Included DVR

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

lefty

1st Year Member
Feb 7, 2023
I also do not use a dash camera but am always fascinated by the luck people have had with respect to capturing events, accidents, etc. on their cameras. It would be cool to have a dash camera included with a DVR. I suppose you never know what you might capture with something like that and what help it may prove to be if you had the retained video footage.

Reactions: Scotus
Having a dash cam / sentry mode has been so great. I got my door dinged once and i was able to see the lady who did it along with her lisence plate. also i've caught other things like when i almost got rear ended by two cars.

If you ever go on youtube you need to check out the youtube channels of wambam tesla cam and wambam dash cam.....a Dash cam is REALLY one of those things that you should have and hopefully never need...because the alternative is worse....there are so many accidents that if they weren't captured on dash cam the driver would have been found at fault or atleast the police wouldn't be able to determine who is at fault.

Yes to an integrated dash cam and sentry mode.
I don't have those features with my current vehicles, however I have cameras at every angle. Love the birds eye view.

Love the dash cam feature integrated in the the Rivian Gear Guard functionality for many reasons... No need for a DVR... You just use a MICRO USB and the truck does the rest. Super easy to manage and thankfully I have never needed any footy for any reason, Although I did catch one MassHole lady throwing bottles and cans at me (while driving behind me) when leaving Logan International Airport at a lane merge with a "zipper"... MassHoles don't understand the concept of alternating every other car (and that alternating isn't going to make you any later than you already are for whatever you are doing). She sped up behind me and pretending like she was going to rear end me (just b/c I merged after letting the car in her lane in), then bounced her front left wheel off the curb in the Sumner Tunnel, then realized she was on camera and sped away. Quite an awesome clip was recorded from the rear cameras of my R1T.

Reactions: J Alynn
Love the dash cam feature integrated in the the Rivian Gear Guard functionality for many reasons... No need for a DVR... You just use a MICRO USB and the truck does the rest. Super easy to manage and thankfully I have never needed any footy for any reason, Although I did catch one MassHole lady throwing bottles and cans at me (while driving behind me) when leaving Logan International Airport at a lane merge with a "zipper"... MassHoles don't understand the concept of alternating every other car (and that alternating isn't going to make you any later than you already are for whatever you are doing). She sped up behind me and pretending like she was going to rear end me (just b/c I merged after letting the car in her lane in), then bounced her front left wheel off the curb in the Sumner Tunnel, then realized she was on camera and sped away. Quite an awesome clip was recorded from the rear cameras of my R1T.
Truly wish 80% of drivers understood the ‘zipper’ concept