easter eggs throughout; this is fun to find. How can you incorporate the history from the modern vehicle-Can you include the "IH" throughout? Give recognition to the original assembly plant in Fort Wayne, IN. Resemble some of the older interior gauges cluster and markings (E.g. Scout 800A was written on the passenger dash). Feature some of the prior Scout models in the electronics
  • Wash out flooring with drain plugs; for those who will be mudding, allow the ability to take a hose to it.
  • Interior, I miss those retro plaid-style interior options from the Scout II. To go along with the last bullet point, make this water-resistant, much like the marine-grade vinyl from the Bronco.
  • Toyota has built a compartment for ice storage in the bed of the Tacoma on some trims. Could this be incorporated into the Scout , perhaps in the read cargo area or the available "frunk"
  • I love the Rivan R1T hidden storage between the rear seats and bed- what hidden space can be utilized on the Scout? I've seen images of the R1T pullout kitchen.
  • View attachment 103Pull out Kitchen
  • View attachment 104Plaid Interior
  • View attachment 105Easter Egg
Thank you for fleshing this all out. You make great points and ideas. I can concur with the little touches.

The easter eggs are fun as hell on the Jeeps, and they've obviously carried over to the Bronco.

Things like the dash going from a WWII Willy's Jeep to the JL show the love the company has for the heritage.

Reactions: tomintucson
I'm a manual transmission guy, through and through, and all of my vehicles have them. I recognize this isn't practical in an EV, but I also know EVs can create whole other avenues for driver involvement that's not possible with ICE vehicles, and thus far, nobody is capitalizing on this. It's all one-pedal, point and shoot your appliance in the direction you want it to go. I'd love to see some ideas that actually increase driver involvement. None of this self-driving crap.

I would love to see a three way tailgate. By that I mean…
1. The whole thing goes up
2. The window opens independently of the tailgate ( like the Scout II)
3. The rear window goes down like a 4Runner.
Not sure how all that can be pulled off!😊

Reactions: IdahoJOAT

• Unique edition models- As mentioned above, I've converted my Bronco order to a Heritage model. I love the nostalgia of history. Scout could consider unique models that may remember previous trims (Sport scout-convertible top?, Rallye, SR2, etc.) or develop new trims that set each apart.
  • Interior, I miss those retro plaid-style interior options from the Scout II with BUCKET seats! To go along with the last bullet point, make this water-resistant, much like the marine-grade vinyl from the Bronco.
  • Toyota has built a compartment for ice storage in the bed of the Tacoma on some trims. Could this be incorporated into the Scout , perhaps in the rear cargo area or the available "frunk".
  • View attachment 103Pull out Kitchen
  • View attachment 104Plaid Interior
  • View attachment 105Easter Egg
I’ve been thinking a lot about the plaid seats as well. New Bronco made effort on heritage and I think the leather plaid is great. The cloth plaid-IMHO is terrible. For years VW has done plaid really well in some of their vehicles so surely it can be done better than Ford. Speaking of seats, offer solid, heavier leather and vinyl that looks more vintage. That way buyers can pick a more neutral interior or go plaid for cool color pops. Make them selectable and not specific to a particular trim/model. Can rear front seats have cleats and connectors of some kind to allow after market mounts for various storage needs? Something more than a mesh pouch but maybe med kits or saddle packs of some sort for camping gear or work tools. Love the bucket seat suggestion too

Reactions: OleScout
I've personally owned A and F.

I'd like A, E or F. There's something about the round headlights, square bezels and horizontal 3 bars.

I like when a car company has a great design they just tweak.

Chevy has the horizontal silver bar. Dodge used to have the cross(a mistake moving away from it). BMW their two nostrils. Etc.

Reactions: tomintucson
I've personally owned A and F.

I'd like A, E or F. There's something about the round headlights, square bezels and horizontal 3 bars.

I like when a car company has a great design they just tweak.

Chevy has the horizontal silver bar. Dodge used to have the cross(a mistake moving away from it). BMW their two nostrils. Etc.
Absolutely an important part of brand identity.

I'm a manual transmission guy, through and through, and all of my vehicles have them. I recognize this isn't practical in an EV, but I also know EVs can create whole other avenues for driver involvement that's not possible with ICE vehicles, and thus far, nobody is capitalizing on this. It's all one-pedal, point and shoot your appliance in the direction you want it to go. I'd love to see some ideas that actually increase driver involvement. None of this self-driving crap.
I'd love to have a physical disengagement option for freewheeling or moving easily if disabled. Try to push a Bricked BEV some time...

Reactions: IdahoJOAT
The Jeep proved what will sell, and that's 4 doors that open up the market from like 15% of households to 90 percent of households. Then when they compete against the 2 door versions, are still capable of 95% of what the 2 doors could do, plus could tow more, rode better, and in MOST situations off-roaded better too. The 4 doors only suffer in 2 situations: Break over angle and steering radius.

I echo OleScout about the mirror placement, this is a huge plus the Bronco has over the Wrangler. Also about the removable top and the true-offroader. But I go further in saying a true off-roader is reliable. When we think of this, what do we think of?
Positively we think of the Jeep that doesn't break down. The 4-runner too.
Negatively we think of the Bronco tie rod snapping and the wheels cock-eyed on the trail. I've had two JLURs, and to say the joy at seeing that Bronco like that amongst the Jeep community was palpable.
This all equates to... over-building. Don't just say, "Good enough." A big reason the Scout II was so beloved was the strength of the frame. The D44s front and rear. It was glorious.

I will say I don't care about the storable doors. Logically, most people have shit in the back of the rig. While it's a novelty to be able to take them off at the trail, this isn't what most people can do. To design the whole rig around this idea is a mistake. That said, the ability to remove the doors in minutes is CRUCIAL. It's a must-have, just like the top.

Lastly, and this is because I own a 4xe, I think a hybrid version would be extremely nice to have. There's MASSIVE skepticism about an EV on the trail. Range? Charge time? Overlanding? Accidents/recoveries? It's a huge thing, every one of these. But the ability to have an ICE even as a backup is soo nice to have.

Sorry for the rant, these are initial thoughts and my enthusiasm hinders my logical centers.
Storable doors is non factor for me.