New Scout To Be Revealed On October 24, 2024

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
This video has got me very excited. It doesn’t give much away but there are what looks like a few glimpses of the new vehicles.

One of the designers calls it “badass”.

This video is perfect.

Just two weeks to wait!
Yeah, we got to see the B or C pillar at 1:58. The hood seems to look pretty similar to the front silhouette image we got early on. I'm getting excited as well. Only 14 days till we see the bright future of Scout!!!

Here are a few stills from the video that might give us a little teaser.
IMG_4654.png

IMG_4656.png

IMG_4660.png

IMG_4661.png

The first one caught my attention... As this looks like a possible FRUNK shot, and might indicate easy front loading with part of the front fascia potentially connected to the hood (more akin to a Lightening frunk), but still a little tough to tell.

The first one caught my attention... As this looks like a possible FRUNK shot, and might indicate easy front loading with part of the front fascia potentially connected to the hood (more akin to a Lightening frunk), but still a little tough to tell.
I was thinking exactly the same thing. It looks like we’ll be able to slide items in like the F150 Lightning frunk. If so, I think it’s better than having to lift up and over like with the Rivian and others.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. It looks like we’ll be able to slide items in like the F150 Lightning frunk. If so, I think it’s better than having to lift up and over like with the Rivian and others.
it would have been neat to have a tailgate (hood gate? front gate?) there to let it be easy to get things in and out but also have more flat space for camping or whatever

• Love
Reactions: J Alynn
it would have been neat to have a tailgate (hood gate? front gate?) there to let it be easy to get things in and out but also have more flat space for camping or whatever

I think this picture shows the hood? If so, you can see an outward facing catch. A catch would ordinarily be on the inside. Perhaps a “front gate” swings up and connects there? Or maybe I’m confused about what I’m looking at.

IMG_0494.jpeg

I think this picture shows the hood? If so, you can see an outward facing catch. A catch would ordinarily be on the inside. Perhaps a “front gate” swings up and connects there? Or maybe I’m confused about what I’m looking at.

View attachment 2839
If you look at where the top of the front fender is in relation to this guys shoulder this Scout stands tall or on a small ramp?

Reactions: J. Sweat
Comments on the video are kinda brutal. Lots of people expecting this to be a $90k+ mall crawler. Though we heard in the forums they are aiming for $45-50k, I really hope they can keep it there. We need more Scouts!
You're going to see all kinds of lobbyist, O&G, and ICE-Loving comments on everything written, posted and said... We saw the same thing with Rivian's launch. Then what happens? They all sort of capitulate and move on to the next disruptive thing to disturb their pocketbooks , particularly once you start to really see traction (the detractors will eventually realize that they aren't going to change everyone's mind by advocating for an exhaust-spewing truck with mediocre specs that looks like everything else on the road). There will always be detractors though, and they will point to a broken grid, "EV mandates", countries moving away from EV's, lack of infrastructure, costs, charging times, mining, child labor, literally anything then can cling to. I say take the high road, remain focussed on the positives that Scout will bring. Follow the money and it will become clear that the detractors are just defending a money-driven agenda that fills their pockets. Half of the comments are coming from Bots! LOL.

SM will be something bigger than just a physical EV Truck & SUV. Based on its past, and whether intentional or not, SM is building a bridge that gives a somewhat "more reluctant base" of traditional truck buyers PERMISSION to consider an EV Truck. Of course that group is only a subset of SM's target audience, but it is a very influential one. The majority of buyers will not share in Scout's history - they will be looking for a capable, rugged and modern truck that might remind them of something intangible. They might just be interested in buying a kick-ass truck or SUV and see Scout as being that.

EV or not, SM is going to get a lot of looks from an entirely new generation of potential / future Scout owners. Expect to see a LOT of commentary post-reveal. Negative or Positive - when people talk it is good for brand recognition, driving awareness and converting prospective buyers into customers.

You're going to see all kinds of lobbyist, O&G, and ICE-Loving comments on everything written, posted and said... We saw the same thing with Rivian's launch. Then what happens? They all sort of capitulate and move on to the next disruptive thing to disturb their pocketbooks , particularly once you start to really see traction (the detractors will eventually realize that they aren't going to change everyone's mind by advocating for an exhaust-spewing truck with mediocre specs that looks like everything else on the road). There will always be detractors though, and they will point to a broken grid, "EV mandates", countries moving away from EV's, lack of infrastructure, costs, charging times, mining, child labor, literally anything then can cling to. I say take the high road, remain focussed on the positives that Scout will bring. Follow the money and it will become clear that the detractors are just defending a money-driven agenda that fills their pockets. Half of the comments are coming from Bots! LOL.

SM will be something bigger than just a physical EV Truck & SUV. Based on its past, and whether intentional or not, SM is building a bridge that gives a somewhat "more reluctant base" of traditional truck buyers PERMISSION to consider an EV Truck. Of course that group is only a subset of SM's target audience, but it is a very influential one. The majority of buyers will not share in Scout's history - they will be looking for a capable, rugged and modern truck that might remind them of something intangible. They might just be interested in buying a kick-ass truck or SUV and see Scout as being that.

EV or not, SM is going to get a lot of looks from an entirely new generation of potential / future Scout owners. Expect to see a LOT of commentary post-reveal. Negative or Positive - when people talk it is good for brand recognition, driving awareness and converting prospective buyers into customers.
Very well said.

Reactions: R1TVT and J Alynn