Moab Road Trip Inspiration

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

Harumph

1st Year Member
May 20, 2023
@Scoutmotors, Just back from a road trip and a few ideas came to mind.

1. front storage - i have yet to hear anyone say, "yeah, but it has too much storage..." I challenge the interior design team to create 6 storage nooks per seat. Here is an example of the type of items I keep in just the front seat area of my Bronco, utilizing the existing nooks plus some after-market accessories to add more storage. examples: wallet, keys, phone x 2, sunglasses x2, reading glasses x 2, purse, charge cables x 2, pistol, wireless noise-canceling buds, trash bag, tissue, sanitizing gel, water bottle x 2, coffee tumbler x 2, hat, gloves. I do tend to move items around to access something at the bottom of the pile...not ideal though we make it work. My wife keeps smaller items in her purse. I keep my smaller items in a truck bag.

Including backseat passengers, the Bronco does not have enough storage space. Scout Motors has an opportunity to set a standard for available storage nooks. Designers...if there is a flat interior surface backed by empty space, can that area become a nook?

2. Comms - whether CB, HAM or GMRS, having a dedicated spot within the driver's reach to mount a 2-way radio will be a unique feature for Scout. Do us a solid and run wires for power port, radio installation, an antenna cable and an antenna mount. An alternative idea is to offer a mounting point and power port for a hand-held radio cradle, also within the driver's reach.

3. rear storage - same idea about utilizing flat interior surfaces... I would use tie-downs mounted through the side panels. For comparison, Bronco only has tie-downs on the floor, which are not accessible if covered by the rubber mat.

4. windshield washer fluid access - make it easy to refill, for both front and back wipers. Maybe even consider an externally accessible door (like an iCE fuel filler door), Road trips mean lots of bug splat on the windshield so I go through a lot of washer fluid in my futile attempt to keep the windshield reasonably clean between stops.

5. LED lights - As an EV, Scout should have an abundance of LED lights. exterior: Headlights, driving lights, fog lights, corner/ditch lights, markers, tail lights, puddle lights, reverse lights (that can be seen by the driver!), proximity lights (4 sides), rock lights
interior: footwell, cargo space, front passenger reading light, back passenger reading lights, frunk light
And a Scout flashlight with integrated charging/storage. If you want to really impress, provide a Scout Spot Light!

6. winch - how about a port to mount a Scout winch accessory. Leave access to bolt the winch module to the frame. An alternative accessory idea is a tool box which can be secured in the winch port.

7. air compressor - for off-roading or maintenance. Airdown feature integrated with TPMS to "honk" when a set air pressure is realized. To really stand-out, offer an integrated, real-time tire inflation system which can be controlled from the driver's seat.

IMG-1017.jpg

I was going to start a new thread based on #7. A standard onboard air system across the product lineup would be amazing. The ability to control it all from the driver's seat with the flip of a switch (or push of a button) would be revolutionary!

I saw the 2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter is going to have an onboard air compressor built into the bed of the truck. I think it will be a standard option for that trim level.