SUV Reveal questions-pregame

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
All of our staff on-site for the event should have accurate information. Since we are still a long way from production, there are a number of things that could evolve or change between now and then. The main purpose of the reveal event is to finally show the vehicles and give high-level information - range targets, basic capabilities and specs, etc., etc. This will be similar to what Rivian did with the R2.

We will also open up reservations right after the event.

Jamie
Jamie, this isnt gonna be a rebranded r2 wotth slight changes right??? I see that VW has partnered with Rivian for software and other stuff. And pls don’t respond with “lets talk after oct24” lol.

I spent my whole time in high school sketching car styling designs, I later came to believe that form mostly follows function so that how something looks is to a large extent intrinsic to how it works.

I would ask them about how they think of form vs function. With this project it has to look like a Scout. So certain visual cues will be taken from the older vehicles. What specific aspects of the design were derived from the older vehicles? How did they choose what to take from the older vehicles and what not to take? What specific elements of the design resulted from solving functional problems, so that how it looks is accidental to solving a how does it work problem. Were there any “happy accidents” as Bob Ross used to say? Can they tell us about some ideas that did not work out? I guess I’d like specific examples of the decision making that resulted in a certain interesting aspect of the vehicle.
Love the questions and the reference to Bob Ross is F&$#^> FANTASTIC!!!!

Reactions: TimmyHil08
I spent my whole time in high school sketching car styling designs, I later came to believe that form mostly follows function so that how something looks is to a large extent intrinsic to how it works.

I would ask them about how they think of form vs function. With this project it has to look like a Scout. So certain visual cues will be taken from the older vehicles. What specific aspects of the design were derived from the older vehicles? How did they choose what to take from the older vehicles and what not to take? What specific elements of the design resulted from solving functional problems, so that how it looks is accidental to solving a how does it work problem. Were there any “happy accidents” as Bob Ross used to say? Can they tell us about some ideas that did not work out? I guess I’d like specific examples of the decision making that resulted in a certain interesting aspect of the vehicle.
We have some things similar, that's how i grew up in school from back in elementary school i was drawing everything from tractors, cars, buses. All of it i later sold to my good friend who is opening a concept car company(i still do some drawing work for him on the side).

Also what a classic quote of Bob Ross, A+ for that!

Reactions: J Alynn
Some insight here:

IMG_5294.jpeg

IMG_5295.jpeg

I take this as the orange outline hints at what may be incorporated into the next Scout. The tri-angler dash pad with the horizontal gauges sets things apart from other manufacturers. Also, outlining those upper and lower body lines allows an opportunity for SM or buyers to personalize their rigs. If this tracing is correct, I think we can fully expect this to resemble the Scout II with the shorter overhang in the front and boxy design, no jelly bean here! These images with the design team and the most recent video is subtly escalating the hype for those following, can't wait for the reveal!

I think this is probably the best hints we will get until Oct 24. I agree the orange lines are highlighting classic Scout design language that were used to benchmark the new vehicles. You know a Jeep when you see one. You know a BMW when you see one. You will know a Scout when you see one, and if you don’t remember or know the classic Scout you will quickly learn that this truck is something different.

I think this is probably the best hints we will get until Oct 24. I agree the orange lines are highlighting classic Scout design language that were used to benchmark the new vehicles. You know a Jeep when you see one. You know a BMW when you see one. You will know a Scout when you see one, and if you don’t remember or know the classic Scout you will quickly learn that this truck is something different.
I agree with this.

Reactions: Colt_44_magnum

Very well said. And having seen the new ones I agree.

@J Alynn the things I'm most curious about while you're there in person would be the ground clearance/fording depth, whether the charge port cover is manual or motorized, how the seats feel (if you're allowed in the vehicle at all), the pack chemistry (if they know yet).

I may have more questions for you to look into but I'll have to think on it.