Rivian R2

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Not bad looking. I’m not a huge fan of touchscreen and no buttons BUT love the interior material sections. Over all it’s a nice looking vehicle. Maybe compete against the Bronco sport ???
Speaking of the interior, the R3X interior looked good, I think they referred to it as rugged fun?
1709839539022.png
1709839572558.png
1709839621096.png

Reactions: LastDayScout
I think the Bronco sport has 2 liter gas engine and takes 7.2 seconds to go 0-60. Seemingly extremely lackluster performance specs, and not really a director competitor, but someone on the fence about EV's might shop LR, Jeep, Bronco, etc, I suppose.

I see the new SM being sized more toward the R1S than the R2? The R2 is about 2" inches (all around) smaller than a Defender 110.

Reactions: R1TVT
Yes, compressed cork, which seems like an interesting material choice (and a good one). The blue may just be an accent matching the exterior, but who knows.

Agreed 100%. Still a good feature, but yes, I was actually expecting more in the "open air" department!

Reactions: J Alynn
Agreed 100%. Still a good feature, but yes, I was actually expecting more in the "open air" department!
When leaks came out that the rear windows pop out I thought removable. That would have been great. I haven't been in an R1 but seems that it would capture that open air experience but there is something about a manual removal top.

Well, Rivian dropped 2 new vehicles today (R2 and R3) and even dropped a performance "X" variant on the R3.

Personally, I would have preferred to have seen a 2-door truck come off the R2, BUT the reaction to R2 and R3 seems to be very impressive so far.
R3 was a surprise. I wish them well!

The R2 size and overall proportions look ok to me but without a removable roof, I have no interest. The windshield has too much rake. Hate the C-pillar. Like the roll down rear window and interior materials. Rivian’s exterior aesthetic is just too bland for me, especially in white. It’s like a toaster. It’s a good thing they have weird headlights or there’d be nothing to look at on the outside (I don’t want weird headlights on the Scout).
The R3 looks like a Yugo EV.

• Haha
Reactions: J Alynn
Agree those wheels on the R3X are sick and the orange paint on the mirrors throws a nicely distinct look.

Kudos to Rivian for making a vehicle that car enthusiasts can get excited about, with the R3X.

Can’t wait for the Scout reveal. It’s between the R3X and the Scout, for my personal use. I have a 2-door Bronco that will never leave the stable, still searching for the electric commuter that will take daily duty.

Agree those wheels on the R3X are sick and the orange paint on the mirrors throws a nicely distinct look.

Kudos to Rivian for making a vehicle that car enthusiasts can get excited about, with the R3X.

Can’t wait for the Scout reveal. It’s between the R3X and the Scout, for my personal use. I have a 2-door Bronco that will never leave the stable, still searching for the electric commuter that will take daily duty.
What color and model Bronco-assuming new or guess maybe you mean an original if it’s resting in the stable

I love the R3. Its the exact vehicle i've been waiting for in terms of size/style. Just need to figure out a way to take the roof off.....

I like both the R2 and R3 from what I've seen online, but I'm waiting for a Scout. :) If Scout wasn't coming back, I'd be looking hard between the Rivian, LR1953, and the Bronco.

The R3X definitely got my attention. I'm very curious to feel and try those huge haptic scroll wheels they're adding to the steering wheel. But I'm also still very much in Camp Chunky Buttons.