No regenerative braking!!!!!!!

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Yeah, except that is not the way it works (at least in my experience). No manufacturer is providing a "golf cart" single pedal driving experience without a brake. And if you are decelerating to stop quickly with regen, your foot is OFF the accelerator and you hit the brake the exact same way you would to stop if you took your foot off a gas pedal - there is no difference. It is all about driver awareness of what the vehicle is doing, your speed and how to control it. Exactly the same awareness you need with ICE. In fact, some might argue that ICE is less safe because there is no regen.

Paddles are great if you like driving with your hands at 10 & 2 all the time, but not so great if you like driving with 1 hand. Therefore, another reason to have options.
Actually, if you’re hands are 10 and 2, you wouldn’t be able to use the paddles which are at 3 and 9. I am usually 1 hand at 8 or 4 with my index finger resting on one of the paddles.

Reactions: J Alynn
Call me crazy but I regulate m driving 90% of the time with ICE just using the gas pedal unless it’s heavy stop and go traffic. I avoid brakes as much as possible to reduce wear on my brake pads and rotors. Do most people use their brakes constantly? I’m a mix of rural and city driving so I get braking in the city but even rural driving I’ll use my paddle shifters rather than brakes I just don’t get the benefit of regen.
Maybe I’m overthinking this process.
As for paddles-if m driving long distance than yeah-my hands are on the wheel as @Bodie mentioned but in heavier traffic I naturally keep two handed on the wheel. Prior to my hybrid Honda I had higher performance cars so I tended to drive very spiritedly so two hands on wheel was about safety and control

The benefit of regen is using generators to slow the car while putting energy back into the battery pack instead of friction brakes that just produce heat. This extends the electric range of the vehicle. Engine braking (downshifting) is more efficient than friction brakes by saving a tiny bit of gas but regen is like adding gas to the tank.

Reactions: R1TVT
The benefit of regen is using generators to slow the car while putting energy back into the battery pack instead of friction brakes that just produce heat. This extends the electric range of the vehicle. Engine braking (downshifting) is more efficient than friction brakes by saving a tiny bit of gas but regen is like adding gas to the tank.
To clarify when I said I don’t get the benefit of regen I meant physically. I understand the benefits but the accord hybrid does regen when physically braking but no one pedal regen. I realized when I read your response that my comment made it seem like I didn’t understand 😂

Actually, if you’re hands are 10 and 2, you wouldn’t be able to use the paddles which are at 3 and 9. I am usually 1 hand at 8 or 4 with my index finger resting on one of the paddles.
Yes, sorry when I said 10 & 2 I should have just said "driving with 2 hands", b/c of course the exact positioning of some of the controls varies... Sometimes driving that way with 2 hands on the wheel is just not as relaxing as driving with 1 hand. That was my main point.

The other HUGE benefit is way less wear and tear of course

All EVs should have regen. as long as it is adjustable to the owners driving style. I have driven EVs with and without Regen and after a very short adjustment period I preferred heavy regen. I drove for almost the whole week without touching the brakes. After that I couldn't help thinking about all the wasted energy (and brake pads) driving my ICE vehicle.

Reactions: J Alynn
All EVs should have regen. as long as it is adjustable to the owners driving style. I have driven EVs with and without Regen and after a very short adjustment period I preferred heavy regen. I drove for almost the whole week without touching the brakes. After that I couldn't help thinking about all the wasted energy (and brake pads) driving my ICE vehicle.
I’ve not heard of any EVs that don’t have regen. Some of them don’t have one pedal driving, with regen happening when you hit the brake pedal, or a few have a specific regen paddle (e.g. Chevy bolt). Typically it would use as much regen as the system can handle before engaging the physical brakes, just like a one pedal system does, which of course has to use physical brakes when the system can’t regen (e.g. when batteries are full, or too hot, or there’s more energy coming through than the system can absorb). But there’s no reason a good blended brake implementation would cause any more wear on the brakes than one pedal driving, and in fact the ability to coast would mean less wasted energy than a one pedal system.

I’ve not heard of any EVs that don’t have regen. Some of them don’t have one pedal driving, with regen happening when you hit the brake pedal, or a few have a specific regen paddle (e.g. Chevy bolt). Typically it would use as much regen as the system can handle before engaging the physical brakes, just like a one pedal system does, which of course has to use physical brakes when the system can’t regen (e.g. when batteries are full, or too hot, or there’s more energy coming through than the system can absorb). But there’s no reason a good blended brake implementation would cause any more wear on the brakes than one pedal driving, and in fact the ability to coast would mean less wasted energy than a one pedal system.
I agree with your review and think the mixed option is certainly preferred. It makes it easier for drivers who have negatives about EV’s already to adapt to something they see as “traditional”