Model Names

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
I keep daydreaming about water/coastal inspired names for a trim package. I made an Islander package for my TJ that mimics the one from the YJ because I’ve always loved the graphics and waterproof/hose out the sand style. Being as I’m from Charleston and the Scout is built in SC I am leaning toward “Lowcountry”.
Taking inspiration from South Carolina is a cool idea. Tired of so many companies bragging that their designs are inspired by California. It’s not the only place in the world!

While we’re dreaming about names and models…a 4x4 Metro passenger and cargo van would be sweet. That’s a pretty popular market right now with van life and overlanding. Face it. A van is the most versatile people and stuff mover. Since Scout may be sharing a platform with Audi, maybe VW would share the ID Buzz platform to make the Metro, but with Scout suspension specifications. 🤷🏻‍♂️
View attachment 738

I wonder what the status of the Metro name and ownership is at this point. With popularity of EV delivery vans, this would be a fun one to resurrect.

I wonder what the status of the Metro name and ownership is at this point. With popularity of EV delivery vans, this would be a fun one to resurrect.
Somewhere in these threads I mentioned the Metro. That would be awesome. And for that particular use study I don’t see it as a sin to use the ID Buzz platform. Great way to expand Scout’s offerings into what IH used to offer. This could be the overlanding/van life capable version that the Buzz just can’t be.

Last edited:
That would be a great name for a commercial van. GM used the Metro name for their Geo badge in the 90s. No idea if they're still hanging on to it.

Reactions: J Alynn
Rallye would also be a cool name to use.

Perhaps this is an area where Scout Motors can add something original and provide new names to the Scout Legacy. I agree that numbers are boring but lots of companies do it because it makes trademarks easy and cheap. The CEO of Polestar once said naming vehicles is a logistical pain which is why Polestar models are just numbers.

In keeping with the idea of "the world needs scouts" perhaps trim levels or equipment packages could simply be named after compass points—something scouts should know. A Scout "Insert Name" North could be outfitted for adventures in the Rockies, South is outfitted for the Everglades, West is ready for the beach, and East is more targeted for Urban needs. Great way to celebrate an American icon by celebrating America's major regions.

Looks like this:
MAKEMODELTRIM OR PACKAGE
ScoutRallye (just a name for an example)North
ScoutRallyeSouth
ScoutRallyeEast
ScoutRallyeWest
I'm not as familiar with the pedegree of what Rallye was used for but i think that it would be an great term for an off road trim. So the off road 4door would be a Rallye Traveler.

but thats just my thoughts as someone who doesn't have much of a history with the brand.

I'm not as familiar with the pedegree of what Rallye was used for but i think that it would be an great term for an off road trim. So the off road 4door would be a Rallye Traveler.

but thats just my thoughts as someone who doesn't have much of a history with the brand.
Trim package mostly known for this graphics option.
6F8BEA9E-B417-48B9-B575-C327B995A03B.jpeg

Watching some highlight reels this morning a player was described as a "Condor". I had to look up the definition.

"The condor is the only bird that is strong enough to fly to the other side. To our ancestors. The condor would carry our messages and our prayers to our ancestors who had passed and bring their messages back to us. So the condor is a very important messenger between our ancestors, the spiritual world, and our people.”

Also, known to feed off other animals, perhaps this would be fitting if Scout decides to go with an offroad high end package to compete with the TRX, Raptor, etc.

• Love
Reactions: J Alynn
Watching some highlight reels this morning a player was described as a "Condor". I had to look up the definition.

"The condor is the only bird that is strong enough to fly to the other side. To our ancestors. The condor would carry our messages and our prayers to our ancestors who had passed and bring their messages back to us. So the condor is a very important messenger between our ancestors, the spiritual world, and our people.”

Also, known to feed off other animals, perhaps this would be fitting if Scout decides to go with an offroad high end package to compete with the TRX, Raptor, etc.
Get that trademarked ASAP

Condors, like Turkey Vultures are known for being carrion esters and not like a eagles or Hawks, true birds of prey.

And outside South America restricted to coastal California. Didn't we ready rule out Cali names?

Case-IH still uses Farmall so forget that. And there were never to my knowledge Sout Farmalls.

Whatever they are called I believe it's important to hit the ground withal many variants at once, including pickup version.

Since Scout started with the 80 then the 800 I think For the rebirth they should stick with that theme
The “Scout EV8” or “Scout EV 8000”
“Scout Evolution”
Definitely need a “Binder Package”

Seeing someone talk about Farmall makes me happy lol. Thought I remember seeing a Scout once plowing a field with a muldboard plow. Couldnt find the image I was thinking of but apparently Chevy did that for an advertisement.
1000001688.jpg

I started to like 2 door cars quite a bit a couple years ago and always looked at Crosley's Wagons. They made a small vehicle that is kinda interesting, sold as a car but seems like a UTV compared to what we have today 1000001686.jpg

Oh does look like someone attached a 3 point hitch to a Scout. 1000001687.jpg

Maybe a Scout FE kinda acting as a Scout FarmallElectric badging is possible, though probably not lol