Scout Motors New Teaser Video

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
I spy three teasers:

IMG_8378.png
IMG_8379.png
IMG_8380.png

Well, after watching the video a dozen times now on the big screen, I can see the shape of the hood, the frunk, the tailgate, the rear side window. Can't wait!
I'm trying to unwrap that Scout logo, is that part of the grill or on a fender well or something else? I feel like those window's may be a rear sliding glass window? I think we see the front with the hood raised and likeley a frunk? I zoomed in 400% on my PC wasn't able to riddle this puzzle. Awesome job, can't wait for the reveal. I keep waiting to see one of these video's with a sheet covering the car with alittle poke of some mud terrains showing or something like this vintage with new....
1728645990831.png

1728646033541.png

Only thing missing was the sound of a i4 or v8. I would love to a new gas scout in the future.

Like make the carbon emissions zero for a few years then start making some engines(hydrogen, gas, diesel, alcohol). By late 2028 i would expect to see these types of engines running cleaner then EVs. Main reason, (not digging into the earth for all materials for batteries, not much tooling goes into a real engine, those fuel types can all interchangeable with very little change to the already existing gas stations. While to put a EV charger on a gas station that can take up to 5-10years due to oil, gas amount in soil bad for the Environment. And the earth has to cycle the oil out. Making construction allowed. Trust me ik my dad works in construction and i do on the side. After my main job as a mechanic.) Which is STUPID!

America is about Fuel Burning Machines.

America is about Fuel Burning Machines.

Isn’t capturing energy with solar and storing it in a battery utilizing our biggest, most badass, fuel burning machine - the sun!

I love fire just as much as any other guy but I can do without combustion engines. I spend a lot of time on the road and I really don’t enjoy breathing the tailpipe polluted air. Electric isn’t a magic answer, it just exchanges one set of problems for another. But I do like the idea of cleaner air around the roads, being able to produce my own energy and charge at home are also big wins. I’ve lived through a couple of fuel shortages where gas stations ran dry. That’s not a problem if your charging from panels on your roof. Electric also means huge torque. What’s not to like about lots of torque? My 2018 Honda Fit has started burning oil and it’s sounding really rough. I made the mistake of letting someone else (Honda main dealer) change the oil and I didn’t check their work and now the engine is ruined, they overfilled it and the massive oil pressure apparently caused damage that didn’t become evident until much later. This sort of thing isn’t a problem with electric.

Isn’t capturing energy with solar and storing it in a battery utilizing our biggest, most badass, fuel burning machine - the sun!

I love fire just as much as any other guy but I can do without combustion engines. I spend a lot of time on the road and I really don’t enjoy breathing the tailpipe polluted air. Electric isn’t a magic answer, it just exchanges one set of problems for another. But I do like the idea of cleaner air around the roads, being able to produce my own energy and charge at home are also big wins. I’ve lived through a couple of fuel shortages where gas stations ran dry. That’s not a problem if your charging from panels on your roof. Electric also means huge torque. What’s not to like about lots of torque? My 2018 Honda Fit has started burning oil and it’s sounding really rough. I made the mistake of letting someone else (Honda main dealer) change the oil and I didn’t check their work and now the engine is ruined, they overfilled it and the massive oil pressure apparently caused damage that didn’t become evident until much later. This sort of thing isn’t a problem with electric.
Im confused on how the Woke Agenda Even confused an american classic on its identity, thats all.

Let's leave politics for another place. Technology will keep moving forward. I don't know too many people that want to go back to a corded drill. :D
Idk about that, some guys still do when im at my second job which is construction some guys use corded drill because they have alot more torque than cordless.

Jamie lets talk after the 24th about engines.

I feel like the topic of engines was laid to rest a while ago in one of the other 5 million discussions about it where it was pretty firmly stated that these are going to have electric engines and that Scout Motors is truly sorry for your loss.

My one concern about the reveal video is why there are no female voices. I mean, if no women are involved, no women are involved. That can’t really be changed at this point. My question is why? Women like Scouts and women like engineering. Did they not apply or not get hired? Is it expected that they’re not going to be a segment that Scout is trying to reach? It bugs me. It doesn’t bug me so much that I’ve lost interest and goodwill (yet), but it bugs me.

I feel like the topic of engines was laid to rest a while ago in one of the other 5 million discussions about it where it was pretty firmly stated that these are going to have electric engines and that Scout Motors is truly sorry for your loss.

My one concern about the reveal video is why there are no female voices. I mean, if no women are involved, no women are involved. That can’t really be changed at this point. My question is why? Women like Scouts and women like engineering. Did they not apply or not get hired? Is it expected that they’re not going to be a segment that Scout is trying to reach? It bugs me. It doesn’t bug me so much that I’ve lost interest and goodwill (yet), but it bugs me.
Idk jamie privately told me lets talk after the 24th about engines.

Good point on representation. If you’ve been following their stories they have highlighted women but to your point-they should be doing better to represent. Scouts and engineering aside, I’m guessing as many or more women are buying SUVs over cars so they should be covered. Hopefully SM can do some more stories as well showing women’s positions within SM and the market

Good point on this particular video. We have a number of different video series planned after launch and the women working on our teams are featured prominently on the teams where they are represented. That's what being a Scout is all about. Thanks for the feedback!

It's not that uncommon to see a SUV's driving around with the doors off and have a young lady at the helm.

The culture is changing daily and you have to be ready. I'm not a promoter of the WOKE movement in any way, but there are changes.
Of course, we have to wait til the 24th to find out if the doors come off 😋

• Haha
Reactions: J Alynn
My point was to promote to all, male and female.

Doors coming off would be a great vendor item down the road (later in time).

Removable roof with funky rollbars or showbars maybe in time after the public shows interest.

Reactions: oldgeeksguide