Direct competitor: 2025 Jeep Wagoneer S

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Knowing my growth here the cross shopping will be ICE drivers WANTING to be greener but uncomfortable going full EV. That worries me because if the Scout SUV isn’t a show stopper in looks/function and features I suspect it will lose buyers who go hybrid. I’ve learned a ton this far on this forum but my comfort level is still hybrid because getting 44-52 mpg on hybrid accord is still a huge improvement from my 35 years of driving experience and “conditioning”. Still hoping the Scout WOWs me because I want to take the leap.
I think you've nailed it. For EV owners we won't even consider a vehicle with a combustion engine so the only cross shop for us will be the Jeep Recon and maybe the electric Bronco if it ever comes to exist. For most people though I think they're more looking for capabilities so will cross shop against hybrids and even similar combustion vehicles like the current Bronco and Wrangler. A lot of it will have to do with how well they market the capabilities of the Scout, give it cool EV-only features and highlight those capabilities that no combustion vehicle can do.

I'm not too concerned about the market for Scout though, I think they'll be able to sell every single one they make for quite a few years, assuming the price is right. If it's yet-another $100k EV then they might have some issues filling demand. If it's in the Jeep/Bronco price ballpark though then they'll sell whatever they can build.

The thing about EVs is that the best salespeople are the individual owners. It's when the neighbour comes over and asks you questions about your EV and you show them how easy it is to charge and how much better it is than a combustion car. It's the friend you give a ride to who experiences the instant, silent acceleration. It's the family member you help out at the cottage by using your vehicle as a silent power station to run a table saw in the back forty. That's what will get more buyers and the more owners out there, the more people will want them. I'm not worried about demand. The owners will create more owners in the first several years. I'm more worried that I'll have to wait a few years to actually get my hands on one after it launches because I live north of the 49th parallel.

If Scout loses some ICE buyers to the hybrid competition in the early days that will be okay too. Hybrids are the gateway. People think they want the security and familiarity of a combustion engine so they buy a hybrid. But then they experience some of that EV goodness which inevitability won't be long enough because of a hybrid's limited range, so it'll always leave them wanting more. Soon they'll come to resent the times the gas engine kicks in, and having to service the expensive gas engine all the time, and buy expensive fuel and oil for it. They'll wish they could do more electric driving because its cheaper and more pleasant. They'll start to see the gas part of the vehicle as an expensive, obnoxious hassle and you can bet that their next vehicle will be a full EV.

I say this because that's exactly the path I took to EV and it's what I've heard from so many other EV owners I know. I had a hybrid for three years and traded it in for a full EV so I didn't have to deal with the nuisance of owning a combustion engine.

In the land of rugged off-roaders only Scout and Jeep will be players for several years, possibly Rivian with the R2 but that's less of a rugged vehicle in my eyes. Scout could own the bigger half of the market if they play their cards right, they just need to make sure they price the vehicles right to get the bigger slice of that pie and that those vehicles are better than whatever EVs Jeep or Ford manage to produce.

I think Scout has a good shot at this. They have no legacy infrastructure to protect and their management is all pulling in the same direction - no combustion luddites holding them back. They don't have to worry about downplaying their EVs to make their existing combustion vehicles not look too obsolete. They can clean sheet a vehicle and optimize it for exactly what they want it to do without worrying about legacy parts, tooling, and other baggage. I expect it will be a very compelling product when it's (hopefully soon?) revealed.

Granted I can't comment on the current specifics, but the Wagoneer is/was designed for 3 row seating and a slightly different mindset than a GC.
I love my GC, I have been in well over a hundred of all types and love them and knowing their architecture, features, and the vehicle as a whole.
But, not an BEV version. So I'm curious and would love the opportunity to evaluate both a Scout and GC side by side.
Not just physical vehicle usage, but engineering level architecture, controls implementation, diagnostics, and how all this meets the road.
I have my ideas on both, but only can you judge this is when they are complete. Scout has to finish and launch ( plus stabilize the product) then a comparison is fair.

I have a feeling Scout may be more of a competitor to the Land Rover.

New Scout Kin to the previous Scout in name and some styling only.

Jeeps are astronomicaly over priced with poor quality and sour dealer network out here.

Former Rambler dealers that have held up their bad reputation.

We lemon lawed a truck recently and have been asked for a referral to our attorney from our RAM truck owner friends.

Stelantis is the parent to Ram and Jeep.
Ram Aisin transmissions in the Rams are grenading around 700 miles.

Ram/Stelantis is not good about covering the warranty.
Our lawyers number has gone viral in the Ram Truck and OHV truck forums.

I’d never step foot in a Jeep Dealership. Our Grand Cherokee experience was a nightmare.
Ain’t going to get bit by that dog twice.

Reactions: J Alynn
I have a feeling Scout may be more of a competitor to the Land Rover.

New Scout Kin to the previous Scout in name and some styling only.

Jeeps are astronomicaly over priced with poor quality and sour dealer network out here.

Former Rambler dealers that have held up their bad reputation.

We lemon lawed a truck recently and have been asked for a referral to our attorney from our RAM truck owner friends.

Stelantis is the parent to Ram and Jeep.
Ram Aisin transmissions in the Rams are grenading around 700 miles.

Ram/Stelantis is not good about covering the warranty.
Our lawyers number has gone viral in the Ram Truck and OHV truck forums.

I’d never step foot in a Jeep Dealership. Our Grand Cherokee experience was a nightmare.
Ain’t going to get bit by that dog twice.
Wide brush paints good dealers same as bad. My son's Ram 2500 long cab went through a transmission swap but other than some supply chain delays had a very good dealer experience.

And I think you can count the number of current Stelantis dealers that also sold the Renault Alliance on both hands (well maybe around 100) and the ones that were actually AMC at even less.

Recall that back in 2008-2009 the government shut down half of new car dealers just because.

Our lawyers getting $15K to $20K fee per settlement from Stelantis. She's getting rich. Good friend is a man of excellent character and an amazing mechanic. He quit our local dealership over the way they treat customers. Landed on his feet. Got picked up by NASCAR.

Reactions: J Alynn