Scout Motors New Teaser Video

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Good point on this particular video. We have a number of different video series planned after launch and the women working on our teams are featured prominently on the teams where they are represented. That's what being a Scout is all about. Thanks for the feedback!
Thanks, Jamie! That’s good to hear. My point was that it’s cool to see women in things because it gives me a feeling that I, a woman, am welcome. I figured it wasn’t a devious act of woman-repellent marketing, but better said than not?

I will keep my anguish about not being invited to the launch to myself and instead warmly thank you for the free car that is most certainly in my future. 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Thanks, Jamie! That’s good to hear. My point was that it’s cool to see women in things because it gives me a feeling that I, a woman, am welcome. I figured it wasn’t a devious act of woman-repellent marketing, but better said than not?

I will keep my anguish about not being invited to the launch to myself and instead warmly thank you for the free car that is most certainly in my future. 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
Keep making solid contributions to the forum and work yourself up the line. 🤣Maybe you can land an invite to a future event. Not as cool as the reveal 😏 but surely there will be other events or plant tours or something that will be unique.
I’ve enjoyed your contributions and feedback since you started posting and I’m glad more women are joining and offering thoughts and opinions. I know lots of Jeep and Bronco and 4-Runner women so it’s good that you are on and hopefully encouraging others to be here as well to provide input and feedback !!!
Thank you!

Besides my other point I will add. Much of my career is designing homes/townhomes and while it seems to be a male dominated field, I always ask my wife and several women I’m friends with to critique plans. I’m always amazed at how differently we think. Having solid insight from both men and women is important as homes and vehicles are almost always the largest two $$$ investments people will make in their lifetime. They also affect 90% of our daily lives (unless you are urban and rely primarily on mass transit). Ironically it goes both ways. Down to the proper size for knobs and pull handles on cabinets due to hand sizes. Theses details matter and hopefully both groups within SM team of designers are approaching it to be as functional for both as possible to allow maximum flexibility.

Keep making solid contributions to the forum and work yourself up the line. 🤣Maybe you can land an invite to a future event. Not as cool as the reveal 😏 but surely there will be other events or plant tours or something that will be unique.
I’ve enjoyed your contributions and feedback since you started posting and I’m glad more women are joining and offering thoughts and opinions. I know lots of Jeep and Bronco and 4-Runner women so it’s good that you are on and hopefully encouraging others to be here as well to provide input and feedback !!!
Thank you!
Well, thank you! 😃 I really appreciate that. My friends know that I have a thing for Scouts, but none of my friends have a thing or have developed a thing for Scouts. I’ve been wearing my Scout Motors hat out and about and so far, hoping someone [not crazy] will notice and decide that I am the perfect candidate for spontaneous best friendship based on a shared appreciation of Scouts, but it hasn’t happened yet. I missed the NE Scout meetup recently because I’ve been dealing with kidney stones and their aftermath… that would have been the ideal place for such a scenario to take place. Alas!

Well, thank you! 😃 I really appreciate that. My friends know that I have a thing for Scouts, but none of my friends have a thing or have developed a thing for Scouts. I’ve been wearing my Scout Motors hat out and about and so far, hoping someone [not crazy] will notice and decide that I am the perfect candidate for spontaneous best friendship based on a shared appreciation of Scouts, but it hasn’t happened yet. I missed the NE Scout meetup recently because I’ve been dealing with kidney stones and their aftermath… that would have been the ideal place for such a scenario to take place. Alas!
“Enjoyed” that misery 2 years ago. Wouldn’t wish that on enemies. Sooner or later that hat will pay off. Like wearing a Penn State anywhere in the country. You always know you’ll make a new friend😀

I would go so far as to say that Scout has already done a really excellent job promoting women - at least in my eyes. And what's better than a woman driving a truck anyway?

As far as "wokeness" goes, that has nothing to do with Scout, electricity, EV's or trucks. Applying a "wokeness" label to an inanimate object is simply a sign of weakness. Doesn't take a lot of brain power to understand that owning an EV can make a person more self-reliant (particularly when it comes to fueling). Clean energy can be produced from your own roof, driving emission-free is a step forward, and caring for the outdoors and having self-awareness about your own impact on the planet is hopefully something EVERY Scout owner will consider.

I would go so far as to say that Scout has already done a really excellent job promoting women - at least in my eyes. And what's better than a woman driving a truck anyway?

As far as "wokeness" goes, that has nothing to do with Scout, electricity, EV's or trucks. Applying a "wokeness" label to an inanimate object is simply a sign of weakness. Doesn't take a lot of brain power to understand that owning an EV can make a person more self-reliant (particularly when it comes to fueling). Clean energy can be produced from your own roof, driving emission-free is a step forward, and caring for the outdoors and having self-awareness about your own impact on the planet is hopefully something EVERY Scout owner will consider.
My wife recently took a college class on diversity and inclusion. Since it was online I was able to sit in on most of it. Some students started as skeptics and discovered it was not what they thought it was.

One thing I learned is that companies can fake an appearance of diversity through marketing materials or by giving high profile jobs to people from underrepresented groups. These are called “vanity metrics”. But what really matters most is the actual culture inside the company. The actual internal culture is very difficult to see from the outside and very difficult to measure from the inside.

In the last video only men spoke but I believe it would have been wrong to add a female voice just to look diverse. In the video we heard from the CEO and top design team executives. It might be that women are underrepresented in the industry for these roles. For example, I can only think of one car company with a female CEO. There may be very few female applicants for these positions for various reasons. If so, this is an industry wide problem. It cannot be fixed overnight and it shouldn’t be hidden by faking diversity just to look good.

A better question to ask is: are the men in this video training and mentoring any women to do their jobs or are they training only other men. That’s a better metric for the actual internal culture and something Scout might discuss internally.

I work in a very "engineering intensive" industry. There are some amazing female engineers that I have worked with. If I am being honest, the gender gap is very real in engineering (as it can be in other industries). Companies will go out of their way to find great female engineers, but they must be qualified of course. So, it is just plain hard to be equally represented when building cars specifically, but will hopefully get better: https://www.aauw.org/resources/research/the-stem-gap/

In the last video only men spoke but I believe it would have been wrong to add a female voice just to look diverse. In the video we heard from the CEO and top design team executives. It might be that women are underrepresented in the industry for these roles. For example, I can only think of one car company with a female CEO. There may be very few female applicants for these positions for various reasons. If so, this is an industry wide problem. It cannot be fixed overnight and it shouldn’t be hidden by faking diversity just to look good.

A better question to ask is: are the men in this video training and mentoring any women to do their jobs or are they training only other men. That’s a better metric for the actual internal culture and something Scout might discuss internally.

I like the cut of your jib there, good sir.

I work in a very "engineering intensive" industry. There are some amazing female engineers that I have worked with. If I am being honest, the gender gap is very real in engineering (as it can be in other industries). Companies will go out of their way to find great female engineers, but they must be qualified of course. So, it is just plain hard to be equally represented when building cars specifically, but will hopefully get better: https://www.aauw.org/resources/research/the-stem-gap/
There were a lot of brilliant female engineering students where I used to work in my old life for certain, but none of them really went on to work in the automotive industry. They’re ripe for the picking!!! I’m telling you, Scout Motors, you need to look at those top U.S. News and World Report engineering colleges for meat, like that one clown college in Cambridge, MA maybe? They’re good for some brains. 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

Reactions: J Alynn
Holy sidetrack, Batman.
I realize that I could have put more thought into asking my question about “where the female voices at,” but it’s not less any less legitimate of an ask than “did you look into designing this so that the roof could come off?”

With that, I’m tapping out because I agree: this is done.

I recently had to leave my home of 34 years to make way for the rising water of Hurricane Helene. In doing so, we went to my garage, to the second floor and watched the flood water come on and go out. During that time as the water was rising, we could hear numerous car alarms going off. Then they quit!

Just around the corner from us "was" an EV that didn't fare so well that morning.

20240930_155929~2.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: J Alynn