Scout EV - Door Inspiration (Compilation)

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

tetchema

1st Year Member
Jun 7, 2023
Allen, TX
Like the original, we'll want a sashless door frame for easy removal and storage.
(Would like the vent window, but know it won't pass crash safety standards)

1976-international-scout-traveler.jpg

An option would be the half doors.

121520-1977-International-Super-Scout-II-1-e1608104438296.jpg

Another option could be "bikini doors" as seen on the Bronco Pre-Production model
new-bronco-07-1594675777.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    643.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 1976-international-scout-ii.jpg
    1976-international-scout-ii.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 1979-international-scout-ii (1).jpg
    1979-international-scout-ii (1).jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 1
Much of your ideas are/have already been discussed. If you search for them you can contribute your input and ideas with everyone else, cheers.

My apologies.
I just wanted to add some ideas for discussion and/or consideration.
This IS an open forum, after all, isn’t it?
Segne dein Herz

My apologies.
I just wanted to add some ideas for discussion and/or consideration.
This IS an open forum, after all, isn’t it?
Segne dein Herz
Of course it is. But you can understand some of the frustration, and I'm not even an admin looking for feedback, in a new person coming on and blowing up the forum with multiple threads of things that have been/still are being discussed daily.

Like for the SSII there's much door discussion: https://scoutmotors.community.forum/threads/super-scout-package.64/

Then lots of door talk in "Scout Design Team Feedback": https://scoutmotors.community.forum/threads/scout-design-team-feedback-v1.126/

"Scout Design Ideas": https://scoutmotors.community.forum/threads/scout-design-ideas.15/

"So what does everyone think of the first new Scout designs?": https://scoutmotors.community.forum...yone-think-of-the-first-new-scout-designs.11/

No one's trying to be a dick to you, if that's how I came across I can try to do better.

Reactions: tetchema
I think what @IdahoJOAT may be trying to say is a lot of these topics have been discussed extensively in other threads and reading through a few first might help continue to enhance the thought processes many of the active users are drawn to. Also note that Jamie/Chris and the Scout motors team are actively viewing the threads to scrub the best ideas we’ve got to make the scout the best all around vehicle for all of us who are fans. Continually adding very similar threads makes it harder for them to catch great ideas
This same scenario occurred on the Bronco6G forum where interested folks jumped on and started nearly duplicate threads which made it very difficult to find items as well as made it hard on brand new forum members to know which thread was most relevant.
@IdahoJOAT has been on the forum from nearly the beginning like myself and while neither I, nor do I believe Idaho are policing we’ve just seen A LOT of great info already offered and continuing on those threads makes the chain of information more user friendly for everyone.
I know he isn’t knocking you as we’ve all posted items on here that were “debated”, if you will for good and bad we’ve all received loves as well as “I would challenge…” or “here’s science that says your idea sucks…”.
This forum has been great and the administrator’s take our ideas back to design and corporate which is such a great approach.
I’d encourage you and many new members to read existing threads because (myself included) reading others ideas may allow you to concur and save yourself a bunch of typing OR it may strike a good or bad nerve within you that makes an idea you have even better or allows you to challenge an existing thought because of personal or technical info you might possess which ultimately we all get to share

As an example, new members still join today after 7 months(?) and say they want a gas or diesel engine option which the admin team has already stated IS NOT happening. After reading that time and time again I can see why @IdahoJOAT and others of us who have been on for a long while get a little bit annoyed.

All that said I like your emergency communication ideas as I said and nobody has noted that but lots of similar communication ideas have been shared in another thread and it would be great to copy your initial thought to that thread IMHO

That said, glad to have you on the forum sharing your thoughts and ideas.

I think in the end it's all good.

There are going to be things buried sometimes pages deep that aren't easy to find, especially as time goes on. If someone wants to start a new topic bring up a suggestion, then either it grows some discussion around it as it is something new or hotly debated or it will eventually roll off the bottom of the page. We take note of all the suggestions in the forum and I actually have a large spreadsheet with nearly all of them, so adding some more new ones or adding a vote/tally count to existing suggestions is fine on my end.

We appreciate all the feedback and encourage everyone to keep it coming.

Jamie

Removable doors and inserts sounds great. My personal experience confirms this feature is not at all practical or even wanted in most off-roading scenarios. I want protection from mud/dust, branches and rocks. Water fording might also be a consideration, though maybe not a typical scenario for an EV. For on-road driving, there is no way to protect the passengers from side impact or flying debris.
Scout designers will have to consider what is compromised in the trade-off to have the open door experience.

For those not familiar with other vehicles offering the open door experience, the way some people gain a degree of safety is to add tube doors.
Note, tube doors are recommended by the manufacturer for off-road use only.

My vote is to offer this feature, but only if doing so does not drive cost up or diminish the driving range. I will leave my doors attached.

@Scoutmotors after launch of the truck and rugged RUV, how about considering a smaller rig that competes directly with wrangler and bronco. Open top, open doors, full roll protection. Maybe this is the plan for the 2 door ;)

Reactions: J Alynn
Removable doors and inserts sounds great. My personal experience confirms this feature is not at all practical or even wanted in most off-roading scenarios. I want protection from mud/dust, branches and rocks. Water fording might also be a consideration, though maybe not a typical scenario for an EV. For on-road driving, there is no way to protect the passengers from side impact or flying debris.
Scout designers will have to consider what is compromised in the trade-off to have the open door experience.

For those not familiar with other vehicles offering the open door experience, the way some people gain a degree of safety is to add tube doors.
Note, tube doors are recommended by the manufacturer for off-road use only.

My vote is to offer this feature, but only if doing so does not drive cost up or diminish the driving range. I will leave my doors attached.

@Scoutmotors after launch of the truck and rugged RUV, how about considering a smaller rig that competes directly with wrangler and bronco. Open top, open doors, full roll protection. Maybe this is the plan for the 2 door ;)
In PA to my knowledge it’s illegal to have doors off on public roads. I believe there’s a small loophole that allows tube/cage doors if they are manufacturer doors and tested.
That said I see people in Jeeps all the time with no doors but in some areas the Police will pull you over and cite you. Truth be told I would say it’s less than 5% that pull doors off.
I don’t see myself ever removing doors but to each there own

I LOVE to have the doors off on the Jeep. Love it. But then again, with the Traveler I hope to get, I'm the type that would rock top off, doors off from May to November. I'd wear boots/jeans/jackets/beanie then flip flops/t-shirts/ballcaps then back to boots/jeans/jackets/beanie. For the true winter I'd put the doors and top back on(I'll use other's ideas on how to take my old Scout doors off).

I WILL say that one of my most miserable experiences driving, of all time, WASN'T the summer rainstorm we got while in Costco and had no doors. It was the 110 degree day on a freshly paved road. There was no manner of speed or blasting AC inside that stopped us from roasting. It was a miserable 10 minutes on that road. Doors went on IMMEDIATELY.

• Haha
Reactions: Harumph and J Alynn