Internal Storage Solutions

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

Zanezworld

1st Year Member
Nov 15, 2022
Florida
Being an EV I think opens up the Scout to be full of storage solutions many ICE vehicles can’t match. I’m thinking of things like front trunk, big storage capacity in the rear/under floor storage. I carry a lot of things in my truck on a daily basis and even more when camping (air compressor, hoses, straps, tie downs, tire repair kits, emergency kit, medical emergency kit, etc). So far my Ram 1500 has created the best solution to this inside the cab. I have 2 glove boxes, two big storage bins under the rear floor mats, giant storage area under the rear seat, big truck door storage cubbies. If you Scout focused on giving a lot of storage capacity and organization it would really be great for camping, off-roading, and road tripping. It the more I can neatly store out of the way onboard the less I need to cram into totes that I also need to Tetris into the rear cargo area and lift up onto the roof. The idea of maintaining storage like my truck has plus the rear cargo area as well as a big frunk would make me really excited. For me (and I suspect many others) the Scout is going to be my daily driver in addition to being the fun adventure vehicle!

Im excited to see the scout, and I’ll be placing my deposit as soon as the books open!

Mentioning Ram trucks I’ve had several. The 1998 and 2006 that I had had the 40/20/40 front seats. Meaning independent buckets for the driver and passenger and a fixed section in the middle with an awesome console. It could be flipped up to become a middle seat. The elbow height was perfect when it was down and was so easy to use when an extra seat was needed.

We do a lot of camping trips. It would be really good to have plenty of space for the non back-packing trips when we are carrying a cooler and chairs etc.

I notice the concept images do not have the spare wheel on the back of the vehicle. Does that mean it is going in the frunk?

What does everyone think? Is it better to carry the spare wheel in the frunk? Or would you prefer it on the back and have more storage space inside the vehicle?

Reactions: JohnBills
We do a lot of camping trips. It would be really good to have plenty of space for the non back-packing trips when we are carrying a cooler and chairs etc.

I notice the concept images do not have the spare wheel on the back of the vehicle. Does that mean it is going in the frunk?

What does everyone think? Is it better to carry the spare wheel in the frunk? Or would you prefer it on the back and have more storage space inside the vehicle?
I think we have a thread covering this. My recollection was under the vehicle was top vote if it works with batteries. Maybe someone else recalls which thread that was and the consesus

Actual poll was on the first page, at tge top, of this thread.....

Post in thread 'Tailgate and/or Tailgating' https://scoutmotors.community.forum/threads/tailgate-and-or-tailgating.98/post-1918

Reactions: J Alynn

I don't think any EV on the market has put the spare in the frunk yet (but I could be wrong). That would be an intriguing location and definitely unique. Might also be easier to access versus under the false floor where all the gear will have to be unloaded to access it.

Frunk

Under not through the inside but drop down under the car. I’m torn on this because I think frunk would be easier but that’s huge bonus storage if it can be mounted under

It seems unlikely to me that it could be mounted underneath within the ladder frame because the axles and motors would be in the way and there is not enough overhang on the small SUV. Also mounting underneath would be difficult with bash plates.

I don’t care if it’s on the back. If it’s inside the vehicle with gear loaded above it, you would have to unload to get to it. If I’m changing a wheel on the side of the freeway in the pouring rain I’d be glad to have the spare on the back. So maybe just put it on the back and enjoy the extra storage space or else just use the frunk for spare and other recovery/emergency equipment.

I have a full-sized spare below the bed in the R1T, but above the battery pack. In the rare event that I need the spare, there is a small chance I would need to unload the bed to get to it. It is protected below the bed, and the space in the frunk is more valuable to me than having a full size spare in there (which likely wouldn't fit without some super creative engineering from Scout, and perhaps an awkwardly elongated front end - this is the tire for my 20" AT wheel for reference: 275/65R20 - Not that it couldn't be done, but the extra storage is nice up front. If a spare were to somehow go up front (maybe on an angle for example), the front-end of the truck should either lift with the hood, or have a front gate for easy access.

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 9.30.20 PM.png

Two other thoughts I had on storage for daily chore type work. Having run to get groceries yesterday and someone pulled out in front of me and slammed on breaks. Needless to say groceries were spread over like 20 SF of the rear of Bronco (back seats happened to be down.

1-‘hollow-out’ part of tailgate and have discreet bag hooks on top so you could lift hatch glass and set your groceries through and onto the hooks so groceries don’t go everywhere
2-could rear area behind back seats have a floor flap that fold up like a divider and again open lift or tailgate and put groceries or whatever behind to prevent issue listed above. A flat load rear floor is a must in my opinion but with that comes a lot of room for small things to slide around. I don’t think you need over complicated or over priced aftermarket solutions to solve this. I get there is a place for Mabbett products and divider systems but those are more of a full time solution. I’m thinking of just daily convenience rather than permanent solutions when seats might be down.
Maybe a Velcro wrap around the role bar that has hooks at sides to hang store purchases.

Last edited:
Reactions: Albal and Harris005
Yes! Give me storage everywhere! In the doors, in the dash, in the console, under the seats. I'll take it all!
In several new vehicles I find there are 4 drink holders but not a single slot to hold a map. The glove box is so stuffed with manuals that there's no room for gloves. The flop-down for sunglasses will hold mine, but not my wife's, or my son's (my previous pickup had room for all three.) The only place for a box of tissues is a deep bin with a cover, but the trays in the cover dump themselves if you open the bin. Where do I put the booklet where I write gas records, and notes about trips, etc.? A place for your high heels so you can wear appropriate driving shoes (or holding your flip-flops when driven barefoot. There is a need for abundant useful and convenient storage that is open enough to be readily accessed but also secure enough to avoid it dumping or sliding forward under the pedals in rough country or a hard stop.